Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Problem serving USB volume over CIFS

macom - - General

Have you used "privileges" to give the users access to the shares? [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 and Microsoft Servers [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10

• As you are using btrfs have a look here: btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.ph…22No_space_left_on_device

• Have a look here at the end blog.linuxserver.io/2019/04/25…rypt-nginx-starter-guide/

• Newbie with a few questions

macom - - General

Quote from Reptar: “1. Does OpenMediaVault run (stable) on Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB RAM) using RAID 1 USB attached SDD Drives? I already own the 4GB RPI and an empty 500 GB SDD ” No, OMV does not support RAID on RPi. There have been too many issues with it. Probably you neither need nor want RAID anyway. My thoughts about... RAID Quote from Reptar: “2. Does OpenMediaVault support booting from a RAIDed disk and not use the SD Card? I am concerned about the reliability of the SD Card and would rather b…

• In case you want to add onlyoffice to nextcloud [How-To] onlyoffice in nextcloud docker Thanks to @draddy

• no need to eject 1. plug the drive in 2. the drive will be mounted automatically 3. rsync jobs run 4. the drive will be unmounted automaticall 5. pull the plut I specified "send email", so when I get the mail, I know the backup is finished and I can safely remove the drive.

• Can't enable Wifi on Nanopi M4

macom - - Network

Quote from tkaiser: “Most probably wlan0 is still referenced in /etc/network/interfaces. Each interface that is listed there won't be available to NetworkManager. ” Have checked this? tkaiser was referring to /etc/network/interfaces, not the GUI of OMV.

• octoprint/repetier

macom - - Docker

Did you follow the instructions on hub.docker? Source Code (5 lines)I would use "nano" instead of "vi".

• Can't access shares

macom - - CIFS/SMB

Have you seen these guides? [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 and Microsoft Servers [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10

• Quote from draddy: “a /media/nas1/ is tipped ways faster ” There is autocompletion with TAB

• Wechsel von Raspberry 3 auf Raspberry 4

macom - - General

Quote from rotepeter: “- giebt es dazu eine Anleitung oder Tutorial? ” Für Neuinstallation: siehe Link von ryecoaaron, dort gibt es auch eine Übersetung auf Deutsch Alternative wäre wohl auf dem RpI3 das upgrade von OMV4 auf OMV5 zu machen und dann die SD Karte im RPi4 zu verwenden. Soweit ich weiß, brauchst du Debian 10 (Raspian) auf dem RPi4. Quote from rotepeter: “-geht das ohne Datenverlust der Festplatten? ” normaler Weise ja, aber Nutzer hat man natülich auch alle Möglichkeiten etwas falsc…

• Use rsnapshot for nextcloud backup

macom - - Plugins

Ups, I misunderstood. Glad you found what you were looking for.

• Email-configuration can´t be stored

macom - - General

Quote from Donald123: “more than 40 members had read my post, but still no answeres.So my question: is any information missing? Do you need more background informations? ” I would think that many will not download the file to have a look at it. So might be better to insert the error message in a code box.

• completely restore the omv configuration

macom - - General

Quote from nicovon: “The last time that happened to me, the first thing I did, was to copy all the data in the various shared folders and put them on a USB stick. ” If you have data drives and OS drive separated, there is no need to touch the data drives. Just make sure you select the correct when installing OMV from scratch.

• SMB/CIFS share name

macom - - CIFS/SMB

That is what I thought, that the name is "hostname" - "protocol" and the format would have to be changed on the Mac. Not related to OMV.

• Where did you try to login? If you login in CLI on a fresh install you have to use "root" as user and the password you assigned during installation. When you login to the GUI of OMV in a Web browser you login as user "admin" and the password is "openmediavault". But as geaves wrote, first you have to make sure you have internet connection during the installation.

• Building a Nas with this

macom - - General

Quote from asjemenou: “My main whises are: *PLex server for streaming* ” You can use Plex in Docker Quote from asjemenou: “*Auto download via nzb ” also Docker Quote from asjemenou: “*Great storage support like SSD's (the hardware is supporting it) ” OMV is based on Debian. So no problem with support of SSD, HDD or USB Thumb drives. Quote from asjemenou: “*Apply to sync foto's and docs witht he cloud mainly with MS Onedrive. ” also Docker (e.g. Duplicati) Quote from asjemenou: “Is all of this po…

• Quote from boris431: “assume I run this through putty on command line correct ? ” Correct

• What does the "master browser" setting in SMB/CIFS settings say? Should be disabled.

• I cannot tell you why. However, I do not experience the same behaviour.