Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• OMV4 to OVM5 upgrade issues

gderf - - Updates/Upgrades

This comes from the <fstab> section of my config.xml. It is for two drives only. I have ten drives altogether. Source Code (20 lines)

• OMV4 to OVM5 upgrade issues

gderf - - Updates/Upgrades

Your fstab is bizarre. OMV hasn't used /meda as a mount point since OMV 2, IIRC. This was changed to /srv. And UUIDs were replaced by disk labels in my install which started out as an OMV 2, then upgraded to OMV 3, then upgraded to OMV 4, then upgraded to OMV 5. These were all in place upgrades, not fresh installs. When upgrading to OMV 5, my /etc/resolv.conf file also vanished. I replaced it by hand and eventually it was replaced with a static link to /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf

• OMV 5.05 unable to FTP from LAN

gderf - - FTP

What username are you trying to log in with sftp?

• SnapRAID SMART HDD test = Reliable?

gderf - - Plugins

A 1 count in any of those five stats, for me, would trigger an order for a new disk.

• I see dozens of those messages in my bootlog: Source Code (1 line)Follwed by: Source Code (1 line)It seem to be harmless.

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from wepee: “Question is can I trust the data given by SnapRAID smart? Or the data given is over exaggerated comparing with the test made using CrystalDiskinfo. Did you try it on your system and see whether your 9 disks are currently in good health? Would you mind post a picture it on this thread showing your result? ” I trust the data given by SnapRAID SMART. If and when it detects a real problem with a disk, I expect it to properly report it. I don't understand the failure probability re…

gderf - - Plugins

I have no idea how these failure rate probabilities are calculated. But I have seen numbers similar to what you are seeing over the last five years. So far no drives have failed or had any problems that would indicate a potential failure. I just keep adding disks and keep going. I have 12 disks: 9 hard disks, two SSDs, and one USB stick connected to my OMV machine. I have room for five more disks in the DAS box connected to the OMV box.

• change system drive from SSD to USB?

gderf - - General

Quote from ontorugs: “Another question though. Should I install the flash memory plug in? I usually see this mentioned in relation to USB installations, but since SSD is flash memory, does it apply as well? ” Yes, install the flash memory plugin.

• Plugin: openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.3-1 All disks attached to my new LSI 9200-8e SAS Controller in IT mode have no graphs available (frown faced) in Disk I/O. Refreshing the graphs and using OMF First Aid to to check the RRD Databases doesn't fix it. Edit: I purged and reinstalled the plugin. AOK now.

• Quote from wepee: “@thedarkness thank you for following this thread, and updated the script. As of now, the more I read about the comments/descriptions denoted by "#" the txt file of: snapraid script - dual parity.txt the more silly question that I have in mind. I decided to save it for another day. When I am more a pro in writing bash scripts then I may understanding better. Bottom line is, I simply not confident in running the script unless I get a FULL understanding it works. What is the pitf…

• Quote from wepee: “I think the source of the script is within the txt file:# Inspired by Zack Reed ” Nope.

• Quote from thedarkness: “@wepee Try the script I have attached, should be working with your setup. ” You should also post the source of the script. Please provide the URL.

• He is running two parity disks. How do I know this? Two ways. He posted his disk configuration. And the current OMV SnapRAID plugin does not support split parity, and he didn't mention configuring it by hand which would be required for split parity. I already posted one of the available proper scripts for standard implementations. Google for more. The larger problem with things like this is that many just don't understand what it does and more importantly its limitations. And of course very, ver…

• Quote from rtibby: “A little bit off topic guys , but can you advise me about what/how to install a VPN through Portainer ? It is what is missing for the moment on My OMV server ... and some users ( ) suggested me I should get one .... ” Look in the Guides section of the Forum. Please start a new thread next time.

• Can't delete an image

gderf - - Docker

Try removing it inthe shell.

• Quote from KM0201: “I've always liked clean installs.. ” It would be too much work for me to do what it would take to get all the extra stuff put back on.

• Well, it's got a ton of stuff on it too. Probably a lot of unneeded cruft as well. It started out as an OMV 2.x machine and has been upgraded to 3, 4, and now OMV v5

• I run OMV on a 16GB SSD. It's currently taking up 8.1GB.

• Makes me wonder where the files did get downloaded to - inside the container itself perhaps? Check the size of it on disk, restart it and check the size again. If the files did go there and they are not stored persistently they should vanish with a container restart.

• Quote from thedarkness: “Well... Because he has two parity drives, so I assumed he has this kind of config. ” Multiple parity drives and split parity drives are completely different things.