Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 676.

• Quote from KM0201: “Interesting idea. Results aren't particularly surprising to me. Given the long thread about Portainer vs Cockpit, kinda surprised me cockpit doesn't have a single vote. ” I think that's because portainer is the "official" docker manager on OMV 5. I know that the results may not be surprising, but the idea is mostly: 1) When in doubt between some software look at the most used one (es. qbittorrent vs deluge) 2) Learn about a tons of new software that may be usefull. I found a …

• Update: i changed the site with a better one, I'm trying to restore the number of votes! Sorry for the trouble Update2: now the resultsof the old poll are into the new one

• FML, I thought that when you click on other it would permanently add options to new users too! Need to find a new site and try to transfer the result of this one on it

• If it get enough success I would suggest to pin it on top. A list of the most popular software could help a lot the beginners!

• Hi everyone! I created a poll where you can select the docker you're using: poll.ly/#/29Kw5nXk You need to enter a nickname, you can put everything you want. You can also add a single option at time and everyone will be able to select it later. The idea is to help new and old user to find the best software or a new things to do with their NAS. The poll is open and if something is missing you can select "Other" and add everything you want.

• AMD vs Intel for 50TB NAS build

Blabla - - My NAS Build

The Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM is one of the best low watt you can find. Don't go under 400W because every psu on the market with 350W or lower are made with an worse technology, that's why I went for the 400W and not a lower one.

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from gderf: “Quote from Blabla: “What's IPMI? I don't think there are many 10 sata motheboard for consumer I think even 8 are a lot ” IPMI......well if you read up on it or knew about it first hand you might understand why IPMI is a highly desirable feature. Not sure what you really mean by consumer here. I'm a consumer and my OMV server has IPMI and 12 SATA ports. ” Ah sorry, I only knew it as DRAC (from Dell). Sadly Asus,asrock, gigabyte and MSI don't support this kind of technlogy

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from subzero79: “I have my eyes on this asrock mb with ipmi for amd newegg.com/amp/asrock-rack-x47…cessors/p/N82E16813140023 price has gone down a little bit since last time I checked. ” What's IPMI? Why not go for an other b450 mATX with 6 sata ports? Quote: “I am using 8TD WD Red (5400RPM) drives. I have 8 of them leaving 2 sata ports for my boot drive (if I get a board with 10x SATA on it). I don't think I have a full understanding of the recommendations here, whether to go Intel or AMD…

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Rd65: “50 Tb... wow... how do you connect these Disks? Do you own a SAS Storage Array Expander Rack? ” Pretty easy with a motherboard with 10 sata ports and 8TB hard drives. The LSI 9211-8i clones (IBM M1015, Dell Perc H700, etc) make it very easy to add 8 or 16 more sata drives. I had 32 drives (all 1 and 2 TB drives back then) on a system at one time with no expanders. ” I think many consumer ATX has 8 Sata ports. The only thing to pay attention for is for th…

• Can't access to my NAS if NordVPN is up

Blabla - - General

Forgot to write here the solution. I contacted the nordVPN support and the told me that you need to whitelist your LAN: Source Code (1 line)Hope it can be usefull for someone else

Blabla - - My NAS Build

The biggest advantages of Intel is that it support Hardware transcoding under linux with the integrated GPU. Plex only support AMD hardware transcoding on Windows. You still can buy a cheap nvidia card and use it for hardware transcoding. In that case I think AMD threadpripper/epic are just better than Intel in everything.

• Hi, I'm trying NordVPN on my NAS. I followed the official guid and it's working fine. The biggest issue is that I can't reach my NAS anymore from my LAN. I'm not sure why the ssh connection is still up, but I can't reach the webui of any of my services and even the ping is not working. Also I can ping my notebook from the NAS. How can I set up nord VPN so that my NAS use it as default connection, while it remain reacheble from my LAN?

• Docker trying to recreate folders

Blabla - - Docker

Solved. The symlink was broken and of course containers couldn't reach the correct folder

• Docker trying to recreate folders

Blabla - - Docker

Hi everyone, I changed one of my old HDD. Before that I copyed everything from my old HDD to the new one using Rsync. After switching the hdd, I updated every container to point to the right folder in the HDD, everything worked fine until I had to reboot. After the reboot every container died and if I try to start it I recieve this error: Source Code (17 lines)I tried to update the ACL and reboot, but I still recieve this error What am I missing? Did I forgot to do something?

• omv-extras plugins for OMV 5.x

Blabla - - General

Great news Everything I need has been ported openmediavault-autoshutdown - plugin (PORTED) openmediavault-symlinks - plugin (PORTED) openmediavault-wakealarm - plugin (PORTED) They are basically all I need since for everything else I use docker.

• Multiple HDDs USB bay?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Hi everyone, I was looking foran HDD enclosure and I dound this one. It connect to the computer throught USB. There are many similar product: - TerraMaster D5-300C USB3.0 - ORICO USB 3.0 - FANTEC QB-35US3-6G(this has esata too) Do you think that they are a good solution if you use them with an Intel NUC or an ARM board for a small and silent nas?

• Error during smart short-self test

Blabla - - General

Hi everyone, I'm recieving this error when OMV try to scan the HDD for smart error: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device I think that the HDD that is giving me the error is this one: /dev/sde /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD40EFRX-68W SN: WD-WCC4E3CDR366 How can I be sure that is this one that give me that error? If I try to run the same test manually I recieve no error I tried on all the other HDDs and if I un the short self test manually everything seems working fine.

• video request

Blabla - - General

Hi! As always your videos are great! I would ask for a request: since NordVPN is so popular nowdays could you make a video to set it up? They already have a cli-only guide: support.nordvpn.com/Connectivi…-using-Linux-Terminal.htm but since OMV has a openVPN client plug-in I think it would be better to use it. I also found this docker: hub.docker.com/r/bubuntux/nordvpn So my request is: could you try to make a new video where you setup to nordVPN with the openVPN plugin? Or at least with the nord…

• Improve the OMV Documentation

Blabla - - General

Hi everyone, I wanted to improve the OMV documentation so that it could help new users. I wanted to use my experience, guides and issue ticket as sources. Of course I'll always link the source and give credits to everyone. How can I do that? I think that I would need special permission since on githuib I can only fork it. Otherwise I ca create some word file to share via cloud or send in some other way to anyone that can edit the documentation

• Deluge on OMV4

Blabla - - Plugins

Quote from saimer: “Quote from dalepmay: “What I did to get Deluge working with OMV4 was I installed deluge, deluged, and deluge-web using the terminal, use the deluge console to enable web connection, and set the daemon to run at startup. Now I can administer it using the web interface from another computer, just like before in OMV3. ” Can you please explain in detail as step by step instruction? For someone is not that familiar with linux? Thanks! ” If you're not familiar with linux I suggest …