Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• Boinc on your home server?

BTech - - Off-Topic

macom - in all my years of using Docker, I never knew that .. very cool .. thank you!

• How to install BOINC properly?

BTech - - Docker

Adoby - thank you! Yep that was it. I totally didn't know oDroid XU4 was 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Not that it matters overall, I suppose. But I was loading the 64-bit ARM version in Docker as opposed to 32-bit. WHY the Docker "automatic" mode didn't pick 32-bit, I don't know. But after making that change, it fired right up and my oDroid is happily contributing to finding E.T.

• Running BOINC or Folding@Home on OMV

BTech - - General

Hi everyone - Adamradocz - you said your Docker image was merged with the BOINC repository - I looked on the linked site but, how does one configure it (on a noob level?) under OMV? What options do I put where, etc? I got pretty close, as I posted in a different thread, but it keeps restarting on its own and kicking out an "exec" error in the logs. I am sure I missed something on my end. Thanks for any suggestions and fixes! Have a great day!

• Boinc on your home server?

BTech - - Off-Topic

Hi everyone - WarHawk8080 it looks like you are running it native as opposed to under Docker, I have an oDroid XU4 and it is running OMV v4(.x) but I am having a whale of a time translating "raw" Docker config into OMV Docker? TechnoDadLife, I've watched all your tutorials on pretty much every OMV Docker thing you've done but I can't get this one to stick. Any ideas, ladies and gents? Thanks so much

• How to install BOINC properly?

BTech - - Docker

Hi everyone - Prrrrobbbably a simple answer but I am having trouble installing BOINC under Docker in OMV. I keep getting 'standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"' when I run the Docker, and it constantly restarts. Using this link hub.docker.com/r/boinc/client#…-savvy-boinc-client-usage which seems to say you would use the following docker commands (in a non-OMV environment): docker run -d \ --name boinc \ --net=host \ --pid=host \ -v /opt/appdata/boinc:/var/lib/b…

• containerd.io not updating?

BTech - - Docker

Hi everyone - So I decided to run the OMV Admin webpage "Update Management" section today, and ran into an issue with containerd.io. It gives me a 404 error, refuses to update just that entry. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --download-only --reinstall install 'containerd.io' 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...Building dependency…

• Hi everyone - So this is the basic issue I'm having. My searching has come up semi-empty. I am trying to use SFTP (though FTP would be fine also, I can't seem to get it to work, just SFTP, but that's probably another issue for another thread) via FileZilla Windows client and something is speed-capping each individual thread, upload and download. Every file I upload, is speed-capped at 150kB/sec. Every file I download, is also speed-capped at 150kB/sec. Interesting bit is, EVERY file is speed-cap…

• Hi everyone - So I am doing a massive restore of one drive to another via rSync. 4 terabytes of movie files, ISOs of installs, basically the whole archive of my home existence, including backups of my Windows machine. There is no time-remaining estimate that I can find (or can someone point me to a command that would guesstimate that in an rSync?), but I am guessing at 70 megabytes a second it will probably take a day or so? I would like to look in on the process from time to time. I can use the…

• Hi all - Subject sort-of says it all .. for all of my mounted drives, Performance Statistics say "nan B" for the hour, day and week views, but month and year have data and display okay. Is there something I can do to trigger proper (re)generation? I did click Refresh and it updates the month and year graphs, but all others say "nan B." Timezone is ok, and no other errors I can see in the logs. It's nice to have some info, but if I can get full graphs on each panel that would be even better. Than…

• Hi everyone - I tried searching around on the forums but couldn't seem to get very far, probably because I'm not sure what to type into the Search field. TL;DR is I have OMV4 and its installed Plex plugin running okay, but when I try to open a Plex Plugin (Comedy Central, Paramount, BBC, and others) the clip list displays but no clips will play. iPhone Plex client says "Couldn't create the playback session for this item" and my LG-TV Plex client simply says "Error opening [item]." I have a feeli…

• (TL;DR - I seem to have screwed up my network settings on my oDroid OMV, I am out of town but have a friend who can type commands into my local box directly at the house keyboard, how do I reset networking and other parts of OMV / Plex / SSH to factory locally, not using the web GUI which I can't get into, and without reformatting the microSD card? Thank you so much!) Hi all - So I recently tried to watch a movie via the OMV Plex plugin while I was away from home, and it said I was in "limited b…

• Hi everyone - So I am starting to delve further into OMV on my oDroid XU4. I installed the Union Filesystem plugin on v3, and was able to partially create a mount point in the Union Filesystem panel. Consisting of two hfsplus formatted drives (which may be the issue by itself; that's why I'm asking here). Settings are "defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino," Most free space, 4G minimum. I am currently in a loop where I receive the following error message: "Failed to execute command 'export PATH…