Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 134.

• var/log is running out of space

ajaja - - General

Quote from gderf: “Find out what is flooding your logs and fix that. ” It is not uncommon here that this is because PLEX DB is filling your boot drive. So, yes, find out what is bogarting your space.

• Plex metdata database location

ajaja - - Plugins

My boot drive on my Dell T30 is a 250GB M.2 drive(WDS250G3X0C by Western Digital 3100 MB/s). I have my PLEX DB in /home/, along with all my configuration files for Docker. I just let the installer partition the boot drive and leave it as is. By the time 250GB is not enough I will come up with another plan. I also use the very fast M.2 drive as the location of my transcoder temporary directory. Less than half of the drive is used. PLEX DB is tracking 5000+ Albums, 2000+ Movies, the episodes of 15…

• MergerFs - omv5

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from crashtest: “I've been using MergerFS + SNAPRAID in OMV4 without problems. If you're having some sort of problem with MergerFS in OMV4, please describe it. ” If someone is looking for help with MergerFS on the released OMV4, please realize this thread is tagged for the beta OMV5. These OMV5 threads are for clearing issues with upcoming OS. They are also for consuming ALL free time of the developers --- thank you.

• MergerFs - omv5

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from crashtest: “Quote from ajaja: “ryecoaaron, [... ] Has the progress broug[ht] a usable solution for the rest of us? If this is still a future todo, where might I find out when the plugin is in a good state? ” It might help if you closely defined your question. - Have you loaded OMV5 (and) are using MergerFS in OMV5. - Are you having some sort of trouble? - What, exactly is the problem? With a few details, I might be able to replicate the problem you're experiencing in a VM. Absent that…

• MergerFs - omv5

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from gderf: “Quote from ajaja: “ryecoaaron, [... ] Has the progress broug[ht] a usable solution for the rest of us? If this is still a future todo, where might I find out when the plugin is in a good state? ” Did you know that the plugin writes its output to fstab? Between those examples and the manual you should be able to figure it out. ” Are you aware that that does not answer my question?

• MergerFs - omv5

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The OMV 5.x version of the plugin has plenty of issues. They are being worked on. I really don't think manually configuring pools/fstab is the right option for most users. The fact that it is still not working well on OMV 5.x shouldn't be a huge issue since OMV 5.x hasn't been released. I don't what else to say about that. And once we get the plugin to a good state, I will add the damn option to pool folders instead of just disks... ” ryecoaaron, the Unionfilesystem plugi…

• Broke My WebGUI

ajaja - - General

Quote from gderf: “/var contains the OMV web stuff. I'd say you are well smashed. Have backup? ” Of course not. /home is on my data drives. Most of my services are in Docker. I will be rebuilt in a day's time. It has been over a year's time sense my last clean install. Bob's my cousin.

• Broke My WebGUI

ajaja - - General

WebGUI will not take my credentials — "wrong username or password" Did what I could with omv-firstaid: cleared cache and created new password. I ran a chmod that may have messed in /var; could that have be my bad? (chmod 777 -R /var/*) Brainfuck Source Code (25 lines)

• How do I delete a "dead" container?

ajaja - - Docker

@ryecoaaron your response got me in the right directions. Thank you root@omvT30:~# docker container kill PLEX Error response from daemon: Cannot kill container: PLEX: Container efceb4d244e801e87aaf30ec1f5fe713573427dc45b367b427f0ba9561d5e855 is not running root@omvT30:~# docker container rm --force PLEX root@omvT30:~# docker container start Jackett docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/container_rm/ Thankfully I have created step by step directions to setup my PLEX container.

• How do I delete a "dead" container?

ajaja - - Docker

I have a "DEAD" container that will not run, and delete is unselectable. I have a "Created" container that will not run, and can not be started. Please see attached images. All was working before shutting down the box and adding an external USB attached drive. Thanks forum.openmediavault.org/index…62b772ea862a3e85562a912f0forum.openmediavault.org/index…62b772ea862a3e85562a912f0

• TimeMachine process is more than a file copy. The application is continually checking continuity, while allowing the Mac to be productive. TimeMachine is - out of the box - a low priority process. Your added layer of this being an over the air connection, brings an expedetal layer of time.

• Is there a procedure to move the Boot volume to another device? Thank you

• Docker - errors after latest updates

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from zhonghao: “the same as your error message ” Both my intel boxes' Docker services went down while I slept last night. I can get to the Docker GUI, but none of my installed containers are present/visable. I also get a message from Docker interface stating that a port(430X?) not available. Downed Docker uninstalled/reinstalled plugin. Not enough time to make a proper post before making lunch for my child then off to work. Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start Latest Doc…

• Quote from arik: “ Since there is not any plugin for NextCloud I have installed it under Docker. ” These may help: youtu.be/PKsq7k2pwsI youtu.be/TkjAcp8q0W0

• Time machine backup on SMB share

ajaja - - CIFS/SMB

Perhaps there are clues in my experience this week: My TM has not been working on two servers. I just stopped using it. With @tkaiser asserting that it works; I decided to reinstall the plugin. It did not work. I then thought about wether this may be a file system issue. I have UnionFS which is actually mergerfs holding together my data that resides on multiple EXT4 formatted drives. I then started to recall all the adjustments I had to do if I wanted to have my PlexDB on my fused volume. So I m…

• Transcode folder for plex docker.

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from R0vsvamp: “All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker. ” Are you using mergerfs(UnionFS)? Are you drives formatted EXT4?

ajaja - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from ajaja: “"Any Time Machine share points must be shared over SMB instead of AFP." ” OMV neither runs on macOS nor can cope with APFS so simply use AFP/Netatalk shares for TimeMachine as in the past. Once OMV5 is ready we can talk again about SMB shares for TimeMachine. ” Thank you. My understanding is Mac OS X has been using APFS for a few years now. OMV does not need to "cope" with or support APFS. I think the need is for OMV to support a more modern SMB service. S…

ajaja - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from merula: “All I get is an error message that the share does not support Time Machine backups. Any hints on how to investigate this issue further? ” Please let us know if you get this figured-out. I fear that OMV needs a newer version of SMB. reddit.com/r/apple/comments/53…_machine_via_smb_but_how/ developer.apple.com/library/ar…chine_SMB_Spec/index.html bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12380

ajaja - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from RPMan: “Why don't you use the AFP plugin ? ” From: support.apple.com/en-us/HT208018 --- "Any Time Machine share points must be shared over SMB instead of AFP." From: support.apple.com/en-us/HT207828 --- "AFP can’t share files on Apple File System (APFS). Apple File System (APFS) is the default file system in macOS High Sierra for Mac computers with all-flash storage. You can't opt out of the transition to APFS when you upgrade a Mac with all-flash storage to macOS High Sierra. Learn m…