Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

• Raid missing after upgrade to OMV 4.1.22

1dx - - RAID

Geaves, thank you for your help, greatly appreciated!

1dx - - RAID

Swapped out faulty drive and md127 just finished recovering. Then mounted drive in file systems (wasn't mounted before), then ran omv-mkconf on fstab and mdadm. How do these look? Source Code (17 lines)Source Code (21 lines)Now it looks like I will have to set up file systems.

1dx - - RAID

Quote: “There's no reference to the raid in either, so omv-mkconf fstab same again but mdadm ” Okay, ran the omv-mkconf fstab and below are fstab and mdadm.conf: Source Code (16 lines)Source Code (20 lines)

1dx - - RAID

Quote from geaves: “Check your fstab and mdadm entries ” Source Code (14 lines) Source Code (20 lines)

1dx - - RAID

Update: The RAID is showing up on the OMV RAID Management, Showing clean with all 5 drives listed. SMART shows that sdb is red due to Reallocated Sector Count. I'll have to replace that drive today. I wonder if this is why it's saying: "not enough to start the array"?

1dx - - RAID

The array stopped: mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm: stopped /dev/md127 Then tried to assemble: mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcdef] mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127 mdadm: /dev/sdb is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 4. mdadm: /dev/sdc is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 2. mdadm: /dev/sdd is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 1. mdadm: /dev/sde is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 0. mdadm: /dev/sdf is identified as a member of…

1dx - - RAID

Quote from geaves: “']ou'll need to assemble it mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcdef] ” Thank you geaves for the reply. Just tried to assemble it: [tt] mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcdef] [mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127 mdadm: /dev/sdb is busy - skipping mdadm: /dev/sdc is busy - skipping mdadm: /dev/sdd is busy - skipping mdadm: /dev/sde is busy - skipping mdadm: /dev/sdf is busy - skipping /tt] Not sure what that means.

1dx - - RAID

Yes, I forgot to mention that in the original post. Sorry.

1dx - - RAID

Recently did a clean install of OMV 4.1.22 (from 3.0.99). Used a new system SSD and disconnected my RAID 5 array. Shut down after initial install and reconnected RAID. Rebooted and checked the OMV web interface and RAID was not listed. All the disks were listed in DISKS, but nothing in RAID management. I am looking for help getting the RAID back up. Information Below: cat /proc/mdstat Source Code (4 lines)blkid Source Code (7 lines) fdisk -l | grep "Disk " Source Code (7 lines) cat /etc/mdadm/md…

• Hello, With the help of KMO201, I was able to get closer to restoring my RAID array (see info in post directly above). However being a noob, I'm unsure as to the steps to restore my RAID. Would very much appreciate some help in determining what steps to take next. Thanks.

• Installed OMV 4.1.22, then shut down and connected the RAID drives and rebooted. Looks promising, see below. Note that the mdadm detail scan now shows INACTIVE-ARRAY /dev/md127. However the array does not show up in the RAID Management GUI. Hopefully all it needs is a mount or something? if so, how do I go about it? Thanks! Disk DATA: cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10] md127 : inactive sdb[4](S) sdf[3](S) sdc[2](S) sde[0](S) sdd…

• Thank you KM0201 for the reply. I reinstalled OMV 3 because I was thinking it would be best not to upgrade before resolving the RAID problem. It did fix the problem with the Web GUI. I'll install OMV 4, and give it a try and see if that helps. Thanks!

• Hello, About two months ago, I had one of the 5 4TB drives fail in my RAID array. I replaced the drive and the array rebuilt and everything worked fine. a week or so later, I started getting intermittent 'Spares missing" errors. This was odd, but these errors went away before I could figure out what was causing them. A few weeks later, I started having trouble with the OMV Web GUI. Every time I would try to change any parameter I would get the message "The configuration has been changed. You mus…

• Thanks for the reply cabrio_leo. My problem is that I can't make any OMV changes from the Web GUI, including uninstalling (or installing) plugins. Just keep getting the errors detailed above. Maybe possible from the CLI? Good advice to clone the boot drive and backup raid array data. I will certainly do that.

• Recently started to get errors when trying to make changes with the GUI. When I click on apply I get the following error message: Source Code (2 lines) Source Code (16 lines)I should also mention that at the same time I'm not able to update from the update management on the GUI. Example below: Source Code (29 lines) Would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction to find a solution. Would like to upgrade to OMV 4, but thinking I should have to resolve this problem first …

• Running OMV 3.0.99 (Erasmus). I had a disk fail on my raid 5 array, and got this email message: This message was generated by the smartd daemon running on: host name:nas DNS domain: OMV The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-HGST_HDN726040ALE614_K7H5PPDL [SAT], ATA error count increased from 0 to 8 Device info: HGST HDN726040ALE614, S/N:K7H5PPDL, WWN:5-000cca-269d0aec8, FW:APGNW7JH, 4.00 TB For details see host's SYSLOG. You can also use the smar…

• BR Robert, Ryecoaaron, I was able to set rw from the cli and then mount from the pool from the web admin. Thank you much for helping out a novice!

• Hello all, I replaced my OMV mobo due to one SATA port failed. Replaced mobo, installed OMV 2.1, shut down and hooked up drives, rebooted and is running fine. I can 'see' my RAID 5 array in the web administrator, and I'm unsure how to reassemble/reconstruct it. The Raid Management Detail shows: Version : 1.2 Creation Time : Fri Dec 11 14:38:57 2015 Raid Level : raid5 Array Size : 15627548672 (14903.59 GiB 16002.61 GB) Used Dev Size : 3906887168 (3725.90 GiB 4000.65 GB) Raid Devices : 5 Total Dev…