Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

• Thanks! That was exactly the solution I was looking for. Just finished setting up a second OpenMediaVault-Server and couldn't get plex tp run… Now everything works like a charm. Nice.

• I don‘t have a real solution, but after rebooting the System it works for a randomperiod. I just shutted it down and cleaned the CPU-Fan, it‘s over 30° and I think itz could be heat-related. I now will keep an eye on the Servers Temperature...

• Sadly I can't help you, but have a similar problem. My OMV 4 Server suddenly stopped responding to SSH, Plex stopped, JDownloader stopped… Sometimes I get an nginex-error and directly after a nginex restarted-Mail, but so far I am only able to get the serve up running if i hard-reset it. I also get an immediate response from a ping. Very strange, I have no Idea where I should start to look into… I now will restart the server and then dig through some configs, throw out unused extensions and then…

• Plex doesn't work after HDD-Switch

seloco - - Plugins

Okay, so… Will try to start fresh. At the moment I am copying my Library-Data to a Backupdrice, just in case… Takes a long time, my Library-Data is about 80gig… I removed Plex from the OMV-Extras and ran "apt-get purge plemediaserver", just in case… Manually removed the symlink from "/var/lib", so that Plex should start completely empty, after I reinstall it. When the backup is complete I'll reboot the machine and then re-install Plex and hopefully get a running mediaserver. Then I'll add my Med…

• Plex doesn't work after HDD-Switch

seloco - - Plugins

Hi there, I recently upgraded the HDDs in my OMV-Box. Works perfect, except for Plex. The thing ist, I upgraded the internal HDDs from 2x500GB+1x1TB (SnapRaid) two 2x1GB+1x3TB in combination with two external Drives (1TB+2TB). For the longest time, Plex worked fine, with it's Library-Data on the external 2TB-Disk. Now, I wanted to reformat the Disk, and add it as parity-disk to my SnapRAID, so after the internal Disk-Upgrade I copied the Library to the internal Disks. I then deleted the partitio…

• My MediaServer

seloco - - My NAS Build

I just upgraded my Server with some new (old) Hardware! It‘s now a Intel Core i5 with 4 Cores and 2.67 GHz and 4GB DDR3 RAM. I believe it‘s much more enrgy-efficient and gets better performance. Sadly, after one year of nearly no Problems one of my external HDDs died, seems like the USB-Board of the external HDD… Never again I will use storage without RAID… At the moment I have a 80GB System-HDD, 2x500GB+1x1TB Internal HDDs in a SnapRAID with a 1TB external USB-Drive for 2TB RAID-Storage. And tw…

• Ich hab's behoben, yeah! Allerdings musste ich ein Backup einspielen. Es scheint sich bei mir einfach um Datenkorruption zu handeln, bedingt durch das Festplattenalter. /usr/lib/plexmediaserver und /opt/plexcodecs waren irgendwie nicht lesbar. Nach dem löschen der Ordner und einspielen eines Backups ging sofort wieder alles. Hötte vermutlich auch funktioniert, die Ordner zu löschen und Plex neu zu installieren, wobei ein "apt-get purge plex*" nicht ausreichte.

• Ich habe leider auch keine Lösung, sondern ein ähnliches Problem… Seit heute Morgen startet mein PlexMediaServer nicht mehr… Ich weiß leider nicht mehr, ob ich zuerst eine Softwareaktualisierung genacht habe, oder ob es direkt einfach nach dem starten nicht ging, aber das hier ist die Statusausgabe: Source Code (16 lines) Ich habe bereits ein ältere Plex-Version installiert, gelöscht, neu installiert, geupdatet… Ich habe keine Ahnung mehr, was ich noch machen könnte… Weiß jemand rat

• Move Installation to another drive

seloco - - General

Nice! I'll fo that tonight, or maybe tomorrow…

• Move Installation to another drive

seloco - - General

Hey folks, is it possible to move a complete working installation of OMV3 to another drive? In my case I'd like to switch from the internal 40GB IDE-HDD (Yeah, old clunky loud drive…) to a 64 US3B-Flashdrive. I know, if I use a flashdrive, I need the Flash-Drive-PlugIn. I don't want to install the system from ground up, because It's just setup fine and works flawlessly, but after some days, I now realize, that the System HD is just too loud for me. Also, I could use the IDE-Ports for two additio…

• My MediaServer

seloco - - My NAS Build

Good Idea

• My MediaServer

seloco - - My NAS Build

Good one… Well, that's the cost per year, wich is not that of a problem to me. Ok it's about 230€ per year… But that is calculated in my monthly budget. The cost for a newer CPU, Mainboard, RAM and additional stuff, to build a new Server with less Powerconsumption however, is not. Of course a more modern CPU would cost less per year and therefore safe money in longterm, but for now, I'm happy with my Server.

• Hey, unfortunately I don't have a real sollution for the problem, but maybe a workaround. You could download the Package from here: shell.ninthgate.se/packages/de…l/main/p/plexmediaserver/ and install it manually. I had OMV 2 running without the actual PlexPlugin for months without problems. The PlexMediaServer-Menu in OMV won't be present, but the PLexMediaServer should work.

• My MediaServer

seloco - - My NAS Build

Hi there, I just wanted to share my chap Homeserver-Setup with you all. I just finished the setup, so now all works fine. I upgraded to OMV3, together with Hardwareupgrades, so basically I upgraded everything my Server. One thing was very important for me: it had to be really inexpensive, as I have two kids and only one income… I got a Mainboard and CPU from a Friend, and had some HDDs lying around. It’s now a AMD Phhenom 9650, 2300MHz Quadcore with 6GB DDR2 RAM. Internal HDDs are 40GB IDE+80GB …