Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 85.

• Sounds interesting! The module looks good. How would I connect the module with the Fan?

• Great work! I am interested in your File transfer speed.

• Can not claim Plex server

wolf8auer - - Docker

This might be a long shot but have you tried to remove all "Authorized Devices"? (Settings > Authorized Devices) When I used Plex via OMV Docker Image, I frequently had some Claim server issues. It seem to help to remove the browser from Authorized Devices. Then I had to login again from that browser. If I remember correctly that seemed to work a couple of times.

• error at removing shared folders

wolf8auer - - General

First go to "Diensten (Services) > SMB/CIFS" Go to the tab "Shares" Delete the shared folder. (This will remove it from the SMB service.) Next: Go to "Gedeelde mappen (Shared Folders)" Select your shared folder. Click on "Toegangsrechten (Privileges)" button. Uncheck all checkmarks. Look at the column "Verwijderen (Referenced)". It should "Nee (NO)" Now you should be able to delete the shared folder.

• I have my hard drives in a FANTEC QB-X8US3 8x3,5" SATA HDD USB3.0 eSATA. Connected via USB to a Rock64. On the FANTEC I have SYNC mode on so that when the Rock64 is off, the device goes to sleep mode. In sleep mode the fans are off. I don't mind running the Rock64 all the time, but I don't want the fans to run when I don't need the drives. I am looking for some options... What I tested: * method * fans off? * cons * sudo poweroff the Rock64. * yes * starting the Rock64 when I need it takes some …

• OpenVPN Setup

wolf8auer - - General

Quote from Zwei: “Hi all, I've had my RaspberyPi running OMV4 for a while. Recenty the OpenVPN plugin got released, and I'd like to use it to access my NAS even when I'm not connected to my own network. I've managed to setup the OpenVPN plugin, however, I'm struggling with the right configuration. I have already check most of the tutorials and posts, but I can't figure it out. This is my first time setting up a VPN connection to my own network, so I'd appreciate the help as I can't seem to figur…

• Thank you! Yes you're right. Nextcloud

• I've installed the duckDNS docker container (with TechnoDads Video tutorial. So I guess I got the basic setup right). Of course I've set up a duckdns account with a subdomain. However TechnoDad doesn't cover how to access the OMV NAS from outside? https://[subdomain].duckdns.org doesn't work. Do I have to make DDNS settings to my router, port forwarding etc.?

• gelegentliche Hänger beim Booten

wolf8auer - - General

Schließe Monitor und Tastatur an deinen OMV Server an. Dadurch sah ich in meinem Fall die Meldung: [ 31.075696] FAT-fs Cmmcblk1p6): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck. Give root password for maintainance (or press control-D to continue) Du kannst dich dann auch einloggen und dir /etc/fstab ansehen. Bei mir war ein Eintrag in fstab der Probleme machte. Allerdings hatte das mit UnionFS plugin zu tun...

• Connect to your OMV server via SSH or FTP. Since I don't like opening text files with CLI editors like nano, I use an FTP client (Transmit (OSX)) that can open text files with my preferred Editor(s) (Brackets, Sublime Text). forum.openmediavault.org/index…62b772ea862a3e85562a912f0 1) Open the file /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Look at/serach for the tags <mntent> and <sharedfolder>. It looks like this: Source Code (28 lines) Do you see anything there (shared folders or disks) that is not in th…

• 2 of 10 hard drives very slow

wolf8auer - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “friendly reminder that 'USB storage sucks'™ ” XD!

wolf8auer - - General

the slow drive connected via SATA: Source Code (12 lines)

• Quote from KM0201: “recreate your shares, setup your services, etc. ” @sweetbb you might as well want to have a look at SnapRAID-plugin-User-Guide-setup-undelete-replace-disk-reconnect-shared-folders. There is a chapter for reconnecting shared folders.

wolf8auer - - General

The second disk shows even slower WRITE Source Code (3 lines)I have the Nanopi's SATA HAT but I have no external power supply at the moment. I might find some lying around somewhere.

wolf8auer - - General

connection is USB 3. iozone with a good disk: Source Code (12 lines) iozone with slow drive 1 (S/N WF3055FH): (that test took way more time than the first one with the good disk.) Source Code (12 lines)

wolf8auer - - General

My omv setup has 8 Hard Drives (7200 and 5400) with good transfer rates (+90 to +100 MB/s WRITE). (tested with HELIOS LAN Test) FYI: All of those Hard Drives where external 3.5" HDD in an enclosure. I dislocated those Hard Drives and put them into an 8 bay enclosure. However 2 Hard Drives, when put into the same enclosure, have poor transfer rates (10 MB/s). (Those drives have also been external ones that I extracted from their case.) I switched their places in the enclosure many times to make s…

• Noob questions

wolf8auer - - General

If you use it, it will work. But you'll only get 10 MB/s file transfer speed. That can be frustrating if you have to copy hundreds of GB. With GbE you get 60-110 MB/s easily. Provided that you have a GbE LAN (Cables, switch, etc.)

• Noob questions

wolf8auer - - General

1),2) Yes the OMV Image is on an SD Card and you boot your computer with it. The raspberry pi however is a bad choice because it is too slow. You need an SBC with Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3 port. (Rock64, Nanopi M4, etc.) 3) No, you cannot change the external drives frequently. This messes up things. Attach your external drives to your computer running the omv image and stay with the drives. You can add and remove drives, but not on the fly so to speak. 4) No, you don't need a keyboard for the S…

• I solved it in 2 STEPS. I looked at the fstab sudo nano /etc/fstab Source Code (9 lines) I noticed the last line with fuse.mergerfs Since I've created a pool drive with the UnionFS plugin and it didn't work with the shared folder, I've deleted it. I even uninstalled the plugin. Unfortunetely I couldn't delete the drive pool in the File Format menu of omv. And when I shut down the system and booted again it did't start omv server. STEP 1) So the solution was to delete the last line from fstab: /s…

• My SBC suddenly only boots in CLI. Source Code (8 lines)This is the first time I experience such a behaviour. Previousely I've experimented wit the UnionFS plugin. Something didn't work and therefore I uninstalled the plugin. Then I shut down the board. When I run fsck I only get fsck from util-linux 2.29.2