Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full ” The plugins aren't filling your OS drive. What you do with the plugins might but most that would fill the drive can be changed. My dev VM has a lot of plugins installed and is only using 2.5GB. If you are using docker, you should change the path to a data drive.

• Nanopi crashes on file transfers

ryecoaaron - - General

Which Nano Pi? How did you install OMV? What image did you use?

• They are sorted by rownum until you click the sort column. I think the column should have it sortable flag turned off. If you want the sorting backing, just Reset the UI like I mentioned earlier.

• I guess I should've look at the source. The apt logs don't have a time date column - github.com/openmediavault/open…tic/log/plugin/Apt.js#L71

• OMV 5 new behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

I'll have to install a fresh VM to see if I can test this on a VM.

• While I don't understand why the network adapter would make a difference, maybe @trapexit has an idea?

• Quote from Joe Chip: “Are You using Rasberry installation, or intel based? maybe those problems are related to raspi build and not caused by any plugins? ” The plugin doesn't know/care what system it is running on.

• Debian RAID fault after restart?

ryecoaaron - - General

mdadm raid should never be run on usb drives either. There is nothing redundant or available about an RPi. Why would you need your drives to be redundant? raid isn't a backup.

• Did you try the Reset UI to Defaults in the top right dropdown and clear your browser cache?

• Quote from smiler: “soething seems to be wrong with the implementation of borg backup on omv5? ” No need to post in the forum and github at the same time. I posted on the issue. I definitely think this is a problem with your system since it is working fine on mine.

• OMV 5 new behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quick look at the code, looks like it should be using the mac address of the primary adapter. Not sure why it isn’t. I don’t see anywhere that would generate a mac address.

• Delete of (old) Plexmediaserver repo

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from cavalon: “actually, there are no network problems of my system that I'm aware of. The error above is thrown in the process of disabling / deleting the Plexserver repo - no errors elsewhere... ” As mentioned previously, your system can't contact the ubuntu key server. I doubt the key server was down. So, something on your network wasn't allowing the traffic out. Quote from cavalon: “any other way to get rid of the plex repo? ” delete it from the omvextras file in /etc/apt/sources.list.…

• Debian RAID fault after restart?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from hemertje: “Is there stil the fault in Debian with Openmediavault software, that causes that your RAID is lost after reboot? ” This has never been the fault of OMV and I really don't blame Debian either. I have used raid for years and never had an array not assemble on boot. I think this happens when the arrays are built from/on equipment that not up to the task and/or used in a way never intended for raid.

• Quote from Sugadaddy: “I'll try a clean install of OMV on another drive when I have the time. ” I don't think a fresh install is going to help much. If you want closer to 10G speeds, you are going to have to use raid.

• Quote from Joe Chip: “Couldn't extract an UUID from the provided path '/export/union'. need to do some magic with configuration? ” I don't know what is causing this. /export/union shouldn't be passed to the mergerfs backend. I also can't reproduce it.

• Quote from Joe Chip: “How I can modify config.xml to remove "permanently" definition x-systemd.requires in fstab? ” Change the options in the mntent section. If you edit the pool in the web interface, it will add them back though. I guess I could add a checkbox to disable them.

• Best way to Auto-Mount .iso files

ryecoaaron - - General

Just a note that you can pxe boot a lot of ISO files. No need to mount them. I have done this for many ISOs. There is no way to do this from the web interface but you could: Add a shared folder to disk d1 called isos from command line make a directory mkdir /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/isos/iso1 Then manually add a line to /etc/fstab (after the openmediavault tags) like: /path/to/iso/file /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/isos/iso1 auto loop 0 0 This will mount the iso on reboot. To mount it now, just do a…

• Quote from Sugadaddy: “I get 113MB/s reads when accessing the pool through the 1G connection, and 85MB/s reads when using the 10G connection. It should at least match the 1G speed. ” I can't explain this. mergerfs never does anything with networking. It always has a layer between it like samba or nfs. Maybe your 1G NIC driver needs less cpu than the 10G NIC driver??

• Quote from manubu: “It looks like the delete is not being correctly applied. At no point during the unmount or deletion was I asked to save the changes in the GUI. ” What are you deleting? Something from the Filesystem tab or the mergerfs pool? If it is mergerfs, it applies the changes right away.

• OMV5 Environment Variables

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from gderf: “But where's the documentation that tells what the values for these are? ” There isn't any that I know of. Here is a different grep with the default values: grep -r 'default:OMV_' /srv/salt/omv/* | cut -d ":" -f3 | cut -d')' -f1 | sort | uniq (Hidden Content) Quote from gderf: “As to my OMV 2.x box that became a 3, 4, and 5 - there has to be a ton of unused cruft in it. I would have a clue how to clean it all out. It's up to 11GB now. ” I would start with du -d1 -h -x / | sort …