Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Acer AC100

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Gravel_Pit: “it'll do it's updates that way then I can just unplug the dongle and run it wired? ” yes if it is supported by the kernel. Try it.

• Quote from thedarkness: “OMV does not pick up the updated package. ” Debian not OMV but 7.1-1 is in backports but not pinned. It will be installed if you install proxmox kernel as well since 7.1 is in the proxmox repo. You can install from buster-backports with: apt-get install -t buster-backports smartmontools=7.1-1~bpo10+1

• Acer AC100

ryecoaaron - - General

Which version of Ubuntu? What kernel versions have you tried for Ubuntu or Debian? My thought is that OMV 5.x will enable backports by default and fully updating the install on another system will get you the 5.4 kernel. It that kernel doesn't detect the NIC, you will have to compile a driver. But, some drivers may not support a kernel that new. As for compiling, luckily I wrote a script to compile this kernel a long time ago when e1000e wasn't supported in any kernel. I just modified it for the…

• The armbian utilities don't always do things that agree with OMV methods. I would use this guide to re-install - forum.openmediavault.org/index…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/

• Quote from Shinobi: “is there something i can install and test within OMV? ” Not that can really do as good as a job as memtest+.

• Quote from blinky: “I chose 5.0.5 because at sourceforge it said latest download version is 4.1.22 but then it has 5.0beta, 5.0.1beta, and 5.0.5 which doesn't say beta so I thought the "download latest version" might be outdated. (I don't see a 5.3.2 anywhere) ” A new ISO isn't generated with every update of OMV. So, the first thing I generally recommend after installing is to fully update the system. So, 5.0.5 is the latest ISO. Quote from blinky: “I don't see how it could be the HDD. ” You are…

• Quote from Shinobi: “Which example is correct (if any)? "/dev/sda" or "/sharedfolders/tvshows" or "/dev/disk-by-label/WDRed1" ” /dev/sda is the device /sharedfolders/... is a bind mount to the mountpoint /dev/disk-by-lable... is the mount point.

• Maybe the nvme drive is getting hot (especially when the system is under load?) and doing bad things? Otherwise, I would go back to the ram check.

• Quote from Shinobi: “Would it make sense to disable it temporarily for testing? ” Definitely not. If smart isn't working, you may have a tougher time diagnosing this.

• Quote from mn124700: “Wondering what people think the pros and cons are of this. Anyone doing it the way I am? ” I run OMV on a few Proxmox (kvm) installs and it works very well. This thread started because people wanted to run kvm on OMV without virtualizing OMV because it makes the storage situation easier.

• Quote from Shinobi: “Any ideas how I could check it? ” SMART. And I would check the ram again. Are you running the flashmemory plugin? nvme or not, it still has limited writes.

• Wow, I should avoid this thread because it is going nowhere but I want to clear up a few things... You can use OMV without an internet connection (although I wouldn't because updates are important). Using OMV 5.0.5 is probably not what I would use since there are like 10 version updates since 5.0.5 that fix bugs (OMV 5.0.5 is a beta release, 5.3.2 is current). That said, I've never seen a system that waited to start php-fpm until root logged. There is no relationship between those two things. I …

• I would make sure your os disk (is it flashmemory?) isn't failing and check your ram.

• Rsnapshot change start time

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from no_jah: “Then perhaps one option would be to first copy /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsnapshot to some other folder and then edit lines 48-52, and then have a scheduled job copy it back to /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/ and overwrite the rsnapshot file in case it has ben updated? Or maybe that will just mess things up? ” You would only need to update it when there is a plugin update. I'm hoping to not update any OMV 4.x plugins again. So, you may never have to worry about it. M…

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from no_jah: “I found these two files /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot and /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot, will none of them make rsnapshot run at the specified times? ” Yes but as I mentioned previously, changing those will not be a permanent change. Any change to the plugin will overwrite your changes. The most permanent way you can change it on OMV 4.x is to change the code in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsnapshot - lines 48-52. Any plugin update will overwrite this change though.

• How did you set a static ip initially? How did you install OMV 5.x?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from no_jah: “Is there anyway to change when Rsnapshot start running? ” Not in a permanent way for the OMV 4.x version of the plugin. For OMV 5.x, I added a start hour variable (OMV_RSNAPSHOT_STARTING_HOUR) that can be set in /etc/default/openmediavault

• Acer AC100

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Gravel_Pit: “Any other thoughts before I toss it in the bin? ” Install OMV 5.x on a different system and fully update it. Perhaps install the proxmox kernel from the omv-extras kernel tab as well. Then put the drive you installed OMV on in the AC100 and see if it boots. There really is no reason Linux shouldn't work on this system. May require a few bios tweaks too.

• Quote from Nas-turally: “Do I miss something or is it a bug? What should be the correct XML for 2 monthly backups? (I couldn't find the script reading and using that). ” The plugin ONLY creates a daily backup - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ackup/SystemBackup.js#L46. If you want monthly, the keep number of copies won't work. But you should create the backup and then edit the job in the Scheduled Jobs tab. Then never use the Scheduled Backup button again.

• Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Run omv-mki18ndict, Not sure if you will have to reset the web interface in the top right hand menu of the web interface.