Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 418.

• Boinc on your home server?

TechnoDadLife - - Off-Topic

Quote from macom: “Quote from BTech: “translating "raw" Docker config into OMV Docker ” No need to translate. You can also run the commands from CLI. You can also use docker-compose.The container will be visible afterwards in the Docker-gui plugin. ” For me the docker compose fails or get stuck at .. 22-Jan-2020 21:54:19 [---] Setting up GUI RPC socket dir_open: Could not open directory 'slots' from '/var/lib/boinc'. Any luck getting past this? Here is my compose file: Source Code (14 lines)

• I was wondering what are poeple who use OMV called? Virtuals?

• youtu.be/IdGtuJwouJc Dockstarter auto-magically installs dockers with some effort.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ozboss: “Reinstalling the plugin on the main server gives the same error. I don't know what it means, is it a clue for something? ” I wouldn't count on the plugin doing everything correctly. That is why it is in the beta repo. I recommend trying to get wireguard working manually first and then see what the plugin is doing wrong. I will fix the plugin then. ” I haven't looked at the plugin yet, but I found this and though it might be helpful in plugin developmen…

• Looking for people who...

TechnoDadLife - - General

I'll let you know when they come in. It is random. Sometimes three people in one day. Then maybe two weeks of nothing. I'll let you know.

• Zfs caching

TechnoDadLife - - RAID

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on ZFS, but is it possible to do disk caching or ram caching on ZFS on OMV? Thanks

If you want to be included just tell me. I am not interested in doing it. I'll refer back to this list as needed. Actually, maybe everyone should list the languages that they are proficient in too.

I have people who contact me occasionally asking for personal help by trouble shooting their system remotely and want to pay me for it. I don't have the time for this. Is there anybody in the community who wants to provide support for people who don't want to hit the forums? Thanks. PS I think this is an ok topic, but just let me know if I can't ask this.

• Convert Videos with Nextcloud

youtu.be/NvNkjuj3Ags Now you have Nextcloud installed, what can you do with it? Convert your videos inside of Nextcloud easily and quickly.

• You need to put in the direct path, like I show in the video.

• Different networks.

• This is where we can ask any questions about the Nextcloud docker video. If you haven't seen the video. It is here : Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• youtu.be/T_2csDJFa2k For questions, head here. Make sure server is on. Download PuTTy putty.org/ Install Putty Find mount points for disks lsblk Make a Directory mkdir /srv/dev-disk-by-label-32gb/appdata/ncdata List your directories ls /srv/dev-disk-by-label-32gb/appdata/ Change noexec OMV5 with omv-mkconf missing, OMV_FSTAB_MNTOPS_EXT4 variable deprecated... how can one modify fstab the "clean" way? nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml F6 Search for <mntent> Remove the noexec omv-salt deploy run…

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from jump: “Then make a new docker and bind to those folders it writes to them but does not use them in the webgui. ” I read this thread when you first posted but I couldn't make sense of the above, I'm assuming the webgui you refer too is the downloader gui. Whilst @TechnoDadLife video tutorials use the option /sharedfolders/ you should in fact use /srv/dev-disk-by-label etc, this is the Absolute Path and it's this that should be used within Portainers volumes section.…

• Portainer changes coming

I thought I’d give everyone a heads up. Portainer is changing. 1. portainer.io/2019/11/docker-ne…ntinued-portainer-vision/

• youtu.be/CzMSuRyfMS0 Today, we'll install Plex using Portainer.

• Can't create shared folder

Quote from sokraski: “To answer myself and help anyone else, votdev has the correct answer... Quote from votdev: “You are surely using '/sharedfolders/xxx' in a plugin, e.g. Docker. This is not allowed because it results in the problems you now have. The '/sharedfolders' shortcuts were only implemented to make navigation on CLI easier. Using them for example in Docker means that Docker locks the dirs and systemd fails when OMV tells it to reload them. ” So, change plugins to use eg. /srv/dev-dis…

• Thanks that worked. It also caused my ip address to change too. Just took a moment to realize what happened.

• One other strange thing. I can access my shares now, but if I reboot they disappear.

• That fixed it. Now I am having a SMB error. Brainfuck Source Code (343 lines)