Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• OMV Raid on a ESXi Server for VMs

Pascal51882 - - RAID

I found some informations that make it maybe better than my first plan and easier to understand. I read that its possible to mount raw drives directly to my OMV5 VM vie RDM tumfatig.net/20120226/raw-devi…local-sata-disks-on-esxi/ So there is no vmfs filesystem on the drives and they are directly in my OMV5. My plan would than be to make a raid 5 with 3x8TB HDDs. Than share them over nfs to my ESXi as new Datastore and run on that Datastore my other VMs. What do you think of that plan? Does this …

Pascal51882 - - RAID

I would use 3x8TB HDDs so they are all the same. The other VMs would use the new Datastore which is created bei the OMV5 VM and mounted as Datastore with NFS. So they run on the OMV5 Raid technically. Its hard to describe

Pascal51882 - - RAID

Hello, I want to add to my existing Server 2 HDDs for Raid 5 with 8TB WD Reds/Ironwolfs. Currently I have only 1 and make a Backup every day. I also would like to have a Raid 5 because of the better Performance and no downtime if 1 disk fails. I dont want to spend 300€ only on a Raid controller... is the Software Raid on OMV good enough and also fast like a normal Raid 5? The plan would be: ESXi -> OMV5 VM (with Raid 5 for my NFS Datastore) -> On that Datastore I would like to have some VMs runn…

• Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam

Pascal51882 - - Network

Ich habe die markierten Beiträge durchgelesen und die Extra optionen angewendet. Leider macht es fast gar keinen Unterschied. Lediglich die 40 MB/s werden nicht mehr unterschritten. Aber dennoch haben 2 von 4 PCs 100+ MB/s und meine wichtigsten nur 40 MB/s. Eine Idee wo ich anfangen kann das Problem zu suchen? Edit: OMV habe ich mal neu aufgesetzt, da es generell mal wieder nötig war. Beim lesen habe ich jetzt ca 20 MB/s mehr und beim schreiben ca 10MB/s. Leider immer noch weit entfernt von 100 …

Pascal51882 - - Network

Ich habe mir hier schon alles mögliche durchgelesen. Nichts passt richtig zu meinem Problem. Da 2 Rechner schnellen Zugriff haben und 2 nicht wird Samba tuning wie im zweiten Link leider nicht viel bringen. Hängen alle am selben Switch und alle Kabel wurden getauscht. Dennoch werde ich mir nochmal alles genau durchlesen und testen

Pascal51882 - - Network

Hat hier echt niemand ähnliche Erfahrungen gemacht bzw. eine Lösung?

• Same Problem here with JDownloader and Plex. I deactivated all logs in Plex. I could only move the docker data folder from my HDD to my SD-Card but the SD-Card would die really fast. Would it?

Pascal51882 - - Network

Hallo zusammen, (english version below) Ich habe aktuell das Problem bei WIn 10 1803, dass meine Zugriffe sehr langsam sind. Den Regedit habe ich schon getestet aber ohne Erfolg: (Hidden Content) Ich habe gelesen die Option "Zulassen, dass für Dateien auf diesem Laufwerk Inhalte zusätzlich zu Dateieigenschaften indiziert werden" Schuld sein kann. Ich kann das aber nicht deaktivieren, da ich von OMV aus wohl keine Adminrechte habe.Wie kann ich das umgehen, bzw welche Rechte benötige ich? Mein Win…

• OMV rock64 problem with USB Hub

Pascal51882 - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Pascal51882: “I buyed from Anker a USB Hub "4-Port Ultra Slim USB 3.0 Data Hub" @Amazon. ” USB3 disks behind a hub are not the best idea (due to limitations of USB3 implementation on these ARM SoCs, limited count of so called endpoints and so on). In case you're familiar with a Linux shell you could try to provide output from 'armbianmonitor -u' but otherwise I would simply forget about the USB hub idea. The only confirmed variant for 2 USB3 disks on Rock64 is usi…

• Plugin Update Error

Pascal51882 - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Removing the backports line from /etc/apt/sources.list solved one of your problems. I highly recommend using docker for plex instead of the plugin - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced ” I found another problem. I had an old extra source list with mosquitto. I deleted the link and stopped the Plex repo. Now all seems fine. Thanks for your answer I will now use the docker but with the docker I had also some problems. Maybe its alle because …

• Plugin Update Error

Pascal51882 - - Plugins

If I try to Update my Plugins I get also an error: Source Code (1 line) Because of an other thread I updated my package list links but its still the same. My DNS is set right. Source Code (7 lines) Do you have any solution for my problems? Thanks

• Plugin Update Error

Pascal51882 - - Plugins

Hi. I want to install Plex. and get this error: Source Code (289 lines)

• OMV rock64 problem with USB Hub

Pascal51882 - - General

Hello, I use a rock64 with OMV as OS. At the moment I have 1x2TB (USB3) WD and 1x500GB (USB2) HDD connected. They are both 3,5 inch big and powered bei external PSUs. I have 2 innateck USB/Power to SATA adapter. Now I want for both drives USB3 because its way faster. I buyed from Anker a USB Hub "4-Port Ultra Slim USB 3.0 Data Hub" @Amazon. The problem is that the drives dont get detected. Sometimes even the rock64 is unreachable at all. 1 HDD spins permanent and 1 stops and starts. After time b…