Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from Nick0: “Can anybody tell me if I need to alter FTP or r-sync settings now? ” They both should use the pool now. You could change the shared folder to use the pool instead a single drive.

• Debian will have to fix this one. I wouldn't worry about the message.

• There may be a config.xml.#### in /etc/openmediavault. If there is, I would restore the latest version.

• Port number for Portainer

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from sabamimi: “was just afraid my "manual" command would be overwritten by an OMV5 update. ” Only if you click the install portainer button.

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

If you just want to pool the drives for more storage, look at the unionfilesystems plugin.

• Quote from epoex: “Would it be possible to install the 5.0.1 iso and upgrade from there? ” Yep. That is something you could try instead of waiting for a response. Quote from epoex: “Does anyone have any suggestions? ” Most of the time, we recommend using the Debian 10 net-install image if the OMV iso doesn't work. You can then install OMV using the install script - forum.openmediavault.org/index…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/

• Port number for Portainer

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from sabamimi: “Where should i do this modification in OVM5 ?" (and is this modification "OVM5 upgrade compatible ?") ” The install portainer button in omv-extras is just supposed to be helpful. If it doesn't work for you, then I expect people to just use the command line to use a different port. So, I don't think there is any need to change OMV 5 (really omv-extras).

• Quote from Shperrung: “Proxmox kernel 5.0.3 solved all problems ” The fact that you were using the default kernel instead of the backports kernel tells me you didn't update. You should've updated your system and rebooted before installing the zfs plugin.

• Quote from thedarkness: “Since OMV got the 5.4 kernel officially, I thought there was no need for proxmox kernel. Do you still recommend it? I see proxmox it's 5.3 though ” The proxmox kernel wasn't originally added to get a newer version of the kernel. It just about a choice. I personally think the proxmox kernel is more stable since it is tested more thoroughly against the debian userland on proxmox and on Ubuntu than the backports kernel. It is also the better option if you are using zfs sinc…

• Acer AC100

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Gravel_Pit: “it'll do it's updates that way then I can just unplug the dongle and run it wired? ” yes if it is supported by the kernel. Try it.

• Quote from thedarkness: “OMV does not pick up the updated package. ” Debian not OMV but 7.1-1 is in backports but not pinned. It will be installed if you install proxmox kernel as well since 7.1 is in the proxmox repo. You can install from buster-backports with: apt-get install -t buster-backports smartmontools=7.1-1~bpo10+1

• Acer AC100

ryecoaaron - - General

Which version of Ubuntu? What kernel versions have you tried for Ubuntu or Debian? My thought is that OMV 5.x will enable backports by default and fully updating the install on another system will get you the 5.4 kernel. It that kernel doesn't detect the NIC, you will have to compile a driver. But, some drivers may not support a kernel that new. As for compiling, luckily I wrote a script to compile this kernel a long time ago when e1000e wasn't supported in any kernel. I just modified it for the…

• The armbian utilities don't always do things that agree with OMV methods. I would use this guide to re-install - forum.openmediavault.org/index…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/

• Quote from Shinobi: “is there something i can install and test within OMV? ” Not that can really do as good as a job as memtest+.

• Quote from blinky: “I chose 5.0.5 because at sourceforge it said latest download version is 4.1.22 but then it has 5.0beta, 5.0.1beta, and 5.0.5 which doesn't say beta so I thought the "download latest version" might be outdated. (I don't see a 5.3.2 anywhere) ” A new ISO isn't generated with every update of OMV. So, the first thing I generally recommend after installing is to fully update the system. So, 5.0.5 is the latest ISO. Quote from blinky: “I don't see how it could be the HDD. ” You are…

• Quote from Shinobi: “Which example is correct (if any)? "/dev/sda" or "/sharedfolders/tvshows" or "/dev/disk-by-label/WDRed1" ” /dev/sda is the device /sharedfolders/... is a bind mount to the mountpoint /dev/disk-by-lable... is the mount point.

• Maybe the nvme drive is getting hot (especially when the system is under load?) and doing bad things? Otherwise, I would go back to the ram check.

• Quote from Shinobi: “Would it make sense to disable it temporarily for testing? ” Definitely not. If smart isn't working, you may have a tougher time diagnosing this.

• Quote from mn124700: “Wondering what people think the pros and cons are of this. Anyone doing it the way I am? ” I run OMV on a few Proxmox (kvm) installs and it works very well. This thread started because people wanted to run kvm on OMV without virtualizing OMV because it makes the storage situation easier.

• Quote from Shinobi: “Any ideas how I could check it? ” SMART. And I would check the ram again. Are you running the flashmemory plugin? nvme or not, it still has limited writes.