Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 429.

• Quote from happyreacer: “@TechnoDadLife Thank you for the nice video! I have a question about the intiration of local folder. I think the performance is mutch faster to intigrate it directly without smb/cfs. But how can i make it? In the moment i use the OMV4 Docker plugin and i can take the folders in the options for a local path use in nextcloud. ” I don't have any experience with the plugin, so better to ask someone else.

• Boinc on your home server?

TechnoDadLife - - Off-Topic

Quote from khollis7: “Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Quote from corla99: “I can try on virtual machine... The only difference is the image we are using: the boinc/client and the boinc/client:virtualbox Edit: screenshots ” PS I owe you a sticker.PM me with your address and I'll send you a sticker. ” There are 2 tricks - enable remote management on your OMV server/set a remote management password. Use the BOINC client from a Windows/Linux/OSX machine to configure processing, pick your projects, networ…

• Have you seen this? help.nextcloud.com/t/permission-denied-for-redis/19806/3 I would delete everything and start over.

Quote from corla99: “I can try on virtual machine... The only difference is the image we are using: the boinc/client and the boinc/client:virtualbox Edit: screenshots ” PS I owe you a sticker. PM me with your address and I'll send you a sticker.

Quote from corla99: “I can try on virtual machine... The only difference is the image we are using: the boinc/client and the boinc/client:virtualbox Edit: screenshots ” corla99, I figured it out. I was missing a space. Now it works fine! Thanks for posting your config.

Quote from corla99: “Hi, there's an official docker client container on github: here The Docker Compose file is towards the end: Source Code (14 lines)I have not tried on OMV because it is on my backup server, but on Unraid it works perfectly. ” I tried this if you look above. I need to see it working on OMV with any modifications you made.

• Boinc Challenge : Can You Bionc?

TechnoDadLife - - General

youtu.be/ZQyZhJrqjQc This week is a challange to get Bionc working in a Docker. Free stickers to the first three people who post their exact process to the forums in the forum thread listed below. Boinc - boinc.berkeley.edu/ Forum post - Boinc on your home server?

• Harddisk full!?

So this has been a problem for 8 years, based on the article. It seems like the default settings should be a little less aggressive.

• When you think of your server, what do you think of? Security Fun Learning Helping Time saving ????????

Quote from ness1602: “maybe you can set boinc folder on host to 777(not usually recommended) ,and then see? ” Changed permissions. Removed noexec. Same error.

• Quote from Adoby: “"People"? OMVores, as in Omnivores? OMVies? ” I like OMniVores. Pronounced Ommmni Vors

Quote from macom: “Quote from BTech: “translating "raw" Docker config into OMV Docker ” No need to translate. You can also run the commands from CLI. You can also use docker-compose.The container will be visible afterwards in the Docker-gui plugin. ” For me the docker compose fails or get stuck at .. 22-Jan-2020 21:54:19 [---] Setting up GUI RPC socket dir_open: Could not open directory 'slots' from '/var/lib/boinc'. Any luck getting past this? Here is my compose file: Source Code (14 lines)

• I was wondering what are poeple who use OMV called? Virtuals?

• youtu.be/IdGtuJwouJc Dockstarter auto-magically installs dockers with some effort.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ozboss: “Reinstalling the plugin on the main server gives the same error. I don't know what it means, is it a clue for something? ” I wouldn't count on the plugin doing everything correctly. That is why it is in the beta repo. I recommend trying to get wireguard working manually first and then see what the plugin is doing wrong. I will fix the plugin then. ” I haven't looked at the plugin yet, but I found this and though it might be helpful in plugin developmen…

• Looking for people who...

I'll let you know when they come in. It is random. Sometimes three people in one day. Then maybe two weeks of nothing. I'll let you know.

• Zfs caching

TechnoDadLife - - RAID

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on ZFS, but is it possible to do disk caching or ram caching on ZFS on OMV? Thanks

If you want to be included just tell me. I am not interested in doing it. I'll refer back to this list as needed. Actually, maybe everyone should list the languages that they are proficient in too.

I have people who contact me occasionally asking for personal help by trouble shooting their system remotely and want to pay me for it. I don't have the time for this. Is there anybody in the community who wants to provide support for people who don't want to hit the forums? Thanks. PS I think this is an ok topic, but just let me know if I can't ask this.

• Convert Videos with Nextcloud

youtu.be/NvNkjuj3Ags Now you have Nextcloud installed, what can you do with it? Convert your videos inside of Nextcloud easily and quickly.