Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Nas-turally: “Do I miss something or is it a bug? What should be the correct XML for 2 monthly backups? (I couldn't find the script reading and using that). ” The plugin ONLY creates a daily backup - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ackup/SystemBackup.js#L46. If you want monthly, the keep number of copies won't work. But you should create the backup and then edit the job in the Scheduled Jobs tab. Then never use the Scheduled Backup button again.

• Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Run omv-mki18ndict, Not sure if you will have to reset the web interface in the top right hand menu of the web interface.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from gett: “Don't know if this is right thread, but it will be nice to have rclone plugin ” I worked on one a long time ago and wasn't able to come up with something good. I would look at using it in docker.

• Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Translations are automated. You will need to add them here - transifex.com/openmediavault-p…/openmediavault-fail2ban/

• Quote from cadre: “This might be because this particular system doesn't use a Supermicro OEM power supply. ” I have to agree. I currently have two supermicro boards and one of them is very picky about power supplies and posting.

• Newbie with a few questions

ryecoaaron - - General

The fact that macom and myself posted almost the same post tells you a lot

• Newbie with a few questions

ryecoaaron - - General

1 - You should use OMV 5 for an RPI4 - guide - but you should really think about why you want raid (provides availability and redundancy not backup) on a system that has no availability or redundancy features. You cannot create a Raid array on USB drives using the OMV web interface. There is a reason for that. Raid on usb drives is a terrible idea. 2 - Sure but keep it on the SD card. I have run systems for years on sd cards as long as the flashmemory plugin is installed (guide above does that a…

• Quote from rotepeter: “please answer in German ” I guess I can't help then... But since I can use google translate, so can you. Quote from rotepeter: “Is there a manual or tutorial? ” While I would install OMV 5.x fresh using the guide, you should be able to update your current image (assuming it is OMV 4.x) and just plug the sd card and drives in the RPi4.

• Most motherboards will beep or show a different number on an led on the motherboard when something is wrong. Looking at the motherboard manual for your board, it should be beeping.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Huberer: “I guess yes. You can see it here that updates are still made. You're right the repo for the virtualbox is a one man show. It's not fix if there're updates in the future or not. ” I don't actively follow the repo but when I looked about six months ago, there had only been a few commits in the last year and none to support the virtualbox 6.x. Maybe that is better now but this support is still spotty.

• UnionFS VS MergerFS

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from pr0ndigy: “And pleeeeease don't get rid of UnionFS. It works perfect for what i'm doing. And i am an extreme noob! So it works ” The folders would work too. Insert of pooling disks D1, D2 in a pool, you would add the folders /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1 and /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d2 (or maybe just /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*).

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Huberer: “But with adding the repos it was very easy. ” I know. omv-extras used to add the virtualbox repo. That is how I know what a nightmare it is using it. Quote from Huberer: “also found that someone is supporting an unofficial repo for Virtualbox for Debian 10. ” I saw that and thought about it but I don't want to count on that repo being maintained plus phpvirtualbox isn't really actively maintained anymore.

• Quote from gderf: “The SnapRAID plugin doesn't own the configuration file. However, any changes you make by hand to the configuration file might get removed if you use the plugin again. If you don't need the plugin, uninstall it. ” The config would be updated if you installed an update to the plugin as well.

• Quote from jollyrogr: “I configure mergerfs by hand in /etc/fstab as well due to plugin only configuring on the drive level, not the share level. ” The mergerfsfolders plugin allows you to pool any folders now. Quote from jollyrogr: “I don't think it's possible to configure snapraid by hand since the plugin owns the configuration file? So i just use the plugin to make configuration changes - all other snapraid administration is done via terminal. ” That is true. The plugin would overwrite any ch…

• Quote from Tom_G_2010: “Am I not understanding it correctly or barking up the wrong tree? ” Raid 1 is mirroring but there are better options for low end equipment like an RPi. A scheduled rsync that runs hourly that syncs one drive to the other should be good enough to protect you. It is actually better in some situations - if you delete a huge directory, you could disable the rsync before it syncs to the other drive. If you were using raid 1, it would be gone instantly.

• Pi 3B+ install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from geaves: “OK don't understand this copy and paste the line from omv-extras.org I get the above, copy and paste the line from github it works ” They do different things. The cut&paste from omv-extras ONLY install omv-extras on an existing OMV install. The cut&paste from your github link will install OMV AND omv-extras. I updated the omv-extras home page to clarify this.

• UnionFS VS MergerFS

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from pr0ndigy: “Can someone give me a simple TL;DR on the differences and benefits of each? ” Did you read the description? They both obviously use mergerfs but mergerfsfolders pools folders while unionfilesystems pools drives. I created a new plugin for mergerfsfolders because I didn't like a lot of the legacy code involved with unionfilesystems. I would like to get rid of the unionfilesystems plugin but it is much easier for noobs. So, I didn't

• 5.0.5 - Is this beta?

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

5.0.1 was beta. The current 5.3.2 release would be a a release candidate in my opinion.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Huberer: “is there a chance to get Virtualbox working under OMV v5? ” If you download the installer from virtualbox's repo, it will work fine. Quote from Huberer: “It looks like that this is the first "Server OS" without the possibility to run virtual machines besides OMV ” OMV is not an OS. OMV is Debian and OMV does nothing to prevent running virtual machines. kvm still works very well and omv-extras even provides a way to install cockpit for a web interface to kvm. You could use vi…

• Quote from Tom_G_2010: “Is that RAID/USB issue related to the PI USB and/or OMV or is it a broader issue? ” It isn't related to the RPi or OMV. It is a terrible idea to use raid on usb disks anywhere. And since the RPi can only use usb disks, raid shouldn't be used on it. Quote from Tom_G_2010: “Is that hardware RAID subject to the same RAID/USB issue or is its implementation in the drive bay device somehow outside or beyond the issue referenced in the OMV documentation? ” While a usb raid enclo…