Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

• Ever since I started using ZFS for my file system I keep getting these errors. File copy operations stop and need to be restarted. I have tried messing with all kinds of parameters on the ZFS side and even messing using the following in the parameters for Samba. If I don't have any samba parameters I get more crashes. Any help out there? SAMBA Parameters Source Code (10 lines) SAMBA Error Email: Source Code (6 lines)

• SFTP Plugin and ZFS

takiyon - - Plugins

So i finally was able to install the SFTP server in a docker container. Atmoz/sftp seemed like it works well.

• SFTP Plugin and ZFS

takiyon - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from takiyon: “updating them was a PITA in the past. ” Look up watchtower Quote from takiyon: “Also which docker image do you use for SFTP? I don't see it in the list. ” I haven't switched. What list are you looking at? I see no shortage of images here - hub.docker.com/search?q=sftp&type=image ” I am just using the docker images repo tab in the OMV ui.

• SFTP Plugin and ZFS

takiyon - - Plugins

Also which docker image do you use for SFTP? I don't see it in the list.

• SFTP Plugin and ZFS

takiyon - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from takiyon: “How would I know if SFTP is cleaning up during system shutdown? ” The plugin creates bind mounts in /etc/fstab. systemd *should* do the right thing. Quote from takiyon: “I don't want to start complicating things by using docker containers. ” How does that complicate things? You create an sftp docker on a port with one folder shared with the container. It achieves the separation very well. I use sftp and will probably switch to docker soon. ” You are c…

• SFTP Plugin and ZFS

takiyon - - Plugins

if SFTP binds mounts then that makes sense. Here is what happens... Source Code (10 lines) I broke up everything into different datasets when I see the root file system this is what I see... Source Code (11 lines)As you can see StorPoolMmbr01 is the mount point of my ZFS pool. These are the folders under StorPoolMmbr01. Source Code (7 lines)The problem is that when the machine is restarted the folders underneath UserDataFS and MediaCollectionFS are never empty on startup. When ZFS tries to mount…

• SFTP Plugin and ZFS

takiyon - - Plugins

So I have been banging my head on this for a while. Basically I have moved my entire 20TB ext4 pool to a backup server and then started the process of moving everything into a new 20TB ZFS Pool. Crazy thing is that after hours and hours of trying to figure out why 2 of my ZFS datasets disappear I uninstalled SFTP. Once I restarted the ZFS unmounted and mounted as normal. Apparently SFTP does something using tmpfs and it conflicts with the mounts that ZFS uses. Aside from just uninstalling the SF…

• urbackup update is available

takiyon - - Plugins

I did not realize. I thought because it was a plugin based install that it did not automatically update itself. If that is the case I will stick to the urbackup plugin. My apologies. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from takiyon: “due to the omv plugin not being updated very frequently. ” The plugin doesn't need to be updated. The urbackup package itself *could* be updated more frequently. Are you running into problems not having the the bleeding edge version? You will have the same problem running…

• urbackup update is available

takiyon - - Plugins

Please share how you updated. The latest version is 2.2.11 and I am hoping to consolidate my separate backup server to my ESXI machine. I may choose a straight debian install with urbackup due to the omv plugin not being updated very frequently. Quote from omavoss: “@ryecoaaron: Hey, I updated today in the evening my OMV machine with the new urbackup server, all successfully runs! Many thanks and best regards! ”

• MySQL Plugin not correctly working

takiyon - - Plugins

Has anyone figured this out yet? I keep getting these emails. Source Code (5 lines)

• UPS plugin Help/Feature Request

takiyon - - Plugins

Is there a way in the UPS plugin to run a bash script when the server is running on battery power? I would like to send commands to other vms to shutdown. Is this feature in the works for the next version of the plugin?

• I know this is an old thread but if anyone is using VMware ESXI you can make a shutdownscript like "vmhostshutdown.sh" save it in /root/ and change /etc/nut/upsmon.conf. in upsmon.conf change NOTIFYCMD /root/vmhostshutdown.sh. Maybe this helps someone out there. this thread + this guide ---> OMV on top of ESXI ups shutdown helped quite a bit for me.

• As much as I want to upgrade I am wondering if there is any differences in versions. I installed OMV 4 on a virtual machine and it looks and feels the same. It kinda feels like the same OMV system just on top of a new Debian refresh. My question, is there any compelling reason to upgrade to OMV 4 right now? Side note we need to have a theme selector the new UI is such a pain and constantly cuts off text. Please bring back the old UI or have it user selectable.

• RE:

takiyon - - My NAS Build

Quote from macom: “Quote from takiyon: “since UrBackup does not do Single instance Storage ” UrBackup is using hardlinks with dedublication. Isn't that single instance storage?” Yes, for file backups that's fine but for disk images us backup does not deduplicate. ZFS does block level deduplication so that two full backups of disk images are not eating up double the space. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• So I finally bit the bullet and started using UrBackup. Finally dumped WHS2011 as a backup solution. However, since UrBackup does not do Single instance Storage I decided to run a separate box for just UrBackup on top of ZFS. Its running OMV 3 with UrBackup, and ZFS, data DeDuplication and compression turned on so as to mimic WHS2011 using less space for client images. So far working Have not tried to do a restore yet. Hopefully this weekend. Thank you all for your suggestions and your help.

• My HP ML350 G6

takiyon - - My NAS Build

Quote from GiuseppeChillemi: “Is your tuner(s) finally working ? ” unfortunately I cut my cable and I dont get any over the air tv in my town so I decided to just turn the PVR Server off. Still saving money though $$$ $$$

• Virtualbox 5.1.8 and kernel 4.9 error

takiyon - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from takiyon: “Can this be fixed??? Or does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it??? ” Submit a bug report to the phpvirtualbox developer - sourceforge.net/projects/phpvirtualbox/ Until you hear something from him, I would just keep the line commented out. It is just for display purposes anyway. ” Done. phpVirtualBox Bug # 64 Thanks.

• Virtualbox 5.1.8 and kernel 4.9 error

takiyon - - Plugins

So I installed the latest version but there is a problem with phpvirtualbox. When I login I get a SOAP error *see below* Source Code (166 lines)Problem is I don't know what to do with it. I was a software dev for year but not for php or anything that looks like C++. However, my CPU is an Intel Xenon E5620 and my backup server is an AMD Opeteron 1354. On my Intel box It looks like the code it bombing while trying to get the description of my CPU so I commented out line 4880 in vboxServiceWrappers…

• Blu-Ray Disc Off-Site Backup

takiyon - - General

So, In my last server which was WHS-2011 I used my Blu-Ray recorder to backup my most important data in addition to a hard drive. Does anyone out there recommend a solution for doing this with OMV? I thought about using the VM that runs my WHS2011 client backup, but I am trying to get away from windows. I would rather not use that VM for anything else except the client backup of all my machines. Even if I could make another VM, would the drive be able to be use by VirtualBox as a recordable driv…

• Automated System Drive Backup Script

takiyon - - General

So I modified and ran the script as and I wonder if there is a way to shrink the file size. Unfortunately my SSD is 60GB and the dd command will just make a 60GB image to my backup drive. After some googling I found the conv=sparse parameter which I tried and it did not help 58GB is what I got. Looks like its back to clonezilla again...