Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Newbie build on Raspberry PI4

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from scottjcpp: “I see apparently I can NOT use RAID 1 (or any RAID for that matter) with a USB interface. True under all circumstances? ” Sorry but this has been talked about so many times. OMV no longer allows you to use usb drives in a raid array because it is a terrible idea. Quote from scottjcpp: “Is there a workaround for my lovely WD NAS HDD's as storage devices? ” Why can't you use them as storage devices just because they aren't in raid? Format them with a filesystem in the filesy…

• SFTP Plugin Problem

ryecoaaron - - SSH

Quote from threehappypenguins: “Do you by any chance know why I'm seeing a dev folder when I log in? I see the other folders that I enabled and wanted to see, but I also see dev. How do I remove it from the folder that is being seen when logged in sftp? ” The dev folder is there on purpose. That is a link to the rsyslog log socket. Why do you want to remove it?

• OMV 5.0.5 updates errors

ryecoaaron - - General

Clear your browser cache.

• ASUS XG-C100C on OMV?

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from numsi: “what is the most commonly used 10GBe NIC for debian? ” My four cards at home are all Mellanox. At work, Emulex cards are about all we use on VMware and Linux.

• SFTP Plugin Problem

ryecoaaron - - SSH

Quote from Graph: “After chmod 755-ing / everything looks to be working normally. ” The installscript will fix this now. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ba1199b79c0b1c416200fa7a1

• Unable to find suitable address.

ryecoaaron - - General

Ah, I was under the impression that the mount command from the command line was failing as well. What does your remotemount setup look like (screenshot)?

• OMV as KVM Vm won't shutdown

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from mn124700: “I tried that now, but still no response to shutdown message from libvirt. ” That is only half of the fix. You need to enable the guest agent for the VM.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from mstumpel: “Because the plugin does not mount also. When I try to mount the bullet never gets green indicate it is mounted ” That tells me you are entering invalid info. Without knowing how the remote smb server is setup, it is hard to help.

ryecoaaron - - General

Why are you putting the ip in the options? You could use the remotemount plugin to do this.

• Memory usage 0.3% of 3.74GB

ryecoaaron - - General

This has been fixed and will be in 5.3.3 - github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/605

• Quote from aresoa: “omv-extras 5.x has been download over 400 times in the last two weeks ” Actually about 5000 times in the last week bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…t-omvextrasorg#statistics

• Quote from wajces: “Is there a way i can get a better view of what is happening? ” The verbose flag on apt-get doesn't show any more verbose output. I guess you could use wget. As root: cd /var/cache/apt/archives wget --verbose http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve/dists/buster/pve-no-subscription/binary-amd64/pve-firmware_3.0-5_all.deb If it downloads fine there, not sure why apt is having a problem. But it will be in the correct place for apt to use it.

• DNS not working

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from toppi: “Maybe it was pihole? ” Yes and every time you update pihole, it will reinstall it. You can disable systemd-resolved in /etc/systemd/resolve.conf.

• DNS not working

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from toppi: “I deinstalled resolvconf and DNS behaves normal now ” What or who installed resolvconf?

• Lost webui after update

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from b0n3z: “Anybody having this problem? Got a fix for it? ” Nope. This is something specific to your system. You are going to have to plug a keyboard and monitor in to see what it is doing. Maybe the IP address changed or it had a grub error?

• Quote from wajces: “i believe the proxmox website has reordered their file hosting. ” My proxmox systems don't think there is anything wrong with the URL. (Hidden Content) I verified that the URL is working on my three proxmox systems and two OMV systems running the proxmox kernel. It has not changed. Quote from wajces: “I think this is the correct link: ” Nope. That is the human viewable url. If the URL was wrong, it would give you a 404 error when it was downloading the release file. On your s…

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Is the OMV system with the pool the sender or receiver? From that output, the error is on the receiver side.

• Quote from michor84: “s ist possible to use a new default config file? ” Possible? Yes but you won't have any of your settings. Quote from michor84: “Which kind of settings are beeing saved in this file? ” All OMV settings are stored in this file.

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from Nick0: “Can anybody tell me if I need to alter FTP or r-sync settings now? ” They both should use the pool now. You could change the shared folder to use the pool instead a single drive.

• Debian will have to fix this one. I wouldn't worry about the message.