Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Retrieving data after OS disk failure

geaves - - General

Quote from slogorn: “I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how I could retrieve the data from my NAS. ” It's still there, there is nothing to retrieve, you have done a clean install so you will have to set up your shares again and any users and permissions.

• Port number for Portainer

geaves - - Docker

Quote from sabamimi: “"Where should i do this modification in OVM5 ?" ” Login to portainer select it and click stop, the Portainer GUI will disappear (I've done that by accident on my OMV5 test machine) ssh into OMV as root then run the command as above, this will deploy and start a new Portainer container, then from a browser http://<your server ip>:9001 this will start the new portainer GUI using port 9001. Once you are logged into the new GUI you can safely delete the old portainer running po…

geaves - - Docker

As a footnote, you'll need to set the Squeezebox container restart policy to always and check the permissions on the config folder, I ended up by setting mine to 777 and set gid on the group as well, so 2777 I kept getting a permissions error in the log.

geaves - - Docker

Quote from sabamimi: “so yes the container will start OK but the Radio (hardware) will never "see" the server. ” Ok this is where you are going to have educate the uneducated a quick google points me to a discontinued Squeezebox Radio, if that is what you you referencing now it makes sense But, and this is a big BUT, to change Portainers port you would have to stop it then delete it, or just stop it, then redeploy from the command line something like this docker run -d -p 9001:9000 -v /var/run/d…

geaves - - Docker

Quote from sabamimi: “Thanks for your answer: ” You're welcome, see my post 5

geaves - - Docker

forum.openmediavault.org/index…22d97848edcbb03aed28e83aa squeezebox login running on my OMV4 host port :9001 output from the container log; [20-02-18 09:48:43.7228] Slim::Web::HTTP::openport (169) Can't setup the listening port 9000 for the HTTP server: Illegal seek, [20-02-18 09:48:43.7239] Slim::Web::HTTP::openport (186) Previously configured port 9000 was busy - we're now using port 9001 instead

geaves - - Docker

OK, port 9000 is for the GUI if you redirect it or bind it to another port on the host then it should work but then perhaps this might help as this is suggesting to 'bind' the portainer port to another port on the host. After all portainer is in itself a container.

geaves - - Docker

Quote from sabamimi: “The reason I would like to free 9000 is to use it for the Squeezebox (logitech) container that need a 9000 port (hard coded value). ” My understanding is it's irrelevant as you can 'bind' the container port to a port on the host so say Squeezebox 9001:9000 -> outside:inside.

• MACVLAN Issues

geaves - - Docker

Quote from ozboss: “So the question is does anybody know what is handeling the MACVLAN driver, is it Linux/Raspbian, OMV or Docker? ” Docker, if you look in docker docs there's quite a section on networking.

• RAID 5 failure. All drives missing

geaves - - RAID

Quote from massimi72: “Those disks are 10 years old... the may want to rest ... in the bin ” I would think so

geaves - - RAID

Or it could simply be a cable.

geaves - - RAID

The ata errors might be related to one of the ports failing, ata7? if you have one, there might be some information in the sys log, or you may find that you get hard drives issues from the port one of the drive is connected too.

geaves - - RAID

You're full of surprises try fsck /dev/md127

geaves - - RAID

Quote from massimi72: “Great, it is rebuilding ” Good, now when it's finished I'll need the drive reference of the drive that has the SMART error (red dot) so /dev/sd? with the ? being the drive letter reference.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from massimi72: “mdadm: /dev/sde does not appear to be an md device ” That's interesting, it seems because you have removed the drive and rebooted it's removed itself from the array OK Storage -> Disks select /dev/sde, click wipe and from the dialog click short, this will wipe the drive, once completed, Raid Management -> Click on the Raid and select Recover from the menu, a dialog will come up which should show /dev/sde, select it and click ok, the array should now sync/rebuild with the a…

geaves - - RAID

Quote from massimi72: “Hi, now the 4 drives are all physically connected (only 3 mounted as raid) but one of them has the red flag on SMART ” If you going to give me information it has to detailed, contain references to the specific drives, in post 6 the raid could not be assembled with 4 drives due to a missing superblock on /dev/sde, this is confirmed by the output from post 11. So what's the output of lsblk and the output of mdadm --detail /dev/sde

geaves - - RAID

So the drive (that's the physical drive) you have removed for the system is /dev/sde, to confirm lsblk if so do you have a drive to replace it.

• Rpi4 + OMV5 + PiHole via Portainer

geaves - - Docker

Quote from limac: “Anyways, I agree the easiest way is dedicate a Pi for this purpose. ” it's a lot less hassle and it's easier to setup and configure unbound.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from massimi72: “It does, but when I start copying the dat out the system gen stuck and the raid disappear ” Did I say anything about copying the data off, one of the four drives is missing superblock, if that's the failing then it needs replacing and there is a procedure for doing that. Quote from massimi72: “I then switched off and on again. I needed to disconnect the faulty disk otherwise the system didn't start. At the second trial this is the ” Then you have probably lost your data!!!…

geaves - - RAID

Assemble it with just 3 drives, should come up clean/degraded; mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcd]