Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 280.

• glad it worked. Also using linux shell commands is very fast and clean way to delete / move / copy (but do it carefully)

• if you are really sure you can delete the old data, I suggest you do it from the cmd/shell (SSH) using the command - sudo rm -rf /path/to/folder but be very careful to delete the correct folder. you can do a lot of damage with the rm command A good tip is to use command - sudo ls /path/to/folder as this just lists the files/folders at the location. Once you are sure you have the correct path them you can use the rm command. If you are worried about this DO NOT use the rm command...

• In OMV 4 I like how syslog is rotated and HUPed every day at 12am In OMV 5 I notice this is not happening on my new install of OMV 5 on rock64 / Armbian buster kernel 5.4 Looking at syslog, I noticed that logrotate had some issues and was failing - see entries below Feb 11 00:00:10 rock64 logrotate[28075]: error: monit:9 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes) Feb 11 00:00:10 rock64 logrotate[28075]: error: openmediavault-rsync:1 duplicate log entry for /var/log…

• NEWBIE question anyone patient...

jata1 - - General

or maybe root access is disabled in the ssh settings. You can change this via the OMV GUI - under services

• thanks. I have tried that a few times but this persists after a restart (for me)...

• Hi all, I have completed a new/clean install of OMV5 on my rock64 board. I'm running latest OMV 5.3.0-1 on the latest Linux 5.4 Armbian Buster image. Generally it is working really well so big thanks to the devs and contributors. I have noticed one small issue where the FTP service starts on boot even when the service is disabled through the OMV GUI. Looks like monit thinks it should be enabled / started even if it is disabled in the GUI settings. Relevant log entries below... Any help appreciat…

• salt on OMV5

jata1 - - General

Thanks. I think there will be some users with RPI etc. that will have an issue with OMV 5 - in terms of performance - when applying setting changes. I suppose if you let users know this is expected behaviour then it might be ok... Is there anything that can take place in the background so users don't need to wait or is this too much of a change? Or even display some 'status' of activity on the form so users don't think it has crashed? For me this is a small issue and OMV5 is working great on my …

• thanks. I have created an issue in GitHub.

• Yes. I have tried clearing cache. Same issue on all my mac's forgot to say that I have had this issue for a long time over a year I think.

• This issue impacts both OMV4 and OMV5. Looks like the issue is specific to safari. the titles render fine in chrome on my Mac see example attached.

• salt on OMV5

jata1 - - General

Thanks all. Interesting topic. I use OMV on a low powered boards (eg rock64) so the difference between OMV4 and OMV5 is massive when changing the config via the GUI. Once setup, I don’t change my config much but for users that do I can see this being a problem. @votdev when/where is websocket comm on the roadmap?

• salt on OMV5

jata1 - - General

I am testing OMV5 and I did notice quite a lot of 'salt' stuff and I assumed this was something new in Buster but I now think it is specific to OMV5. I wanted to find out a little bit more about how how salt is being used in OMV5 and if it is something I need to get more familiar with. I have done a quick google and tried a salt command but the salt-master package is not installed on OMV5 which surprised me. Is there anything that folks here can share in terms of how/why salt is being used in OM…

• Thanks for the quick answer. So nothing can be done about this on my rock64 - just a consequence of salt and I need to be patient while changes apply. One other thing looks strange - in the GUI dashboard page, memory use is very low at 0.1% (this is more like 12% on OMV4).

• Hi all, I have been testing OMV5 on rock64 using the latest Armian Buster/Server image - armbian.com/rock64/#kernels-archive-all Working well so massive thanks to all devs and contributors! - Great work @votdev and others! There does seem to be a general issue as it takes a couple of minutes to apply (after save) any change via the GUI. I noticed that when doing the save/apply the python3 command/process hits the CPU at 100% during the apply/save. I have reproduced this issue on every install wi…

• Backup strategy from mac to OMV NAS

jata1 - - General

Im happy with my rock64. Works well and have a RPI3 for redundant backup of the rock - so no immediate need for a new RPI4... Thanks for the tips regarding TM. The only issue with TM to a NAS directly is that it is quite slow when you need to find/recover a file. That's why I wanted TM to backup to internal HD (good performance) and then back this up to a NAS. I see the advantage of your suggestion is that I can TM both the SSD and HD at the same time if I use the NAS as the destination. Thanks …

jata1 - - General

Thanks @tkaiser that's helpful. Is there anyway to 'copy' a TM backup from a HD on my mac to a NAS? I think this would be my ideal solution. 1. TM backup from SSD to internal HD on my Mac 2. Some way of doing an incremental backup of the TM backup to a NAS (redundancy) I'm thinking that if I create a seperate partition / disk on my Mac HD for the TM backup. then use Getbackup to clone this disk to my NAS. Thoughts? BTW - have seen that the new RPI 4 is out and even you say it is a decent upgrade…

jata1 - - General

I am trying to setup a simple local backup strategy for my home network/config and wanted to get some tips and ideas. I think I have most of the config setup - just need some help with the strategy/approach. This is my setup: Mac mini - main server / computer. wired to network. has internal SSD (macOS - APFS) + 2TB internal storage (DATA - Mac OS extended) Rock64 - primary NAS (OMV4). wired to network. 3TB storage (2 disks as single drive using btrfs) thanks @tkaiser for instruction on how to se…

• OMV can't stop samba spamming to syslog

jata1 - - General

@tkaiser - thanks. I have done this already as a work-a-round as you have shown me this type of fix before So syslog is better but I'm thinking there must be a bug somewhere that is causing this.

jata1 - - General

After a bit more research I can confirm it is nmbd that continues to write to the syslog even after logging is set to none. smbd does stop logging when I change to logging level to none. below are some of the entries. The same items are logged every 5 mins. nmbd[2170]: [2019/06/05 18:26:33.742248, 0] ../source3/nmbd/nmbd_namequery.c:109(query_name_response) nmbd[2170]: query_name_response: Multiple (2) responses received for a query on subnet 192.168.xxxx for name WORKGROUP<1d>. nmbd[2170]: This…

jata1 - - General

Hi all, I have a strange issue on OMV 4 (latest) on my rock64 (arm64) where samba is writing lots of messages to the syslog but I have logging set to None in the Samba settings. I have checked the settings in smb.conf and they look correct and the settings file changes when I make changes to the logging level - but I still get the same level of logging to syslog. It's not a big issue just annoying. Is there some other setting (or another conf file) that is overriding the setting? Any thoughts/he…