Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

• cloning omv system ssd to a bigger one

nex86 - - General

Trying to clone my openmediavault ssd to a bigger one because I'm running out of space on root (/). using dd to clone it to a bigger drive didn't work. and using clonezilla gave me and error (invalid argument during seek. program terminated with error.) whats the issue here? both SSDs are connected to two Sata to USB adapters.

• I could try that too. but does it reload the configuration as well? edit: yep. works. proftpd wasn't the only service that had this issue for me. there were other services that couldn't establish an internet connection at the time there were executed. looks like this machine just takes a longer time til the connection is established.

• web interface for easy file sharing?

nex86 - - Plugins

is there a web interface as a plugin or whatever for easy filesharing from outside when others don't want to use ftp or samba or any protocols that require clients to be installed?

• I'm trying to use the scheduled jobs to run a script to fix an ftp issue.. so I tried to set it up like this: forum.openmediavault.org/index…f77037be6aaaf768ea4538e7d but when I try to execute it it fails with this error: Source Code (13 lines)any ideas? The issues I'm actually having is described here, but nobody seems to know how to fix it except for manually restarting the service: forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=219161#post219161 edit: nevermind, it somehow, just works after rebooting…

• Recycle bin

nex86 - - CIFS/SMB

I deleted around 700GB of files, I had the recycle bin enabled, which I cleared later on. Now it still shows that the drive uses over 750GB, but all the files that are on there at the moment are only 50GB. even after disabling the recycle bin for the specific share and rebooting it still shows used space of files that I can not see. nevermind, I had to delete them manually with rm -rf. there were in /sharedfolders/storage/.recycle.

• FTP won't start/buggy start

nex86 - - FTP

I'm having the same exact problem. So the issue is reported on debian bug tracker since 2014 and still not fixed to this day? Can't we just delay this script that starts proftpd so it waits until the network connection is fully established? this is probably a hacky workaround that might not even work but I'll try to add a sleep 5 to the beginning of the script in /etc/init.d/proftpd update: didn't work.

• this happened the third time today after I've been wiping my SSD and reinstalling OMV. I've been trying to set up OMV with smb, ftp, omv-extras5.14, docker and cockpit after some time it just stops responding to anything outside of my local network. meaning, I can't do apt-get update, nor install anything with apt-get. or even ping google. local network, web interface and ssh is all working. Last time I had this issue all I was using was stock OMV 5, latest update, and set up smb. no plugins. do…

• I set up and enabled ftp but on every reboot its set to enabled: green, running: red and not functional. I have to manually disable and re-enable ftp. when I first do that, I get errors like: pastebin.com/ag2KaKNk then I have to retry in order to get it running, and then it actually works.. Until I reboot I have the same issue again. how do I fix this?

• setting up SMB failed

nex86 - - CIFS/SMB

got it to work now. I think it was something odd with the filesystem so I recreated the ext4 partition.

• setting up SMB failed

nex86 - - CIFS/SMB

followed both tutorials but I just can't access any folders that I created.. youtube.com/watch?v=9VUj3tXgu8Q youtube.com/watch?v=QVm92VqCaGA

• setting up SMB failed

nex86 - - CIFS/SMB

ok update, I can't even get it to work by setting the shared folder to public.

• setting up SMB failed

nex86 - - CIFS/SMB

I want to set up a user restricted SMB folder. what I have done so far: I created users and gave them the "user" and "sambashare" group then I enabled SMB with the following settings and share options: forum.openmediavault.org/index…f77037be6aaaf768ea4538e7d forum.openmediavault.org/index…f77037be6aaaf768ea4538e7d now, when I'm on my Windows 10 PC I can see "OPENMEDIAVAULT" in the network. after entering username and password I can also browse it and see the "nas-storage" but when I try to open …

• Unable to boot OMV

nex86 - - General

update: actually got it to boot now by using rEFInd

• Unable to boot OMV

nex86 - - General

I just reinstalled OpenMediaVault on my Optiplex 3020 since I have used it with Ubuntu for a while. Now after installation it can't find any bootable media. UEFI is enabled Secureboot is disabled I forced the set up in UEFI mode since it was detecting an OS installed in legacy mode. All drives have been wiped and re initialized in GPT, so I'm guessing its counting my USB that I created with Rufus 3.8 and formatted in MBR, as always. Grub exists on the system SSD in the first fat32 partition, in …

• Virtualbox on Open Media Vault

nex86 - - Plugins

Also, just an idea.. why don't we use Oracle's official repo to install VMWare on OMV 5 ? tecadmin.net/install-virtualbox-on-debian-10-buster/ I mean I could install it, but I have no idea how to integrate it to the web interface.

• limit CPU performance?

nex86 - - General

thanks that should help a lot.

• limit CPU performance?

nex86 - - General

yea I'm runing an i5 3470 and it uses up to 80w or more on load and I don't need all the performance all the time.

• limit CPU performance?

nex86 - - General

might probably do that but I was wondering if there was a plugin to freely change this as graphical settings in the web interface. I could make one though if I knew how... how does the interface work php/css/js?

• limit CPU performance?

nex86 - - General

is there a way to limit the CPU performance for example using Intel Speedstep to limit the CPU to a minimal frequency ? I'm sure the Linux Kernel can do this by default by changing values like max_freq or governor in the systree but can this be set through the web interface? I don't really want the CPU to consume too much if I don't really need all its power for simple things like file transfer etc.. And the bios also doesn't have much options since its a Dell Optiplex, I can only enable or disa…

• Virtualbox on Open Media Vault

nex86 - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from nex86: “okay nevermind.. I see proxmox is not even free. ” Uh, yes it is. Proxmox and ESXi both have free versions. I have used both for years. ” it complains about me having no subscription when I try to run updates and says that me IP is not permitted to retrieve updates. And when I click on the link it leads me to their subscription page for yearly/monthly payments.