Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 131.

• Can't save network settings?

TheLostSwede - - Network

Well, I just updated the driver, still can't add the card in the UI, nor make any changes through omv-firstaid... Same error message. The reason I upgraded the firmware is because Aquantia has had some issues with past firmwares and although things have worked, I've had issues with fairly high latency on these cards compared to normal Gigabit. Admittedly it doesn't really affect transfer between the NAS and my PC, but at the same time, I have a habit of keeping my firmwares up to date, regardles…

TheLostSwede - - Network

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from TheLostSwede: “Well, I'm at a total loss, but I can't change any settings, which is annoying, as I wanted to change the MTU size, but as it's not possible to save any changes, or even add the specific interface in the UI... ” File an issue on github. Until then, you can manually edit /etc/network/interfaces ” You know, these are things "normal" people simply don't do. I'm not a software developer. I just expect this stuff to work...

TheLostSwede - - Network

Well, I'm at a total loss, but I can't change any settings, which is annoying, as I wanted to change the MTU size, but as it's not possible to save any changes, or even add the specific interface in the UI...

TheLostSwede - - Network

Nothing change, the UI kind of hangs and tells me I need to save the settings, but it can't be saved, so I have to revert the settings. OMV-firstaid comes out with the same "Failed to execute command" error. enp1s0 is the Aquantia card. Source Code (20 lines)

TheLostSwede - - Network

I updated the firmware on my Aquantia card today and after that, I can't configure the card in OMV. OMV-firstaid doesn't work either and I get the same error message there. Everything seems to be working fine still, so not sure what's going on. The card is not in the list of network interfaces in the OMV UI though. Any suggestions as to what have gone wrong and how to possibly solve it? Source Code (20 lines)

• Quote from ColdShoulderMedia: “Quote from TheLostSwede: “Just make sure the board+CPU combo supports ECC. Even though AMD Ryzen supports ECC, it doesn't mean the motherboard makers have implemented support in the UEFI for it. It wold seem you're ok with that combo though. AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ 1st Generation Processors 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz ECC and non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory You're also going to want to sticks of RAM for optimal performance and idea…

• Just make sure the board+CPU combo supports ECC. Even though AMD Ryzen supports ECC, it doesn't mean the motherboard makers have implemented support in the UEFI for it. It wold seem you're ok with that combo though. AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ 1st Generation Processors 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz ECC and non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory You're also going to want to sticks of RAM for optimal performance and ideally a bit faster RAM as well.

• Except none of that works. I wouldn't be here asking for help if that worked.

• Quote from gderf: “There is nothing in SnapRAID that can prevent access to your data. If you can't access the data on your remaining data drives, then something else went wrong. You should also remove the failed drive from your UnionFS pool. Don't run ANY SnapRaid commands until you are positioned to recover the lost drive or are able to reconfigure it properly per the manual and FAQ. ” Again, the manual as is as helpful as not at all. The drive has already been removed, both from SnapRAID, Unio…

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from TheLostSwede: “And if you don't have a new drive? I need to RMA my drive. I only have these two drives to copy the data to, as the fourth drive is the parity drive. I need access to my data while I RMA my drive, otherwise running any kind of silly crap like this is pointless. It's supposed to protect my data, no? Not make it inaccessible. And how do I do that from the OMV GUI? The config file is all greyed out... ” You don't have an adequate understanding of SnapRAI…

• Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from TheLostSwede: “I haven't lost any data, as I copied it over from the failing primary drive to the secondary (empty) drive, in the SnapRAID, but apparently SnapRAID doesn't want to play along with that, even though that seems to be what their instructions tells you to do in case of a drive failure. As such, all the data is there, but because I can't remove the failed drive somehow, I can't sync and make SnapRAID understand that the data is there. There are also z…

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from TheLostSwede: “There are also zero instruction on how to remove a drive from SnapRAID, only how to replace one. ” Not correct. See: snapraid.it/faq#remdatadisk ” If only that worked. See first post. The instructions on how to change the config file is also missing, which is kind of a critical part. Just deleting the drive details doesn't work...

• I haven't lost any data, as I copied it over from the failing primary drive to the secondary (empty) drive, in the SnapRAID, but apparently SnapRAID doesn't want to play along with that, even though that seems to be what their instructions tells you to do in case of a drive failure. As such, all the data is there, but because I can't remove the failed drive somehow, I can't sync and make SnapRAID understand that the data is there. There are also zero instruction on how to remove a drive from Sna…

• So, it turns out one of my drives are failing and I need to send it for RMA. My problem is that after having removed the drive from the system, having first copied all the data to a different drive in the SnapRAID, 1. SnapRAID is refusing to behave 2. even though I deleted the drive in the OMV GUI, SnapRAID says the drive is missing and I can't sync which leads to 3. my data is inaccessible, despite being on the drives. I removed the hard drive both in the SnapRAID UI and unders Disks. So what a…

• This helps me how?

• Ok, I'm once again having some really odd issues. SnapRAID is telling me to fix some issue by running snapraid -e fix, which comes up with an input/output error. I try to delete the file in question, as it's only one file, which locks the drive and puts it a read-only file system mode. WTAF is going on here? Using the commands here OMV is suddenly read only unlocks the drive again, but I can't fix the problem, as it goes in a loop like this.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “4.19 backports kernel? ” Yes

• Well, one of the drives has a SMART flag for some bad sectors, which is odd, as the drives are all fairly new. No other issues with the hardware. I keep getting hit with various issues that prevents me from writing data to the drives though. It seems after the Kernel update, I got hit by the user permission issue again, reset user permissions and it mostly works. Also had issues with Dockers not being given write access to the drives, but restarting the docker seems to have solved that.

• Kernel update today, rebooted and system goes into read only mode. I still need some help in solving this, as I have no idea what's going on. Even running the command I found in the other thread doesn't seem to solve the problem now. Desperately need to know what's going on and how to solve it.

• My OVM box has been running rock solid for months now, but this is the second time I'm having issues with shared folders after installing some updates. I can no longer write to my shared folder and Windows is telling me I don't have the correct user privileges. Yet this has worked fine until today, except a small hitch a month or two ago. I've tried resetting the permissions at no avail. I can't upload files to the shared folders using FTP as root either (yes, root login is enabled). The weird t…