Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 399.

• Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery

henfri - - General

Yes. Working in a Copy Always makes Sense. So If you can, die a ddrescue First. I am really surprised that you have four damaged Drives at the Same time.

henfri - - General

I mean only the steps of the last posts, e.g. of post 188 of yours combined with what I wrote in 189

henfri - - General

You had two broken drives. We have now worked on the original and the copy of one. Please connect all the drives and do a Source Code (1 line) You will get something like Source Code (9 lines) That should help you identify the drives. But also please post the output here. Can you please repeat (all) the steps that we last did on the other broken drive(s)? When mounting, please use these options: Source Code (1 line)After mounting, in addition to what you did before please also show me the output…

• [HowTo] WireGuard with OMV Super-Easy

henfri - - General

Hello, if running on OMV5, you could - remove the install-related commands form my script - install wireguard manually - use my script to create the configuration That could help in case you have doubts creating the configuration files yourself or by the plugin. Greetings, Hendrik

henfri - - General

Hello, openmediavault may automatically mount the btrfs-drives. But we want to mount with the options recovery,nospace_cache,clear_cache, So, if omv mounts automatically, you need to unmount and mount manually with the options. Then you need to do an Source Code (1 line) to see if the data is there. Also you need to run the dmesg command Source Code (1 line)If the data is not there, we need to see what is wrong: Source Code (3 lines)When completed Source Code (3 lines) All this you can repeat on…

henfri - - General

You did not try to mount (which I wrote) and scrub (which I did not write). Can you try that please? What do you mean by SnapRaid drive? There are two types: Data and Parity. Are we working on the Parity or Data? In any case, we can also try the other drive (if we are now on Parity, then we would do the data-drive now). You can try to mount it with the recovery option(s) and see with ls if there is data on it. If you do, please show me the output of dmesg -T| tail after mounting. Greetings, Hend…

henfri - - General

Hello, hm... you can try the same again on the original: mount with the two options btrfs check btrfs info Greetings, Hendrik

henfri - - General

Yes, you Need to umount

henfri - - General

Did we Run btrfs check /dev/sda yet?

henfri - - General

Never mind. Only saw your 2nd post

henfri - - General

And dmesg?

henfri - - General

1. umount /dev/sda entered in the commandline 2. Perform: "mount -t btrfs -o recovery,nospace_cache,clear_cache /dev/sda /srv/test" 3. Perform: "btrfs scrub start /srv/test" 4. dmesg as before

henfri - - General

Well done. But not really what I hoped for. Source Code (1 line)? Try unmounting and then try the Second command and a scrub.

henfri - - General

Quote from curious1: “In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so. ” dmesg| tail does no harm. You can always do that. We have used a bad syntax. Try Source Code (5 lines) Then Quote from curious1: “Should I change to the original drive and try the "btrfs filesystem show /dev/sda"? ” Yes. You can also try the two commands above with the original. But we will continue working on the copy. Greetings, Hendrik

henfri - - General

Quote from curious1: “Label: 'sdadisk1' uuid: fdce5ae5-fd6d-46b9-8056-3ff15ce9fa16 Total devices 1 FS bytes used 384.00KiB devid 1 size 931.51GiB used 2.04GiB path /dev/sda ” If you do the same with the original: Is the output the same? Quote from curious1: “I'm guessing that somewhere along the line, I didn't get this thing properly formatted and/or ddrescued or something. Seems like I might need to start that process over, although I can see from the "show" that 2.04GiB have been used on that …

• I think that that is still a good solution. Thanks!

henfri - - General

Hello Steve, sorry, that was a copy&paste problem. I have edited that post. You can do B) first (because you do not have to change the drives) and if that does not bring back the data you do A). Also, I would like to see Source Code (1 line) For both drives. You can do that during the course of A and B. It does not matter when you do that. You once posted the output of one of the drives (I think the copy) Source Code (3 lines) If you properly copied the drive with ddrescue, the output for the or…

henfri - - General

Hello, I am really surprised... The drive seems to be empty. Are you sure you never created an empty btrfs filesystem on this disk? Otherwise I would suspect that the ddrescue failed and we just see your manually created old filesystem We can do two things now (it's just a question of Order): Option A) put back in the original failed drive and do Source Code (1 line) And Source Code (1 line) Please show the output of Source Code (1 line) And Source Code (1 line) Option B) On the current (copied)…

henfri - - General

Do do you see any of the other drives in Windows ober the Network? We need a better way to get the complete log files... If not can you please install in Windows MobaXterm and connect with that to your open Media vault machine? It will on the left side Show files that are on the Open Media vault machine and you can copy them on your Windows machine by drag and drop. Greetings Hendrik

henfri - - General

You you executed this command, right? Source Code (1 line)Please show the output of Source Code (1 line)And Source Code (1 line)