Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “I`m sorry for that mass of work which I brought to you. Thanks for your time and help. ” That's OK, at least I finally found the issue it's a pity it wasn't a simple do this do that and it's all singing and dancing again.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “So would it be better/ easier to create a new system? ” Yes, I can't and no one else could resolve this, I'm actually amazed the system has been working at least the raid side of it. If you are running OMV3 then do a clean install of OMV4, you could try OMV5 but this would be a greater learning curve but in my opinion worth the effort. Take screenshots of your shares and any settings, backup your data, do a clean install (no data drives connected) make sure it's fully up to date…

geaves - - RAID

Ok are you sitting comfortably In English: It's f*cked In German (according to deepl.com) Es ist beschissen. Why; This is from wipefs output; LABEL: homeSAVE UUID: 2f22f941-e6a7-424e-8ce2-da43bc4a56e3 This is from mdadm detail; Name : openmediavault:raid5home UUID : 69bd812a:cd81f419:8a590c2f:87234e77 This from fstab; /dev/disk/by-label/homeSAVE /srv/dev-disk-by-label-homeSAVE ext4 This is from blkid from your first post; / dev / md127: LABEL =" homeSAV9e22U-8U-8E-2 "U2 da43bc4a56e3 "TYPE =" ext…

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “No, it is not diplayed as you can see on the 2. picture in post 47 ” To be honest, I don't know, this has been done so many times here from the GUI and from the command line and it simply works this is first time I have come across a raid that will not stop. Ok because I have 4 monitors, I've been going back over some of the outputs and something has just hit me, (I think 'the penny has just dropped') Post the output of wipefs -n /dev/md127 and mdadm --detail /dev/md127 and cat …

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “I mounted the disk was this correct? ” No, there is no need to mount the disk, selecting the raid then recover on the raid menu should display that disk to be added to the array. What's the output of wipefs -n /dev/sdd and the same for wipefs -n /dev/md127

• Again : bad disk, changed, no raid anymore

geaves - - RAID

Quote from hubertes: “Yep, ” if you had removed the drive from the array, then removed it from the machine, then installed the new drive, prepped it then added it to the array it would have been fine. I'm assuming you need to add /dev/sda, the blkid output finds [bdefg] as raid members

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “there is needed a cook now ” you as well

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “I just have made a Backup. ” Well there are 2 options, because at present I can't find why the raid will not stop; 1. From Storage -> Disks wipe /dev/sdd, then File Systems and format that drive the same as the raid which is ext4, then try the recovery option again. 2. Remove all SMB shares, then remove all shared folders, remove one of the drives from the array, then the array can be deleted, wipe the drives recreate the array and your shared folders then your smb shares. Then …

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “no.. ” Worth a try, which is odd considering the drive shows up in blkid. Can you backup what's on that raid, or do you have a backup?

geaves - - RAID

Well that's a start, and it tells us that a drive has been removed, which must be /dev/sdd So back to the GUI, leave Putty alone, Raid Management click recover on the menu bar, does a dialog come up? and does it display /dev/sdd?

geaves - - RAID

what's the output of mdadm --detail /dev/md127

geaves - - RAID

This still doesn't help as to why the array will not stop.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “I can also put the commands in on the omv line, if nessessary. ” Do everything via putty from your windows pc leave omv alone that's the idea of using putty.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “could for this be the problem that Putty is running ? ” Putty should be on the remote machine, how are you running these commands are you using ssh via putt from another machine or are you typing directly on omv via it's own command line?

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “mdadm: No devices given. ” That makes no sense Lets try another way round mdadm --stop /dev/md127 -- force

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “it seems as it happen nothing... ” That would suggest there are no open files on the array which makes no sense. Let's see if it will force a stop mdadm --stop --force /dev/md127 if that errors again then look at the output of this ps aux the list will be long but you are looking for something that is accessing the raid or a reference to Plex

• Quote from Edvin-89: “Thought it would be a more time consuming process than it was, almost a little disappointed that it went so fast ” Ok because it seems to be omv raid error week where are we up to?

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “The link I had posted shows Diagnostik > Processes (doesn`t is?) ” No, your image is the gui of the running services, tells us nothing

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Gst: “No such file or directory ” you missed the / before dev that's why it failed look at what I typed

• RAID 5 not available 2 of 3 HDDs missing

geaves - - RAID

Quote from mafi: “Does 'resync=PENDING' mean that the resync is now running in the background, or do I have to do something else to start the resync? ” I could say it's going into nuclear melt down but that's me being sarcastic Do me one favour when you execute a command and you want to post the output use the spoiler option on the menu bar (second from right) paste each command output in a new spoiler window, it makes it easier to read But to answer to your question, no, it's doing nothing beca…