Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

• MiniDLNA transcoding ??

klorinczi - - Plugins

How about readymedia-transcode? Description: "My personal development branch of ReadyMedia (AKA minidlna) with added transcoding support. Various small fixes are included too." bitbucket.org/stativ/readymedia-transcode/src/transcode/

• It is not available on the Hourly dialog... This should be fixed. See screenshot.

• Cron job to be executed every X hours

klorinczi - - General

I need to configure the cron to execute a job every X hours. Unfortunately the GUI allows only hourly, daily execution, but not every X hours. I can set the cron.d file openmediavault-userdefined to use */2 but in this case cron is not executed at all. Could be possible to add the "every X hours" feature into the GUI? Thanks, Konrad Lorinczi

• I plan to upgrade from OMV 3.x to OMV 4.x. Is there a script, which analyses the currently used plugins and lists those which are not compatible with OMV 4.x?

• I get "Unexpected size change at file" error messages in cron email from coming from SnapRaid Sync for a lot files, which is changing often. Source Code (12 lines)How to avoid getting SnapRaid sync error messages for often changing files?

• Shared folder permission problem

klorinczi - - General

I did set the /srv/12345678/home/ directory permissions as following, but still can not access: forum.openmediavault.org/index…86030b0b5e6936e3163d6e391

klorinczi - - General

Unfortunately I get the same result if I use the WebUI ACL dialog. I checked myuser to have RW permission. Also did set "myuser" as owner with RWX, and "users" as group with RWX, and "none" as others permission. Applied Recursively. Now it looks like: Source Code (5 lines)Source Code (3 lines)

klorinczi - - General

I accidentally changed owner of my shared directories. Now I can not regain access to a folder using myuser. Source Code (2 lines) I have access to the directory as root, but not as myuser. Source Code (5 lines) How to get access to it as myuser?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from klorinczi: “Extra options field is not the right way to exclude 50+ files... ” So, it is ok to add 50 files to the plugin that would be doing the exact same thing as the extra options box that don't seem to cause anyone else problems? The rsync arguments have barely changed since I wrote this plugin and no one has ever had problems with socket files. I also don't want to have every little exclusion in the plugin. That is why I added the extra options box. And i…

• miniDLNA not showing all media files

klorinczi - - General

I had a problem, that not all files were showed from miniDLNA. I checked the files, but all files were on their place, none were missing. I checked the permissions of share, but they were right. All clients had the same problem, so I started to think, the problem comes from miniDLNA. Finally I tried this solution & worked: from Putty SSH client I tried this: Source Code (4 lines)The files.db was recreated, and all the files were showed in all DLNA clients. I hope this will help other users, if t…

• Sorry for the multiple posts. It seems Tapatalk have some problems with this forum. Using - OpenMediaVault v3.0.99 (Erasmus) - OpenMediaVault-Backup plugin v3.11 - using EXT4 fs everywhere. Quote from ryecoaaron: “You could exclude these files with extra options field. ” Extra options field is not the right way to exclude 50+ files... Quote from ryecoaaron: “The plugin doesn't need to be fixed. ” The plugin should have option to ignore making backup of socket files...

• I made a backup of OpenMediaVault with backup plugin. But now I get the following errors in email: Source Code (14 lines) Could be possible to fix the backup plugin to avoid socket files, while doing backup? Can it cause problem, if these socket files are missing? Thanks!

• Error writing the content file

klorinczi - - General

I use OpenMediaVault server v3.0.99 (Erasmus) with Snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault v3.7.3 installed (using snapraid v11.2 ). Debian GNU/Linux v8.10 (jessie). Using union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault v3.1.17 to merge the 4 data disks. Using 500GB to 1000GB hdds 4 data, 2 parity (aka RAID6 mode). Parity drives are both 1000 GB. All data drives have at least 9 Gb free space. I execute snapraid sync then stops with the following error: 1%, 13808 MB, 107 MB/s, CPU 13%, 2:04 ETA Autosaving…

• I created a script to do disk label renaming throughout the OMV 3.x system. Which category should I post it?

• RE:

klorinczi - - Plugins

Quote from molnart: “@klorinczi, how are you proceeding the plugin? i'd also love to see this in OMV, especially with the new html report feauture. in the meantime i used cronjob to run hdsentinel periodically and generate a report, which I am reaching over a dedicated port via the nginx plugin. not the most elegant way, and also does not give me proactive alerts but serves the purpose.” @molnart: I had no time to work on it. I would be interested in your solution. Is it a shell script, which ex…

• Syncthing plugin permission problem

klorinczi - - General

Using OpenMediaVault v3.0.88 (Erasmus), openmediavault-syncthing 3.10 plugin, Syncthing v0.14.38, Linux (64 bit). Added a folder “0_internal” and I see: Error folder path missing I checked through SSH, that the directory exists, owner is my user, permission is rw for my user. I also changed GUI username & password in advanced settings through GUI. However entering username & password for GUI pops up the authentication window again & again. But somehow later I entered into the GUI. When restartin…

• communication failure

klorinczi - - General

Further possibility: If I execute a task from GUI, it should: - pass command from GUI to server - server starts execution, and writes result buffer continuously to a session log file until it is finished successfully or finished with error. - GUI should read session log file, when requested by the user from GUI (by pressing "Command log" button on Storage/File systems page) or display the finished command output in an informational dialog on any current page. This is how it should work, IMHO. Se…

• RE:

klorinczi - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from klorinczi: “I think, that a failing drive should not cause failure of the GUI. Furthermore, the GUI should warn & display the drive failure. ” Great thought but OMV doesn't do magic. Any command run from the command line to query a drive's status will be very slow if it has failed in certain ways. OMV uses these same commands. A commercial NAS vendor can show warnings/failures like this because they always have the same hardware. OMV does not have that luxury. …

• RE:

klorinczi - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from klorinczi: “Can I increase somewhere the javascript gui response timeout? ” Probably but I don't know where it is. I think that is avoiding the problem as well. Failing drives mean commands aren't returning in time and that is a timeout not set by OMV.” I think, that a failing drive should not cause failure of the GUI. Furthermore, the GUI should warn & display the drive failure. Sent with Tapatalk from my SM-N9005

• RE:

klorinczi - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from klorinczi: “Should not have performance problems. The problem clearly comes from OMV 3. ” Clearly? What is the problem then? The error is a javascript error which means the client is involved as well. This means the browser, networking, and the server are all involved. Why doesn't everyone get the error? Why is the system performing a relatively high resource action in pretty much all of the situations I have seen this involved with? I get that multiple people …