Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from henfri: “RAID IS NOT A BACKUP. I think IT IS Wörth repeating. ” I always point to that thread to try and point that out. Data Loss is Data Loss, but 15tb, much of it he will not be able to recover elsewhere? I'd be sick.

• First and foremost... RAID IS NOT A BACKUP! You have to decide if your data is important, if it is, you need to properly back it up. Software can have errors, user mistakes, programmer errors, multiple drive failures, etc. Never trust a RAID for backup. But no, you don't really need to run a RAID if you don't want to. emby.media/community/index.php…deleted-all-of-my-movies/ ext4 is fine.

• Quote from Adoby: “How I use Heimdall: I don't. Instead I have a folder called "local" with shortcuts in Firefox. Synced between my Firefox installs. ” That's what I do... but honestly, I still have Heimdall... and it's bookmarked there...lol.

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from KM0201: “I'm assuming I'd have to go through and adjust all my paths in my dockers, but that would be no big deal. ” Probably not. If your paths were based on by-partuuid or by-uuid those would still be valid ” Hmm I'll have to take a look at it in a bit (fights are on).

• Quote from gett: “Quote from KM0201: “How? ” Source Code (1 line)list the label, if prompt is eptpty, you do not have labels Source Code (1 line)Label /dev/sda1 "system" In my case, I have to use /dev/sda2 ” I can't believe I never bothered to Google that (I'd just found the answer prior to your post)...

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from KM0201: “Not required... but very handy for sure. My data drives do not have labels. It was really just an oversight on my part, but I've considered formatting my drives and adding a label. ” You don't need to format a filesystem to add a label. You can do this anytime for ext2, ext3 and ext4 with e2label. ” How? I tried to do it from the webUI and it doesn't seem to allow this.. never really looked at doing it via command line. I'm assuming I'd have to go through a…

• Quote from Agricola: “Quote from KM0201: “When you create a filesystem, giving it a "label" is one of the options.. Go to FIlesystems, click create, and you'll see the label option. Now look in the webUI under filesystems, and one of the columns is "Label". ” I thought that was required, not optional. I didn't think the filesystems would work without a label. Besides, who wouldn't want an easy to remember label. ” Not required... but very handy for sure. My data drives do not have labels. It was…

• Quote from Huberer: “Quote from KM0201: “If you use filesystem labels, ” Sorry, what do you understand by that. Would you be so kind and post an example. Thanks in advance ” If you don't label your filesystem, the paths you'll need to use are quite long... /srv/dev-uuid-some-long-ass-number/folder-name if you label it, your path will be /srv/dev-uuid-label/folder-name. When you create a filesystem, giving it a "label" is one of the options.. Go to FIlesystems, click create, and you'll see the la…

• Quote from gett: “Quote from draddy: “how often you need the compose files ” When I created a post, I want to reinstall my OMV 4 server and install OMV 5. I need yml files for backup purposes. At the end, I start from scratch. But anyway, it's nice backup opportunity to have your yml files somewhere, just to reduce typing I am old copy-paste guy ” Although I made mine manually... I've got about 15 docker-compose files for this exact reason. When I did a reinstall, I had my server back up in no t…

• Silent NAS Case

KM0201 - - My NAS Build

I've always found the biggest issue with noise, was the PSU. Even the cheapest case, as long as the PSU is of reasonable quality, they've been relatively quiet. Larger fans, moving slow/medium speed... less noise.

• Quote from elvincent: “i set the dns previously, but for whatever reason it was cleared out, but i set it again and same issue. ” Well that sounds like it's the problem.

• Should I still use EXT4 or not?

KM0201 - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KM0201: “Maybe "official" is a better word than native. First, Don't take this personally, this isn't a criticism of your work, this is just a personal opinion. Of course I've not seen it happen with stable releases. Truthfully, it's just something I've always been concerned about when using plugins for file systems. What happens (hypothetically) if in OMV 7, or 8, or whatever.. you decide to drop the plugins supporting those file systems? Then I'm just right b…

• Quote from elvincent: “not that i know of, was running 5.x fine, had a few dockers running for a couple weeks, then tried to install duckdns through portainer and was getting can't find image. then plex wasn't getting internet connection and couldn't install again. Then reinstalled omv and same thing, dockers won't install. I'll try re-installing again, if same error, probably go back to 4.x. Thanks for assistance ” This seems to suggest it might be a DNS issue... github.com/docker/for-mac/issue…

KM0201 - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KM0201: “No I don't. I have no issue w/ people who want to use them, it's just a preference that I'd rather use a file system that has native support. See the issue that occurred with mergerfs this past weekend. ” I honestly don't know what native support means. Native filesystems are using the exact same code as the plugins to add support for a filesystem to OMV. And the mergerfs issue was caused by a change to OMV not the plugin. And this happened to an unrel…

KM0201 - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KM0201: “I'm just not a huge fan of using plugin for a filesystem.. I'd rather just use whatever is officially supported. ” Why? Do you use mergerfs? Adding support for a "normal" Linux filesystem is much different than adding support for zfs or luks if that is making you think a plugin is not that great. ” No I don't. I have no issue w/ people who want to use them, it's just a preference that I'd rather use a file system that has native support. See the issue …

KM0201 - - General

Quote from thedarkness: “Guys, thank you all for the information you provided. I'm sorry to resume such an old discussion, but somebody on Reddit just blew my mind telling me that BTRFS could be the only filesystem supported from OMV6, but I found little information other than this Github issue opened by Votdev itself. Do you really think this is going to happen? This would break the vast majority if not ALL OMV installs! It sounds scary. ” I honestly don't.see where this is that big of a deal. …

• I have no idea what that error message means, never saw that one. Are you running a firewall of some sort that may be blocking docker?

• Newbie install

KM0201 - - General

Not edit Do you see any file systems? If not, that is the problem. You can't create a share w/o a file system. Assuming you didn't... Click File system, click Create, Choose a drive from the drop down and a file system type Click OK. When it's done, click the new file system and click Mount. Now go to Shared Folders, click Add... and you'll be able to Add shares to that file system.

• Newbie install

KM0201 - - General

Did you put a file system on the drives (assuming they are new).. and then mount the file system?

• That is weird. 1. Create a "portainer" folder in your appdata folder. 2. Make sure docker-compose is installed (apt install docker-compose) 3. touch docker-compose.yml 4. nano docker-compose.yml 5. Copy/paste the contents of this pastebin into the docker-compose file... pastebin.com/XRXzRA01 6. Use the arrow keys to go down to the "APP DATA" section under volumes, and put the entire path to your portainer folder in app data (ie.. /srv/some_uuid/appdata/portainer) 7. Cntrl X, then Y and enter to …