Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

• +1 for me on the positive side of OMV5, stable and using portainer for Docker and no issues. Setup: 1. Snapraid 2. UnionFS 3. Portainer 4. Cockpit for VMs.

• OMV5/Virtualbox

guyp2k - - Plugins

Given the official reply from ryecoaaron and VB from a plugin perspective I was hopeful that the plugin would be ported over to OMV5. I have been using Cockpit and one issue/challenge I can't address is creating a bridge network from the Cockpit web interface and I read where it is not recommended not to install NetworkManager. I am having an issue where I need the guest to communicate w/ the host that OMV and Cockpit reside. I can communicate w/ all other hosts on the network w/ the exception o…

• OMV Qemu-KVM

guyp2k - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from guyp2k: “just curious how you present the disks to OMV, from proxmox or passthrough? ” I have done both but most are virtual disks because I have a proxmox cluster and you can't migrate a VM to different host if you are using passthrough.Quote from guyp2k: “Lastly, do you run Docker from the OMV VM as well? ” No. I have an Ubuntu 18 server VM just for dockers. ” I spun up proxmox on a spare box and curious how you present the volumes to docker i.e., plex, did y…

• OMV Qemu-KVM

guyp2k - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Firefly: “But NAS is more important then VM. ” Mine is as well but I still run OMV as a VM on proxmox. ” Thinking about going this route as well, just curious how you present the disks to OMV, from proxmox or passthrough? Lastly, do you run Docker from the OMV VM as well? Thanks

• openmediavault-webgui_error.log

guyp2k - - General

Before I start making permission changes thought I would post here. Having an issue when setting the web GUI auto logout and when looking at the logs I see the following: /var/log/nginx# tail -1 openmediavault-webgui_error.log 2019/11/24 09:02:49 [error] 1620#1620: *647 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: DOMDocument::load(/etc/openmediavault/config.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 112PHP message: PH…

• Resolved: I actually had a path in one of my containers pointing to /sharedfolders. Thought I had addressed, but I overlooked that one path. I am using the the following path for Docker: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-appdata/Docker, Docker Storage under OMV Extras. All the containers I have setup are /srv/dev-disk.... Looking through fstab, it's /srv/disk..., sorry if I am missing something obvious here. Thanks

• Update: Disabled Docker and was able to do what I needed to w/ the disks and shares. Any idea where the conflict is occurring w/ Docker enabled? fstab: # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5). # # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass> # / was on /dev/nvme0n1p2 during in…

• Thanks for the reply and I missed a step earlier when I created the routing table. last question OMV echoes back not to edit /etc/networks, rather /etc/systemd/network for the last piece to make the routing tables static on a reboot. Below are the interfaces: 10-openmediavault-enp1s0f0.link -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 184 Nov 10 19:41 10-openmediavault-enp1s0f0.network -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 123 Nov 10 19:41 10-openmediavault-enp3s0f0.link -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 160 Nov 10 19:41 10-openmediavault-enp…

• Currently I have 2 physical interfaces configured in OMV: 1. enp1s0f0 - 192.168.1.25/24 GW: 192.168.1.1 2. enp3s0f0 - 192.168.4.2/24 GW: 192.168.4.1 I can ping both IPs and both GWs sourcing from 192.168.1.0/24 network. My issue is I created a MACVLAN in Docker for both the .1 and .4 network. The .1 MACVLAN works just fine however when I assign any container to .4 MACVLAN I can't communicate with the container on the .4 MACVLAN. The .4 MACVLAN is configured as follows: 192.168.4.2/24 GW: 192.168…

• Currently I have a an OMV5 install with the following at high-level: 1. SNAPRAID 2. Multiple shares. 3. UnionFS 4. Dokcer on separate SSD. 5. All drives attached to LSI HBA adapter. I have read a few threads and would like to confirm/validate as I swap out CPU and MB. 1. Unplug data and Docker drives. 2. New install of OMV5. 3. Shutdown, plug in drives and reboot. 4. Add drives back and mount. 5. Create SNAPRAID and UnionFS. Drives will be named the same and added as before. 6. Install Docker po…

• Error when I add a share!

guyp2k - - General

Last question, I am using snapraid and unionfs and have the following: 9281424326658 4 drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Nov 3 10:09 7b9a5991-098e-4993-a5e3-b9db0fc5699e 2752551 4 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Oct 31 16:23 dev-disk-by-label-Docker 2752555 4 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 07:42 dev-disk-by-label-Test 2 4 drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 3 08:53 dev-disk-by-label-appdata 2 4 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-data1 2 4 drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-d…

• Error when I add a share!

guyp2k - - General

Quote from KM0201: “Then I have no idea what it could be... In my case, the folders I was adding had nothing to do with Docker or my Containers folder... but when I'd get the error, it always referenced my Containers folder.... this made me think to just disable all of my Docker containers an then try to add the share, and it worked perfectly.. restart Docker containers, problem repeats. Once I remapped my Docker container paths, I've not had the problem since. Since you're not running Docker, i…

• Can't Mount new Drive/File System

guyp2k - - General

no spaces and no special characters. Formatted as ext4 and label is appdata. The drive is a 500GB SSD I want to use for Docker. OMV sees the drive and I am able to wipe and create a file-system, just can't mount or any other drive for that matter. Update; Seemed to addressed the issue, I had to edit /etc/fstab and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. There were non-used drives in config.xml I deleted and same in fstab. Once I cleaned up those 2 files and rebooted, I was able to create the FS, mount, …

• impossible to mount my device

guyp2k - - General

Same issue: Running 5.0.12-1 and I attempted to add an additional drive/SSD. I have wiped and created a file system, but when I try and mount the disk I receive the following error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run fstab 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:---------- ID: create_filesystem_mountpoint_96b4a306-6e39-45ab-bd0c-7521ef20f45a Function: file.accumulated Result: True Comment: Accumul…

• Can't Mount new Drive/File System

guyp2k - - General

Running 5.0.12-1 and I attempted to add an additional drive/SSD. I have wiped and created a file system, but when I try and mount the disk I receive the following error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run fstab 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:---------- ID: create_filesystem_mountpoint_96b4a306-6e39-45ab-bd0c-7521ef20f45a Function: file.accumulated Result: True Comment: Accumulator... Any …

• Creating Share error 5.0.11

guyp2k - - General

I tried to create a new share and when I apply I receive the following error: Any ideas? The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take eff The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect. Displaying items 1 - 6 of 6 Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:----------…