Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 61.

• Hmm. This sounds very different than what I thought you said your problem was. I installed Plex without Docker, doubt I can be of much use to you. I thought the problem was you couldn't access the data partition. Good luck!

• I've never found a need to use the Create button. Did you not create the filesystem after you split off the partition with whatever partition manager you used?

• I have a setup just like what you want, except I'm using a spinning drive for boot. I set this up a while ago, so I'm working from memory. I don't recall having any difficulties in setting this up, and no problems accessing the data partition. Perhaps you did something different than what I did: 1. Installed clean OMV4 on 1 TB spinning drive using ext4 (which can be shrunk). 2. Booted from Partition Magic USB so I could create a new partition, also ext4, on the boot drive. Of course this meant I…

• I have had Plex installed for quite a while from OMV 2.* to OMV 4.*, haven't noticed any slowdown for file transfers, though I don't use FTP. Generally rsync. I don't really have a clue what could be causing your slowdown but if it were me, I'd try uninstalling Plex first and see if that makes a difference. If you have a lot of Plex metadata play it safe and rename or copy the plexmediaserver directory to ensure it isn't wiped when you reinstall, though I don't think (think! hah-hah!) it will be…

• Since you pointed me in the right direction, I installed the OpenVPN plugin on my NUC and port forwarded 1194 to it and it works beautifully! My test was to create a client .conf file and import it into the OpenVPN app on my android tablet. Then I went to the local library and was able to access my LAN from their network using RDC without a hitch. Love it! BTW my router doesn't support VPN install. But since I only need VPN for this single use case I don't see why I'd want to put all traffic thr…

• Thanks for your reply! Man, the man himself!! I tried checking/unchecking r/w for all my shares for the user, also tried setting no access but the user remains. Since it's a known issue and it doesn't really affect anything, let's forget I mentioned it. Hah-hah!

• Hi, Very minor issue, I'd just like to clean things up. I had a user 'mark' which had Read/Write privileges on a share. Deleted user but 'mark' is still listed under User accounts. 'mark' is NOT in samba.conf, this isn't causing any problems, I'd just like to clean it up. Thanks, Mark M

• Thanks for your reply! So as long as the client has the generated client configuration, then it can connect to my NUC from anywhere? Wow, I had no idea! This brings up more questions but I'll dig around on my own before asking.

• I've set up OMV on a NUC with RDC and Plex plugins. Works just fine! But it's on my LAN and I want to send the NUC 2,000 miles away to my brother's house. I know I'll be able to administer Plex (to a limited degree) with the Plex web interface no matter where the NUC resides without any further changes. But I'm sure I'll have to do something to use RDC to administer the NUC remotely. That is the only reason I'm using RDC now by the way, just to test out using it to administer the NUC. Normally I…

• (dope slap to self) Duh! Should have cleared browser cache. Thanks! Mark M.

• Can't see new version of plugin after enabling omv-extras testing repo. I'm sure I've missed something. Thanks, Mark M

• How to enable Flash Memory plugin?

markmarz - - Plugins

I found this helpful: Source Code (26 lines)

• Thanks Aaron for your usual thorough reply. Very much appreciated!

• Not a big deal, but I've routinely been selecting just the updates I *think* I want/need on the Update Management screen. But I recently saw a video where someone was demonstrating how to install Plex and he selected all updates and let her rip. Is that safe? First thing that comes to mind is there's a lot of firmware updates which can't possibly apply to every system. Right? OTOH it would be nice to just routine update everything without hunting and pecking. Thanks, Mark M

• ryecoaaron & drinks2go: Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to go ahead with a clean install of 3.x and will definitely look into VirtualBox, RealVNC etc. Thanks again!

• You might find this helpful: support.plex.tv/articles/20137…nstall-to-another-system/

• Thanks, but not out of the woods yet: E: Unable to locate package openmediavault-keyring I get that I screwed up something; all I was doing was trying to install chrome and chrome remote desktop. That's what I get for straying off the plantation, I guess. Ha-hah! Or maybe more accurate: that's what I get for screwing around without a good understanding. Maybe it'd be cleaner to just do a fresh install of 3.x. What do you think? --- root@openmediavault:~# apt-get purge openmediavault-keyring Read…

• Before I continue with your suggestion, I need to say that after double-checking my saved test results, I see that there was an additional error raised when I enabled openmediavault.list that I hadn't noticed: Source Code (42 lines) This same invalid signature error is also raised after I disabled the Plex repo in omv-extras as you suggested. Is there some other repository I need to disable? Here's the apt-get update output after disabling Plex repo but without a fix to invalid signature error a…

• Errors raised when omv-extras-org.list enabled. What can I do to fix that? --- test doc: Original list of *list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d: root@openmediavault:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# ls -l *list -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 204 Apr 3 11:21 chrome-remote-desktop.list -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 189 Apr 4 08:35 google-chrome.list -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 134 Apr 3 11:02 jcfp-ubuntu-sab-addons-bionic.list -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 459 Apr 3 11:02 omv-extras-org.list -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 78 Apr 3 11:02 openmedi…

• donh: Okay, I will do as you suggest, with test being apt-get update rather than Updates->Check (though I suppose it makes no difference). Definitely will avoid Updates->Upgrade till no more errors. drinks2go: Thank you for your insight and advice! If all this goes south I imagine it shouldn't be a big deal to just do a fresh install of 3.x. I've been thinking about moving boot off the USB flash drive onto an actual SSD anyway; maybe this would be a good time to do that. Or not. Hah-hah! I use O…