Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• The plugin only parses for one situation that is illegal with snapraid - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ned/rpc/snapraid.inc#L209 There may be others that the plugin accepts but aren't legal with snapraid.

• OMV 5 new behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

This is probably the expected behavior for systemd-networkd. Since OMV 4.x didn't use systemd-networkd, I'm not sure if it is a new default.

• ZFS Hardware requirements

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from HannesJo: “Don't you think ZFS may be some kind of overkill and I should better give SnapRAID (with EXT4 mdadm RAID5) a try? ” Personally, I would use a filesystem that you are comfortable with if things go badly. snapraid on mdadm would be weird unless you have a parity drive outside the array. I would think about whether you really need raid 5. snapraid with mergerfs to pool the drives is a very stable solution. Your availability is a little lower because you would have to restore t…

• Quote from asollie: “Right you are! A clean install with a shorter host name did the trick! ” You could have just changed the hostname in System -> Network -> General tab.

• Quote from asollie: “netbios name SHN-NAS-RASPBERRY-PI is not a valid netbios name ” Your hostname is too long.

• Why are you putting to * in the rule? /*/cache/ should work.

• ZFS Hardware requirements

ryecoaaron - - General

It would work fine as long as you don't enable deduplication. zfs will use ram as cache if available. Just remember that if you create a three drive raid z1 (equivalent of mdadm raid 5) pool, that you will have to add three more drives to expand it.

• Quote from macom: “Do you mean, making several changes via the GUI before clicking Apply? ” Yes. Then you just have one long apply instead of many long applies. I realize there are some cases where this is not possible but I don't have a better solution.

• OMV 5 uses saltstack for configuration management. It does many more things that older versions of OMV didn't do. On slower systems, this is going to be worse. Not much can be done to avoid this other than wait for all changes before clicking Apply.

• You need to make the changes to your network/dns setup to get hostname -f working. Once you do that, it should work.

• OMV Extras Install

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Seems to be a salt cache issue but I'm not sure how to get to that state or how to prevent it. I will try a few more things. I would consider OMV 5 to be in the release candidate stage.

• VMWare and iSCSI

ryecoaaron - - General

I wanted to wait to add more notes on the plugin until I knew it was working as expected. Seems like it is. So, I will add some notes and try to make it a little easier to use.

• I guess if you know it is a bug, file an issue on github. For anything else, posting on the forum is fine. More people see it on the forum. I should see it either way. Glad it is working now.

• Using NFS mount points as shared points

ryecoaaron - - NFS

You need to use the remotemounts plugin. OMV can't use any mountpoint that it didn't mount.

• OMV Extras Install

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from MadX_ZA: “Right now I am at a loss ” Me too. i can't replicate it. Try: apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg then try the script again.

• Quote from Speddero: “And since this script was likely crafted by the omv folks when developing the upgrade script, ” codecs.py is a python-maintained script not OMV.

• Quote from PVasileff: “are you planning porting openmediavault-transmissionbt plugin for OMV5 from OMV4 ? ” Nope. Quote from PVasileff: “people who do not want to use docker only to use tranmissionbt ” If you can come up with a good reason that docker is bad other than inexperience, I will consider it. But I am quite sure a good reason doesn't exist. Quote from PVasileff: “I think - the plugin change only settings in .json file (I am not sure) and if that is true - please port it into OMV5 plugi…

• I cant install OMV Extras

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

What is the output of: sudo omv-salt deploy run omvextras

• VMWare and iSCSI

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from jl524: “Is the target "backing store", the "name" in the shared folders? ” The backing store is a block device. So, that could be a partition without a filesystem, an image file, or the most popular option (in my opinion) is an LVM logical volume. Quote from ness1602: “I guess this works with ZFS? ” It should since zfs can provide a block device (zfs volume). Quote from ness1602: “can you give a simple how-to for this? ” Sure. 1. Wipe a disk in the Physical Disks tab 2. Install the LV…

• I cant install OMV Extras

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

The output from the install would be helpful. Also, what is the output of dpkg -l | grep openm