Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• How about .... a members meeting

macom - - General

I am wondering if there would be an interest to meet in the real world? Drink a water, beer, whisky or whiskey and contemplate about future developments of OMV and world piece Maybe US, UK, Germany or ??? - Thailand

• Problem adding hardrive

macom - - General

Quote from crashtest: “As memory serves, I think I stole that little process from one of his posts. ” Which in turn was stolen from ....shit, I do not find it.... Found it: @LegerD Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!)

• ISO to IMG

macom - - General

Start with Debian 9 (stretch) and use the script. It will install OMV4 then. I would use Debian 10 with OMV5 though.

• Rsync only sending incremental file list

macom - - RSync

Quote from jackthefox: “I'm able to run Rsync absolutely fine through SSH however ” Which command are you using? I noticed you have not enabled archive mode in your settings.

• Harddisk full!?

macom - - General

As I understand, in the article snapper was creating many snapshots which was causing the issue. We do not know if OP is using snapper. Unlikely, otherwise he would be aware of the config file as he would have installed snapper on purpose. BTW in the meantime it is possible to delete a range of snapshots with one command.

• "drive is missing" and the hdd is down

macom - - General

Did you remove all shared folders from services. You can use the reset-perms plugin to check which service is using which shared folder.

• What are people who use OMV called?

macom - - Off-Topic

OM-Visti

• Quote from bbddpp: “Is this as simple as unmounting the file system and running a shell command on the empty volume and remounting? ” Regarding making a new file system, yes tecmint.com/create-new-ext4-file-system-partition-in-linux/ linux.die.net/man/8/mkfs.ext4

• USB backup

macom - - Docker

Quote from Buff: “1- using a USB drive as back up how should the format be for the drive I am assuming Ext4 ? ” Yes. It just works. Quote from Buff: “2- Is it possible to back up to a partition on the attached USB drive or is it that the back up will consume the complete drive ? ” I think it has to be the complete drive, but you can simply try If it is not working, wipe the USB drive and create a single file system

• Quote from kattivius: “/sharedfolders/backupPC ” Don't use the /sharedfolders/ path in Docker. Always use /srv/dev-disk-by-label.xxxx/yyyy EDIT: ok, you mentioned, that you tried the absolute path as well

• Just an idea, not a recommendation: Urbackup is easy to install on Debian. It is the only application I installed on Debian. I never tried to install it in Docker. All others are in Docker.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Not much can be done to avoid this other than wait for all changes before clicking Apply. ” Do you mean, making several changes via the GUI before clicking Apply?

• Have you enabled monitoring in the GUI of OMV?

• If you want to use btrfs you need to read a bit. e.g. btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.ph…h_free_space_do_I_have.3F btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page and most important: btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Status also useful: script for srub and balancing marc.merlins.org/perso/btrfs/2…d-Btrfs-Filesystem-Repair or btrfs-maintenance github.com/kdave/btrfsmaintenance

• change system drive from SSD to USB?

macom - - General

If you want to try the USB drive version, just clone your OS filesystem to a USB thumb drive using clonezilla. Make sure to use the -icds switch in advanced options so that Clonezilla is not complaining that the target drive is smaller than the source. Then try to get your NAS to boot from USB and find out wheter you are happy with it or not. If not, just switch back to your SSD.

• Quote from RUsum1: “What does "drive must be mounted exec." mean? ” Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• change system drive from SSD to USB?

macom - - General

I think there is nothing wrong with running OMV from a SSD. I have created another partition on my SSD so that I can use the space also for data.

• I cant install OMV Extras

macom - - Plugins

And you did not get any error message? Strange

• You can add additional arguments/options to each rsync job in the "extra options" field. Just below is also a link to the man page of rsync.

• your drives are mounted under /srv/ so the path to a media folder is something like /srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx/media