Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• I cant install OMV Extras

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

The output from the install would be helpful. Also, what is the output of dpkg -l | grep openm

• OMV 5 new behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

From what I can tell on my test VM, this is a behavior of systemd-networkd. A new mac address isn't stored anywhere in OMV-controlled config files.

• OMV4 or OMV5

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from draddy: “ut omv5 is "beta" how far away from stable? ” I consider it at the release candidate stage. Quote from draddy: “'m right with omv5 will just go "final" from the beta without reinstall when final is released? ” Yes I would use OMV5. You will just need to move some of your needs to docker.

• OMV5 Environment Variables

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from macom: “Seems the GOVERNOR variable is being ignored ” Nope. Just not a perfect grep on my part. /srv/salt/omv/deploy/cpufrequtils/files/cpufrequtils.j2 has this line in it: GOVERNOR="{{ governor }}"

• You really want to encode video on an RPi? github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake/issues/48 If you don't want to wait, you could create a simple dockerfile based of debian buster that just installs handbrake from the debian repos.

• Nanopi crashes on file transfers

ryecoaaron - - General

It is possible it is a kernel issue. I don't have a v2 but my v1 has been ultra stable. Maybe try the 4.4 kernel instead of the 5.4 kernel?

• Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful. apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated.

• Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full ” The plugins aren't filling your OS drive. What you do with the plugins might but most that would fill the drive can be changed. My dev VM has a lot of plugins installed and is only using 2.5GB. If you are using docker, you should change the path to a data drive.

• Nanopi crashes on file transfers

ryecoaaron - - General

Which Nano Pi? How did you install OMV? What image did you use?

• They are sorted by rownum until you click the sort column. I think the column should have it sortable flag turned off. If you want the sorting backing, just Reset the UI like I mentioned earlier.

• I guess I should've look at the source. The apt logs don't have a time date column - github.com/openmediavault/open…tic/log/plugin/Apt.js#L71

• OMV 5 new behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

I'll have to install a fresh VM to see if I can test this on a VM.

• While I don't understand why the network adapter would make a difference, maybe @trapexit has an idea?

• Quote from Joe Chip: “Are You using Rasberry installation, or intel based? maybe those problems are related to raspi build and not caused by any plugins? ” The plugin doesn't know/care what system it is running on.

• Debian RAID fault after restart?

ryecoaaron - - General

mdadm raid should never be run on usb drives either. There is nothing redundant or available about an RPi. Why would you need your drives to be redundant? raid isn't a backup.

• Did you try the Reset UI to Defaults in the top right dropdown and clear your browser cache?

• Quote from smiler: “soething seems to be wrong with the implementation of borg backup on omv5? ” No need to post in the forum and github at the same time. I posted on the issue. I definitely think this is a problem with your system since it is working fine on mine.

• OMV 5 new behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quick look at the code, looks like it should be using the mac address of the primary adapter. Not sure why it isn’t. I don’t see anywhere that would generate a mac address.

• Delete of (old) Plexmediaserver repo

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from cavalon: “actually, there are no network problems of my system that I'm aware of. The error above is thrown in the process of disabling / deleting the Plexserver repo - no errors elsewhere... ” As mentioned previously, your system can't contact the ubuntu key server. I doubt the key server was down. So, something on your network wasn't allowing the traffic out. Quote from cavalon: “any other way to get rid of the plex repo? ” delete it from the omvextras file in /etc/apt/sources.list.…

• Debian RAID fault after restart?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from hemertje: “Is there stil the fault in Debian with Openmediavault software, that causes that your RAID is lost after reboot? ” This has never been the fault of OMV and I really don't blame Debian either. I have used raid for years and never had an array not assemble on boot. I think this happens when the arrays are built from/on equipment that not up to the task and/or used in a way never intended for raid.