Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

• In the future I will try it, but Ive had it a while, before omv 5 came out, and its working and dont want to mess with it. But I do want to try omv 5, as I have a server with a xeon on 4.x and want to see the differences and if its worth it to upgrade, but for now everything is working.

• that seems to work, now Im connected to the 5ghz band. Thanks

• the router is an asus ac86u so its ac and should be able to do 5ghz. Also they are a couple of meters appart with nothing in between, I just dont have enough ethernet ports to connect it wired, and the Rpis ethernet isnt that great so no big loss. I want to leave separating the SSIDs as a last resort, as I will have to reconnect everything and thats a chore.

• I have a Rpi 3 b+ that was connected to a router that had a SSID for 2.4 and another for 5ghz, but I changed it and it has both bands on the same SSID, now the Rpi connects but with iwconfig I get that its connected to the 2.4 band. How do I force the Rpi to connect to the 5Ghz band and only fall back to 2.4 when theres a problem? Thanks

• Problem with permission inheritance

totopesce - - General

I have the PUID and PGID set as a user, but reading the dockerhub it says that it creates the permissions for that user and I'm accessing it as guest so no bueno. I thought it was a problem with OMV and or Samba, but now searching for docker/deluge I read (Link) that you can change the umask in the docker to change the permission of the files it creates something like 777-umask (number by number). Read the hub again and you can change the default umask for this docker (and others), so I added th…

totopesce - - General

They are all dockers, Sonarr, Radarr and Jackett give downloads to deluge and that downloads it. Or just downloading something from Deluge. Thats the only thing that "creates" files on the server.

totopesce - - General

thanks for the reply and no worries, I explained myself wrong, I'm doing what you said, I havent touched the top part, and always have used the extra options. Thats what I have to do every time I have a new file.

totopesce - - General

I've been having problems with the permission inheritance when I access my NAS on my windows machine and try to execute or write files. Every time I have a new files downloaded by the server and I try to execute it or move it I have to enter enter shared folders-ACL and re allow everyone to read write recursively, I dont have or use any users to access the NAS, anyone can access it on the network. In samba I have it set guest allowed, browsable, honor acls, permission inheritance, but it seems t…

• OpenVPN docker, cant access server

totopesce - - Docker

I follow technodadlifes video on how to set duckdns and openvpn in dockers, connected to openvpn on my android phone and it connects but when I try to access anything with myip:port it says site cant be reached. Is there something else that I need to do to access my dockers and server with the VPN as if I was connected on the same local network? EDIT: Managed to fix the problem, after following both tutorial if you want to access your home network through the VPN you have to change in OPENVPN, V…

• Shellinabox plugin in testing repo

totopesce - - Plugins

I have the same problem as RomainD2, I did enable ssh, it works on my rpi with omv, and it worked on 2 other machines with omv

• Docker cant write on mergerfs pool

totopesce - - Plugins

I have installed OMV (4.1.19) and docker on 3 systems now, a raspberry pi, a lenovo laptop and now on an acer, but this is the first time I'm using mergerfs to pool both of the laptop HDDs. My problem is that when my dockers (have tried with deluge, radarr and sonarr) try to write to the drive I get an error that I dont have the permissions to write to that drive, but the configuration of all the dockers saves even if I restart them. I set up a user, checked and added the puid and gpuid as alway…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from totopesce: “So its not really using swap ” It is using swap but neither to SD card nor to other ultra slow storage (like USB2 attached HDDs). Again: ZRAM If accessing your OMV box by name works then why would you fiddle around with addresses (or follow ancient rituals like 'setting a static IP address')? By not following those anachronistic principles (static IP...) and using technologies like DNS that work since decades access to your OMV box will be less trouble…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from totopesce: “And as far as I've read it in raspbian many use it ” What happens at Raspbian is irrelevant for OMV. We are not basing on Raspbian and of course we don't swap to SD card since this is a stupid idea. OMV uses ZRAM instead with rather conservative settings. So we neither swap to SD card nor HDDs since both would be insane. We just use the available DRAM more intelligently. Wrt names vs. numbers/adresses. We're human beings so why should we deal with crap…

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from totopesce: “I created a network interface with the IP I wanted, ” You shouldn't create a network interface you should is to edit/change the one that displays dhcp in System -> Network -> Interfaces ” There was no interface when I created the static one, it doesnt change what appears one the interface, it still says static and the IP I set, but it doesnt work. Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from totopesce: “how to change the swap so it takes memory from the EHDD instead…

• I have a raspberry pi 3b+ with the latest image I could find of OMV4. I have almost everything installed and working, but the static IP doesnt stay, after some time it changes back, I created a network interface with the IP I wanted, added the netgate, gateway and DNS, but after some hours it reverts to the default IP that it receives from the router?. Its connected through ethernet. Is there something else I have to do to make the static IP stay? EDIT: off topic but someone knows how to change …