Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• You need to make the changes to your network/dns setup to get hostname -f working. Once you do that, it should work.

• OMV Extras Install

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Seems to be a salt cache issue but I'm not sure how to get to that state or how to prevent it. I will try a few more things. I would consider OMV 5 to be in the release candidate stage.

• VMWare and iSCSI

ryecoaaron - - General

I wanted to wait to add more notes on the plugin until I knew it was working as expected. Seems like it is. So, I will add some notes and try to make it a little easier to use.

• I guess if you know it is a bug, file an issue on github. For anything else, posting on the forum is fine. More people see it on the forum. I should see it either way. Glad it is working now.

• Using NFS mount points as shared points

ryecoaaron - - NFS

You need to use the remotemounts plugin. OMV can't use any mountpoint that it didn't mount.

• OMV Extras Install

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from MadX_ZA: “Right now I am at a loss ” Me too. i can't replicate it. Try: apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg then try the script again.

• Quote from Speddero: “And since this script was likely crafted by the omv folks when developing the upgrade script, ” codecs.py is a python-maintained script not OMV.

• Quote from PVasileff: “are you planning porting openmediavault-transmissionbt plugin for OMV5 from OMV4 ? ” Nope. Quote from PVasileff: “people who do not want to use docker only to use tranmissionbt ” If you can come up with a good reason that docker is bad other than inexperience, I will consider it. But I am quite sure a good reason doesn't exist. Quote from PVasileff: “I think - the plugin change only settings in .json file (I am not sure) and if that is true - please port it into OMV5 plugi…

• I cant install OMV Extras

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

What is the output of: sudo omv-salt deploy run omvextras

• VMWare and iSCSI

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from jl524: “Is the target "backing store", the "name" in the shared folders? ” The backing store is a block device. So, that could be a partition without a filesystem, an image file, or the most popular option (in my opinion) is an LVM logical volume. Quote from ness1602: “I guess this works with ZFS? ” It should since zfs can provide a block device (zfs volume). Quote from ness1602: “can you give a simple how-to for this? ” Sure. 1. Wipe a disk in the Physical Disks tab 2. Install the LV…

• I cant install OMV Extras

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

The output from the install would be helpful. Also, what is the output of dpkg -l | grep openm

• OMV 5 new behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

From what I can tell on my test VM, this is a behavior of systemd-networkd. A new mac address isn't stored anywhere in OMV-controlled config files.

• OMV4 or OMV5

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from draddy: “ut omv5 is "beta" how far away from stable? ” I consider it at the release candidate stage. Quote from draddy: “'m right with omv5 will just go "final" from the beta without reinstall when final is released? ” Yes I would use OMV5. You will just need to move some of your needs to docker.

• OMV5 Environment Variables

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from macom: “Seems the GOVERNOR variable is being ignored ” Nope. Just not a perfect grep on my part. /srv/salt/omv/deploy/cpufrequtils/files/cpufrequtils.j2 has this line in it: GOVERNOR="{{ governor }}"

• You really want to encode video on an RPi? github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake/issues/48 If you don't want to wait, you could create a simple dockerfile based of debian buster that just installs handbrake from the debian repos.

• Nanopi crashes on file transfers

ryecoaaron - - General

It is possible it is a kernel issue. I don't have a v2 but my v1 has been ultra stable. Maybe try the 4.4 kernel instead of the 5.4 kernel?

• Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful. apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated.

• Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full ” The plugins aren't filling your OS drive. What you do with the plugins might but most that would fill the drive can be changed. My dev VM has a lot of plugins installed and is only using 2.5GB. If you are using docker, you should change the path to a data drive.

• Nanopi crashes on file transfers

ryecoaaron - - General

Which Nano Pi? How did you install OMV? What image did you use?

• They are sorted by rownum until you click the sort column. I think the column should have it sortable flag turned off. If you want the sorting backing, just Reset the UI like I mentioned earlier.