Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

• Interesting new open source NAS

noiro - - General

I guess you will connect it in the machine of your signature?

noiro - - General

Quote from gderf: “ I decided to order the parts for an 8 bay JBOD box instead. Totaled out @ $327.00 without drives. ” care to elaborate please?

noiro - - General

It looks very interesting and the price is not so bad I have to say. As far as I know it will run OMV since the kobol team will offer debian/ubuntu images through armbian and with armbian you can install OMV. I like the USB-C connection with DAS option. Gives somehow an expansion possibility

• It looks really nice. Interesting design. Is it noisy with the fun? i would prefer to utilise all 4 SATA ports on my M4 (for now sits without the SATA hat on a KKSB metalic case)

• I noticed the same on nanopi neo 2 running also armbian/omv5

• If it is for NAS only I would recommend an SBC (up tp 4 disks though i.e. NEO m4 with SATA hat ) for sure energy efficient..

• Local DNS, DHCP

noiro - - Network

May I suggest to run pi-hole for DNS/DHCP? You can run it as docker image on OMV or virtualbox The added functionality is that it will block ads. Whatever path you choose the DNS/DHCP server should always have a static IP. Also disable the DHCP from your router

• Guide for Setting Remote Management

noiro - - General

Can you please define "securely" ? port forward from your router to the installation of OMV ( I assume it is https:// and you are not using default password) done Are you afraid of exposing OMV to internet ? Why? Change port for more obscurity

• You could install nextcloud for that

• Print server

noiro - - General

Quote from dyip: “Thx....but is there anyone here that have done it before and is there any issue or thinks that I should be aware of when install CUPS? ” Works like a charm for years no issues..

• HP Microserver N54L (re)Build

noiro - - My NAS Build

Quote from vinser: “Quote from geaves: “ ” Do you use OMV on N54L? If so can you tell me what SATA controller mode should I set up in BIOS - IDE, RAID or AHCI to install OMV with mdadm or so? ” AHCI of course. Do not use the HW raid. There is no point as others pointed out.

• Debian 10 - OMV 4.x

noiro - - Updates/Upgrades

Quick question please. I have debian 9 and on top OMV 4.x. Should I upgrade to Debian 10 already or I will face issues? Thanks

• Best choice for NAS? Intel/AMD?

noiro - - My NAS Build

Go for the cheaper and most efficient one (less power consumption). I use AMD on both my HP microservers for years.. no issues.

• Do I really need omv?

noiro - - General

Why do you need raid6 ?

• OpenVPN with changing IP

noiro - - Plugins

I use duckdns.org/install.jsp on the OMV and Ovpn is working fine. Do you use the ovpn to connect to a vpn service ?

• It's a pity you did not go for ECC memory... you could save a lot if you have listened and bought smaller cpu and no nvme...

• Multi-system case

noiro - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from noiro: “I was wondering how to tidy up all the sbc I have ” Well, the downside of this approach should be obvious: by using an oversized ATX PSU the system wastes a lot more energy than needed. ” I did not say I will use the ATX PSU The whole idea for me using SBCs where possible is energy efficiency .. so I am open to suggestions.. maybe a modded pico psu ?

• Multi-system case

noiro - - My NAS Build

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I had six small arm and x86 boards in multiple locations and an empty 4U rackmount case. So, I modified a power supply to power all six boards. All of the boards except the atomicpi (has rubber feet on it) are mounted on risers about 20-25mm off the motherboard plate. There are the following boards in the case: - Udoo x86 with 256GB SSD and 30GB SATA M2 - AtomicPi - RockPro64 - Renegade - NanoPiM4 + SATA hat with 8TB HD and 256GB SSD - RPi2 The entire system is pulling 59…

• Although I followed the link you sent before I tried it once more and it worked! I added couple of thinfg just to be on the safe side Source Code (6 lines)

• Source Code (29 lines)something is really wrong and I do not have a clue what..