Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

• @Nefertitii; Thanks for the info. Although access to shares wasn't t he problem in this case, I do struggle with that on a Windows laptop from a friend. I'll check out the HOWTO. @geaves; Thanks, but that didn't work for me. Problem persisted. After some more tries I (finally..) noticed that the VM had me connect to it at 127.0.0.1. I tried replacing that IP address by the local IP address of the OMV server en that worked. Probably obvious in hindsight.. I'm new to VM's So; solved. Although not …

• I would like to run Windows 10 in a virtual machine. Since I'm new to virtual machines, I followed Techno Dad Life's tutorial on youtube.com/watch?v=Me7McYocVM0. Only with Windows 10 64bit, instead of Ubuntu. This seems to work fine, I installed VirtualBox, followed the steps in the video and have started the VM. In the preview window I can see the first screen of the Windows installation. See attachment 1. However, I cannot connect to the machine. When I click on the server port, as shown in th…

• <not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question. If not, let me know and I'll move the thread> I have an OMV NAS running 4.1.23-1 with about 8 TB, running Sonarr, Radarr and NZBGet in dockers. Downloaded files go into /sharedfolders/Downloads/tvseries and /sharedfolders/Downloads/movies. Older hardware, but relatively powerfull (i7, 16GB RAM). The whole NAS is running a VPN-client connection. I also have a Synology 1019+ with about 40 TB which is my mediaserver. A Nvidia Shield TV is …

• Quote from macom: “Try if clearing your browser cache solves the issue. ” Saw this one only AFTER posting my previous reply. It worked! I would never have thought about clearing the cache. Thanks again for the help! Again

• I would like that, but tbh, I have no clue how to install debian 9 on a headless machine. I only managed to install OMV thanks to this thread. And I'm not sure if Debian 9 64bit would even install on this box. And yes, I noticed the update/upgrade issues; tried to update all the items in the Update Manager and that crashed the installation so badly I had to do a new installation. It's just a testcase though. I'm having a testrun with OMV to decide if I want to go this route or go Synology/Qnap. …

• Been trying to setup OMV (OMV 3, 32bit, can't get later version to install) on my very old HP MediaSmart Server EX490. Installation succeeded, disk, raid and filesystem are done. I am now trying to get some Samba shares up and running. I created some shared folders and I’m trying to add shares under SMB/CIFS. I get an error message when I try to save the share: The property 'name' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb.share' (see attachment for details). I'm very new to OMV, so chances a…

• @creamsicle: I doubt if you still follow this thread, but in case you do: I had an old EX490 lying around with some extra RAM installed (and I think I replaced the CPU years ago). I followed your instructions and installed OMV on the device. It’s early days, but it seems to run smoothly now. I did notice a few things: - booting from one USB stick to create another wasn't that easy, since all my PC's use UEFI. OMV doesn’t support UEFI and the install-stick will not boot on UEFI systems. Took me a…

• Install from USB to USB

Bert-Jan54 - - General

Quote from macom: “Quote from Bert-Jan54: “both PC's being UEFI ” May be you can select "legacy" mode in the UEFI settings of your computer. Might be called differently. ” That was easier than I thought! Just one switch in the BIOS. I could now boot from the first stick and install to the second. Following the advice from the article I mentioned in the first post, I had OMV up and running on my EX490 Mediasmartserver in no time. Thanks for the help!

• Quote from uga: “Just out of curiosity: how much is your yearly electricity bill (more or less) ? ” I haven't got a clue. Although with the big TV, the multiple PC's, the numerous gadgets and the waterbed it's probably substantial. But hey, I don't smoke

• No, I was really just looking for a board with 6 SATA connectors. I spoke to a friend of mine who can sell me this board for 55 euro's (about 62 USD), which is cheap for this board. I hadn't looked the chipset at all, tbh, just at the socket and the SATA connectors. I'm open to suggestions though.

Bert-Jan54 - - General

Thanks for your reply. The booting is the problem, I can't get my Windows PC or the Ubuntu laptop to boot from the USB stick, due to both PC's being UEFI. I hadn't picked up on installing Debian first though. Tbh not to keen on extra steps, since I'm a OMV newbie and ease of use is important for me, but I'll look into that. Thanks for the info about the grub issue.

• Thanks for the reply! Good tip on the SSD, I'll go for the smallest one I can find. The current Plex database is not that big; a little under 10 GB I wasn't sure about the RAM. Initially I was planning on 16GB, but I can get a good deal on 32. I'll stick with 16, still better for my budget. I think I goofed up on those integrated graphics. I thought I had read somewhere that integrated graphics were needed for hardware transcoding. I've now read that it's not the integrated graphics, but that th…

Bert-Jan54 - - General

I would like to try and install OMV on an old HP Mediasmart Server EX490. This is a headless server, no option to add a VGA adapter. I would like to install OMV to USB. I found this thread on how to do this, but i will need to install OMV fróm an USB drive tó an USB drive: 'The wiki installation instructions weren't clear on this, but you'll then need a second flash drive on which to install OpenMediaVault. The ISO image is an installer drive, and it'll then install OpenMediaVault onto your seco…

• I've been running an old Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials box. I'm not a server expert at all, this was just a hobby project. The server is getting old, though, and I'd like to setup a NAS to replace it as I do not really need all the options of a server. I was thinking of buying a ready-made Synology at first, but that is expensive for what I get in hardware, also I'd like to keep with the DIY theme. I would like to upgrade my current 17TB to a lot more. Either 48TB or 60TB, depending on the R…