Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from IsochronousAardwolf: “and also OMV v4 just to be sure. ” Quote from IsochronousAardwolf: “it shows page cache growing at about the same rate as data is written to NFS ” If it works with OMV 4 and not with OMV 5 I would assume that there is some kind of memory leak. How much RAM is in your system?

• Could it be a hardware problem? Temperature maybe? If the system freezes could you still reach it by SSH console?

• HDD won't spin down

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from vishnumrao: “I finally got around to trying your tip on the RPI NAS. Installed hd_idle and the disks now spind down completely. ” Quote from vishnumrao: “does hd_idle only spindown the disks when they are idle or does it just count down a time set in the config file and periodically issues a spindown command. ” As the name "hd_idle" says, I assume that a spindown command is only issued when the disk is idle. Anything else doesn´t make any sense. In the readme of hd_idle one can read "…

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from Nick0: “one idea I had was to create a RAID 0 array ” If you use a RAID 0 you will loose the complete data of both disks if one of them fails. RAID 0 was / is used to increase performance.

• RAID 5 failure. All drives missing

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from massimi72: “the NAS was beeping every second). ” Do you know what can cause the NAS to beep? Is there a hardware problem beside the RAID maybe eg. the power supply? Maybe this was the reason that the NAS was stucked at first. A RAID do not like it to be unpowered unexpectedly. But your RAID is INACTIVE, not DEGRADED. That´s good. Maybe @geaves may chime in? In the meantime you may have a look at this article: How to fix linux mdadm inactive array

• RAID 5 failure. All drives missing

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Please start by answering this questions: Degraded or missing raid array questions

• SMB/CIFS share name

cabrio_leo - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from marsb007: “Frankly it ended up being cleaner, but I literally had to change everything, including Portainer paths. ” Do you have Docker containers on the ZFS file system? As I remember there where issues with that and therefore it is recommended to store it on a drive with a different file system. ZFS settings

• SMB/CIFS share name

cabrio_leo - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from marsb007: “Any way of enabling quotas on ZFS. ” This is not possible with the ZFS plugin. But by Command line interface: CLI> zfs set quota=10G tank/home/jeff More about quotas here: Setting Quotas on ZFS File Systems

• First NAS build with SAS HDDs

cabrio_leo - - My NAS Build

Quote from Penny2912: “But is it necessary to flash another firmware on the SAS HBA to use it with OMV? ” It is recommended to flash the so-called "IT-mode" firmware, which disables the Hardware RAID functionality (as I know) and allows the OS an direct access to each disk. Quote from Penny2912: “I have the possibility to get two 6TB WD UltraStar SAS 12 GB/s HDDs for free. ” If the disks are for free then I would take it

• Xpra multi-platform screen and application forwarding system "screen for X11" But never tested under OMV.

• Is it in an USB enclosure? Sometimes this is an behavior of some USB2Sata bridge controllers. In any case, this is a hardware related problem. Nevertheless, if OMV has done an ordinary shutdown the disk can be switched off.

• Quote from Plato: “Git es da irgendwo eine Anleitung von dem Remote Mount Plugin ? ” Nicht explizit. Hier im Forum gibt es einige Threads zu dem Thema. Aber eigentlich muss man doch nur Protokoll auswählen und Server, Freigabe und die Zugangsdaten eingeben. Dann sollte es eigentlich funktionieren.

• Silent NAS Case

cabrio_leo - - My NAS Build

I can also recommend the Fractal Design Node 304. I am using this case for my NAS equipped with six WD RED, which are scarcely audible. But this system is only silent, if silent drives are used too. If you still want to use your ironwolf´s then the Node 304 isn´t much better probably than your Silverstone, I assume. I think you will need an insulated enclosure.

• CLI> shutdown -h now with root rights. In the OMV WebUI there is also a menu/option for system shutdown. Or automatically with the Autoshutdown plugin. Don´t simply turn the system off!

• Permissions not being inherited

cabrio_leo - - CIFS/SMB

Try to enable "Recursivo" in the Samba share settings. Also you can use the "Extra options" field to define own Samba creation mask settings (create mask = ..., directory mask =... and others).

• Quote from vishnumrao: “Question: Is it OK to create a RAID with drives that have different RPM speeds ” I heard that in general it is not recommended to use disks of different speed because the slowest disk limits the performance of the array. But in principle it is possible. Please look at this thread to make the right decision: RAID 5 with different sizes and different speeds?

• Ja. Dafür gibt es das Remote Mount Plugin.

• NEWBIE question anyone patient...

cabrio_leo - - General

Is it an RPI-installation? On some older installation sources the default root password was 'raspberry' Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3

• Quote from sismondi: “the problem fixed itself ” That are the best problems

• Quote from irrelevant91: “I ran omv-salt deploy run samba, but didn't know I had to run omv-salt stage run prepare first. ” Thank you for sharing your solution.