Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• My "story" with J5005-ITX

cabrio_leo - - My NAS Build

Quote from aoprea: “You tryit to boot from this adapter ? ” No, the system boots from the integrated (INTEL?) controller, as @jimmy_cr wrote. Quote from aoprea: “i want to put 4 hdd on motherboard 4 sata port (make software raid) and a ssd (with omv S.O.) on pci-express adapter to boot from this ” This should be possible, if the external PCIe SATA controller allows to boot from it.

• Network Shared folder

cabrio_leo - - Network

Quote from Knuddeman: “The qnap NAS are on the same network as my Openmediavault NAS but i is not wissible on my TV as the Qnap Nas is. ” Do you want to connect from the TV to the OMV NAS by a samba share? Then it could be that it supports only SMB1. This is deactivated by default in OMV for security reasons. But it can be enabled again. At the moment I am not aware of the right commands. If this is your problem please use the forum search. The more likely reason could be that the TV behaves lik…

• Access share from work laptop

cabrio_leo - - Network

Quote from ozboss: “my own work laptop doesn't seem to be part of any workgroup so that is probably the reason why it doesn't show up and I won't mess with that as I'm not using it private. ” Quote from ozboss: “but when I try to login to the OMV server it always puts the domain in front of the username. ” Sorry, but I have never seen before, that a domain name must be given within a private network. Normally there is no domain controller. Maybe I didn´t get it: Do you try to connect to an OMV S…

cabrio_leo - - Network

@ozboss If you come to the conclusion that you are allowed to do what you intend to do, then you can try the following: I assume your laptop has a Windows OS. Login with your company credentials. It doesn´t matter if your company domain is in front of the user name. The login should work also without a connection to your company lan. Then connect to your OMV system share. Use the username and password of the OMV share, which may differ from your Windows logon. But that´s no problem. A problem ca…

cabrio_leo - - Network

This can have several reasons, e.g. different working group or wrong firewall setting in network profile (in Windows). For your work laptop your local network is a "public" network by default. You could try to change it to "private".

• Files Getting Corrupted Often

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from vinayakgoyal: “Here's the link for Git Issue I'd opened for ext4 Mounting : github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/534 ” Did you still have the problem with ext4? I ask this because votdev has closed the issue on 19 Dec, 2019.

• Omv Doesn't get IP anymore

cabrio_leo - - Network

Quote from Zio_Peppe: “if there are still any doubts on my reliability i ask to close or/and delete the topic. ” No, I think this absolutely not necessary. Maybe I don´t understand correctly what Adoby is talking about.

cabrio_leo - - Network

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Power off and on the switches could solve the problem (If you are allowed to do that). ” @Adoby This is my personal experience. Please hold back a little in the future if you want to comment on my posts.

cabrio_leo - - Network

Quote from Zio_Peppe: “same cable but different switch ” Power off and on the switches could solve the problem (If you are allowed to do that). Switches store the MAC address of the connected devices. If you put the device to another switch weird problems can happen. Maybe there are commands to renew this tables in the switch, which I do not know.

• First of all please answer this questions: Degraded or missing raid array questions

• Can't boot without installation USB

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from 4n0nym0u53: “Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? ” Solution here: Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!)

• UPSilon2000 installation

cabrio_leo - - General

Which version of OMV did you install? For UPS´s there is a plugin available: openmediavault-nut You can check here if your UPS is supported: NUT Hardware compatibility list If you can use the plugin it is not neccessary to install custom applikations. Regarding your problem with the application: Did you choose the right version for the underlying OMV OS - Debian? This depends which version of OMV you are using. As I know rc.local was used to start a job at system start in former times. But it is…

• RAID error message

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from balz333: “The question is, if a greater drive size is supported from mdadm ? ” Yes and No . Of course you can replace with a bigger drive, but the used size depends on the smallest one in the array. In your case only 5 of the 10GB is used. "Hybrid" arrays are not supported by mdadm.

• RAID error message

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from balz333: “Is the messages only cosmetic or the feature not supported from mdadm ? ” I would not say that this is only "cosmetic". Did you try to reboot? Then I would expect that you´ll get an degraded array. @geaves!?

• @ZeroGravitas23 Did you solve your problem?

• Zfs caching

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Yes, I read about that. But as far as I know, a dedicated device (e.g. SSD) is required.

• Zfs caching

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from raulfg3: “YES, is like cabrio_leo says, but in my experience, no noticeable speed is noticed on normal NAS home usage, only in intensive I/O and concurrency file access on productive office enviroments ” Yes, I agree with that. I think, the default settings are sufficient for home usage.

• Please look here at post #868: [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

• nut insatallation

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

You´re welcome

• Zfs caching

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Greetings @TechnoDadLife, I would say, this is done "out of the box" by ZFS. It´s the ARC cache: ZFS ARC on Linux, how to set and monitor on Linux? ZFS takes half of the RAM as default for the max. buffer size. There are two parameters where the amount of ram can be customized: zfs_arc_min and zfs_arc_max. The current settings can be checked here: /sys/module/zfs/parameter/zfs_arc_min and /sys/module/zfs/parameter/zfs_arc_max. The current RAM usage can be checked with CLI> arcstat. Please look h…