Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

• Is OPMV running on single core only? I never get CPU load above 25%.

• Will the NanoPC T4 get openmediavault 5 with Debian10 ? If so, will it be possible to upgrade or is a new fresh install required?

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “Link Aggregation of both Ethernet lines ” Does NOT increase bandwidth. ” Do you know any possibility to increase network speed with multiple lines to allow paralell access of multiple users to access the NAS with high speed? I like the excellent speed, low price and low power consumption of the nanoPC T4 - all in a very small box. But I lwould like to further increase network speed - to get an even more outstanding cpmbination of speed, low power consum…

• Since NVME SSD is so fast the Gigabit-Ethernet is the bottleneck rightnow. Is it possible to setup a second Ethernet line via USB adapter and to combine it with the onboard Ethernet to increase bandwith (Link Aggregation of both Ethernet lines)?

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “What do you mean the NM? ” Sorry, Network Manager. That's Armbian's default. To get rid of ifupdown behavior most probably you need to delete the interface in the OMV UI, then check /etc/network/interfaces and delete potential leftovers, reboot (DHCP then) and then either assign a static IP address using nmtui or let your router do the job. NM takes care about links that went down and brings them up when available again... ” Thanks, seems to work. Delet…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “I did set the static IP via OMV UI ” Then most probably behavior is as expected. While I have no idea why people do set static IP addresses (why remembering those silly numbers, why not accessing your NAS by its name nanopct4.local) to get the desired behavior I would assume letting NM control the interface will result in what you want. With OMV5 OMV's networking handling will move from anachronistic ifupdown to systemd -- maybe it's fixed that way too.…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “the T4 has its static IP adress ” My question was whether you configured this 'static IP address' via OMV UI or not. If you did it the OMV way then Debian's ifupdown package controls the NIC but if you leave things as they are when booting first time (or set a static address via nmtui) then Network Manager has control (and with NM this should work -- I have no idea about ifupdown since I hate using anachronistic mechanisms from last century) ” I did set…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “After restart of the network router the T4 does not reconnect automaticly to the network ” Did you configure a 'static IP address' via OMV UI? ” YES, the T4 has its static IP adress

• I am not sure if the following issue is related to the T4 image only. After restart of the network router the T4 does not reconnect automaticly to the network. I have to restart also the T4 in order reconnect the network. Is there any possibility the T4 tries to reconnects automaticly to the network after it lost connection for whatever reason?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Quote from tobefond: “It could help several users if you could provide a short summary how we should perform recomended updates ” I'm not sure why you insist on ignoring me and asking this question again. I answered this question in post #44. If installing all updates was a serious issue, we would have hundreds of users having problems. ” Hello ryecoaaron, I am sorry you feel ignored. This was not my intension. So the conclusion is to update everything except for the ker…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Alexio: “But I'm not sure if this only freezes the kernel updates or also the other Armbian updates which might require updating ” No idea. armbian-config was an optional tool a while ago and not just me argued against an integration but in the meantime Igor made it an integral part of Armbian (while it's still a one man show) and encourages everyone to constantly switch between kernels and so on so that all the tries to provide a supportable installation base are…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “After updating the system the HDMI output is corrupted ” So what? That's a kernel thing, the kernel is part of Armbian and I finally got sick of the totally unnecessary upgrade hassles the Armbian 'project head' integrates every now and then. I discussed the issue for more than a year and simply gave up in the meantime. With next kernel/device-tree update maybe networking might gone... I don't care any more. ” OK, that is new information for me. That me…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Robbin: “Any ideas what to try to fix? ” Nope, I never connected a display to the majority of my ARM boards and since OMV is meant to be administrated headless (using the web UI or SSH/shellinabox) I don't consider this being a problem. If a ping nanopim4 works in your network everything is alright and you can access the box using nanopim4 BTW: NanoPi M4 as well as NEO4 are prone to undervoltage, OMV/Armbian uses more demanding settings than FriendlyELEC's offerin…

• Quote from tkaiser: “In the meantime the cute RK3399 based NanoPi NEO4 is available: friendlyarm.com/index.php?rout…ct&path=69&product_id=241 (please be aware that the low price is somewhat misleading since you need heatsink, the USB-C cable, PSU and maybe also the 'German Plug Adapter' unless you really know what you do!) I already had the chance to review the board and as usual with RK3399 both network and storage performance is excellent: github.com/ThomasKaiser/Knowle…_Review_of_NanoPi_NEO4.…

• Quote from Alexio: “Quote from tobefond: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “The large heat sink seems to be an big advantage for the NanoPi NEO4. ... Does someone has testet the NanoPi NEO4 with heatsink an higher CPU/GPU loads? ” Sure, I even linked to it from the review you quoted --> github.com/ThomasKaiser/Knowle…es/Heatsink_Efficiency.md (TL;DR: the NEO4 heatsink is not great for sustained highest loads) ” OK your testing on NanoPi NEO4 tells me that it is almost impossible to cool…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “The large heat sink seems to be an big advantage for the NanoPi NEO4. ... Does someone has testet the NanoPi NEO4 with heatsink an higher CPU/GPU loads? ” Sure, I even linked to it from the review you quoted --> github.com/ThomasKaiser/Knowle…es/Heatsink_Efficiency.md (TL;DR: the NEO4 heatsink is not great for sustained highest loads) ” OK your testing on NanoPi NEO4 tells me that it is almost impossible to cool the NanoPC T4 with a passive heat sink in…

• Quote from tkaiser: “In the meantime the cute RK3399 based NanoPi NEO4 is available: friendlyarm.com/index.php?rout…ct&path=69&product_id=241 (please be aware that the low price is somewhat misleading since you need heatsink, the USB-C cable, PSU and maybe also the 'German Plug Adapter' unless you really know what you do!) I already had the chance to review the board and as usual with RK3399 both network and storage performance is excellent: github.com/ThomasKaiser/Knowle…_Review_of_NanoPi_NEO4.…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “I created an OMV4 image for NEO4 but also for NanoPi M4 and NanoPC-T4 again since the older images are using ext4 due to some meanwhile resolved bootloader problem. So please delete OMV_4_NanoPC_T4.img.xz and OMV_4_NanoPi_M4.img.xz on SF and add the three new images instead waiting at ” Uploaded. ” I did set up the system on T4 with one of the older images. Do I have some negative effect with the system created by one of the older images? Would you re…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “HW must be very similar between M4 and T4 because the Image for M4 was running fine on T4, except for problems with updates ” I don't think your updating problems were related since basically the images only differ in two single locations: /boot/armbianEnv.txt (here it's a single line responsible for loading the correct device tree file) and then it's BOARD and BOARD_NAME entries in /etc/armbian-release. @ryecoaaron can you please replace the incorrect …

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tobefond: “Is the image for NanoPi M4 the same as for NanoPC T4? ” On SourceForge for whatever reasons yes. The PC-T4 image is the one for NanoPi M4. Original situation: kaiser-edv.de/tmp/xdNAzx/ Source Code (4 lines)” Thanks a lot, now I got the right image. HW must be very similar between M4 and T4 because the Image for M4 was running fine on T4, except for problems with updates. Now with the right image the updates are running without any error. Thanks again.