Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

• Remote Mount NFS Support in OMV 5?

seed - - NFS

Is there anyway to mount remote NFS shares on OMV 5?

• RAID Array Disappeared

seed - - RAID

So I was able to get the array back but with only 5 drives. mdadm says it's clean but that isnt true as it should be 6 drives in the array. This was a major blow up and almost catastrophic as I was moving drives from the NAS to the new OMV arrays, where my backups were! oof. Will save the data to another store and not try to add a new array with new disks on this setup until after it's offloaded to the NAS

• RAID Array Disappeared

seed - - RAID

Hello, I had a RAID 6 array with 6 drives sd[bcdefg] I added 3 drives and tried to create a new stripe to temporarily move the data too. When I tried to create a shared folder on the new striped array I got a huge error in the UI and everything took a crap. When I rebooted all raid volumes were gone, including the original good volume. The filesystems are "missing" For some reason md127 says it's now a raid0 array. Examining the disks they are all RAID6 except sdg is RAID5 now? I have no idea wh…

• Banned Account

seed - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I unbanned that account quite a while ago. ” thank you much for that and your input on the proxmox thread!

• Proxmox and OMV, Pool Lots of Resources?

seed - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I don't know. Do you? I don't use OMV or portainer for my docker stuff. ” Ha, I don't really, but I really want to keep using OMV because I love it so much, but part of me is thinking that if I use proxmox and portainer with swarm i wouldn't need OMV anymore?

seed - - General

Ok thank you for the input! I think what I'll do is put proxmox on all the nodes and: 1. Install an OMV VM 2. Install portainer 3. Create VMs on the other hosts with Ubuntu 18 LTS that takes all the resources 4. Run Swarm on all the VMs with one managed server in one of them 5. Setup portainer and remote agent on those VMs 6. Have main array local to the omv VM host 7. Profit? Hmmm. Do I really need OMV for this? What does OMV provide if I just go with portainer and manage nodes with proxmox and…

seed - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “But my containers are on a separate VM that is only containers. ” Hi, Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Running containers in a VM somewhat blows my mind sometimes. Also, what's the preferred way to deal with shared storage? Should I just have the array as a data volume that I mount over NFS to all the nodes or do I break apart the array and mount them locally to each node? My main need is really the media volume that Plex uses. How can I share this in a way that a…

seed - - General

Im doing a reorg of all my servers, cleaning some up, upgrading others and all that stuff and I'm looking for the best way to pool all of these resources for a refreshed lab. This is what I have. asrock rack AMD 12C/24T - 32GB RAM - 120GB SSD asrock rack XEON v3 12C/24T - 64GB - 120GB SSD hp microserver gen 8 2C - 10GB 120GB SSD hp microserver gen 8 4C/8T - 16GB - 120GB SSD asrock rack avoton 8C- 32GB - 120GB SSD (Will probably retire) asrock i5 3600 6C - 16GB - 120GB SSD (Current OMV 5 with ext…

• PlexMediaServer for OVM5?

seed - - Plugins

Im not sure what you mean by a version but I highly recommend using portainer and running a plex container from plexinc or linuxserver. If you haven't done this before it may seem daunting but it's really the only way to go. You'll be happy once you do it.

• OMV 4 to OMV 5

seed - - General

I just wanted to share that a migration I did from OMV 4 to OMV 5 went very well. I have an external array attached to a Xeon pc. I had an i5 CPU around so decided to build a mitx setup for testing. I installed OMV 5 from USB, launched the GUI, rebooted but attached the array this time. Remounted the volume and remapped the sharedfolders. I then added extras and setup portainer as i use this setup primarily to host all my media and run a few containers. Fired up updated versions of the container…

• Can't Start ubuntu:latest container

seed - - Plugins

I'm trying to fire up a vanilla ubuntu:latest, tried both xenial and bionic, and it doesn't start. There's no log either. it just says failed. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

• Transmission, OpenVPN, PIA, Docker

seed - - Network

Sure. You'll have to open the ports as well for the host interface to the docker container interface. Also, from my experience you have to run in privileged mode so openvpn can use the /dev/tun device

seed - - Network

This was solved by using bridged mode instead of host

seed - - Network

Hello, I am trying to use a docker container to run openvpn and transmission over PIA. This works almost perfectly except that when I start it, the host container is then using the PIA vpn route, so all containers are essentially. This isn't what I am trying to do. I'd like for just the container to do this and leave the host and other containers attached to my ISP ip. I am running host mode and this container: github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn Any tips?

• There is an issue with python version 2.7.13. So patching it with this fixed my apt-get update issue: https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/9cd7e17640a49635d1c1f8c2989578a8fc2c1de6 If you get an error similar to this: Source Code (4 lines)Then I was able to install core packages from base repos....

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “What kind of system? arm? ” 64bit Intel

• I am getting odd errors installing some plugins like shell in a box and nut: openmediavault-shellinabox : Depends: shellinabox (>= 2.18) but it is not installable And for nut, if I try and install the nut dependency that openmediavault-nut requires and complains about: sudo apt-get install nut Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Package nut is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has …

• OMV+PLEX+DOCKER - Looking for servers

seed - - General

So following this guide: support.plex.tv/articles/20405…ation-token-x-plex-token/ I added a new key:value for the xml file that had Source Code (1 line)and finally got the setup new server screen. I just installed a local version of plex on my computer, loaded some content then was abie to get info to get my token.

• They are both ext4

• OMV+PLEX+DOCKER - Looking for servers

seed - - General

Hello, I am migrating all my stuff into omv including my plex setup from some old synology devices. I have setup a container version of plex. The container starts fine and I can hit the web interface. Once I login however, plex can't find any servers. I am also not getting a PlexOnlineToken in my Preferences.xml. I have a config dir that has a Preferences.xml and then a media dir setup. That's about it. This is running in host mode. Any ideas? I am on the same subnet as well. I use VLANs heavily…