Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• I've been running Pi-Hole for a couple of months now based on this guide, thank you. I ran through again and got it running. How are updates to Pi-Hole handled, does this occur automatically when updating all OMV packages or is there more to it?

• Quote from crashtest: “Did you notice this, from the error message above? Do you see anything wrong with it? --gateway=192.1681.1 ___________________________________________ All of the parameters must be spot perfect, or you'll get an error. I would delete the MacVlan interface and try again. ” If only it were that simple. Same error code is generated with the decimal in the right place. Source Code (9 lines)

• Quote from crashtest: “You can use the How To on mediafire, if you add the Docker Plugin to your system. The first thing to do is backup your boot SD-card: If you have Pi-hole direct installed, you'll need to purge it. Then, bring your installation up-to-date, install the Docker plugin, reboot, and follow the How-To. Until I can edit the PDF, there's one change that applies to the R-PI. When you pull the Docker, the tag field as recommended in the document is: v4.2.2-1_armhf Change that to: 4.2.…

• OK, I'm currently using dd to create an image of the SD card. Can you give a quick rundown on purging pi-hole please?

• Hello, pardon if this is in the wrong place. I have an install of OMV on a Pi 3+ that's been in place for a couple of months. I came across a guide for installing Pi-hole on OMV, which seemed like a great solution since OMV is on all the time. It's an older method that suggested setting the active port for PH to 8080, which I did. Initially, there were no problems. I could log into OMV by going to a browser and typing in its IP for my network: 192.168.1.103; getting into the PH interface just re…

• Unable to login to complete setup

Mr. Lumbergh - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Mr. Lumbergh: “I spent so much time trying to get Etcher working that when I got a clean boot finally ” What does this mean? 'Trying to get Etcher working'? Etcher works flawlessly, if problems occur this is an indication that the SD card is faulty. How did you achieve a 'clean boot'? By disabling verify in Etcher? ” Long story, but neither the Linux AppImage nor source that is offered at Github would run on my desktop; I'm not sure if it was a dependency issue or…

• RAID1 - hardware or software?

Mr. Lumbergh - - RAID

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Mr. Lumbergh: “I've lost things I considered priceless before because of HDD failures ” RAID1 can't help here. RAID is about data availability and not data protection. You need backup. And USB RAID especially connected to something unreliable as a RPi is only a great way to fool yourself. ” Interesting, why? My understanding of RAID1 is that the function is the opposite, a fully-redundant mirroring of drives so that if one fails the other can be used to restore on…

Mr. Lumbergh - - RAID

Quote from henfri: “Why do you want to use Raid1? If you need high reliability, you better use something else than a Raspi and USB drives, that I why I ask. Apart from that: Software. Otherwise if your enclosure fails, your data is lost. Single point of failure. ” Paranoia, mostly. I've lost things I considered priceless before because of HDD failures.

Mr. Lumbergh - - RAID

I've installed OMV on a Raspberry Pi to use as a network fileshare/media server between another Pi, a MacBook, a Linux laptop, and a desktop booting a couple of 'Nixes and Wintendo 7. Attached I have a pair of HGST 1TB drives in a Nexstar GX NST-272S3 dual enclosure I picked up with the intention of using it in RAID1 to serve as a redundant backup of the photos, music, etc. scattered across all my devices as well as share and stream among them and I also will be installing Unison soon to keep ev…

Mr. Lumbergh - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from KM0201: “I *believe* the password is openmediavault ” That's true for all 'official' OMV images available at SourceForge. There's also a readme.txt (which nobody reads as usual): sourceforge.net/projects/openm…/Raspberry%20Pi%20images/ ” Yes, guilty. My apologies. I spent so much time trying to get Etcher working that when I got a clean boot finally I jumped in and forgot about it.

Mr. Lumbergh - - General

Quote from KM0201: “admin and openmediavault is for the webui (go to the IP address in a browser from a machine on your network) To log in at the console... username is root.. and I *believe* the password is openmediavault.. however different images seem to have different root passwords... so you need to check the info where you downloaded the image.. it should state what the root passwords is. admin cannot log in at the console (or ssh for that matter) ” Ahh, thank you. The WEBGUI, as in, not t…

Mr. Lumbergh - - General

Pardon if this is a repeat thread, I didn't see anything with a quick search. I just installed OMV 4 on an extra Pi 3+ I had. I used Etcher to load the image to a SanDisk 32GB micro SD card, and watched it boot verbose. There were a couple errors that came up but it seemed to be things such as "Microtek Bluetooth Adapter" and the like that I'm not using. After a verbose reboot with fewer errors, it popped up with the ASCII-character logo, a few more status lines on WPA Supplicant and the like, I…