Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

• Thanks, @tkaiser! Hmm... I'm not sure if this is a red flag and/or something to be concerned about, but the only entry that has a /srv entry is the data partition of the OS disk. For full context, here's the entire df -h output: Source Code (39 lines)For what it's worth, this is exactly what it looked like before upgrading the hard drive. One additional note: There aremtent entries in the config.xml file that show /srv paths for both the nas and mirror disks: Source Code (2 lines)Source Code (2 …

• For anybody who may come across this thread in the future... I ended up taking the safe route, and cloned the drive with CloneZilla. It took about 23 hours, but after it finished, I just shut down the server, disconnected the old hard drive, and booted into OMV. So far it looks to have succeeded as a drop-in replacement.

• Doing a df -h, it looks like they're referenced by label: Source Code (2 lines)I don't have any network shares (SAMBA, NFS, etc.) on the backup drive (sdc1), and I do have NFS (and SAMBA) shares on sdb1, which I assume explains the different look of the reference paths. This is teaching me a lot. I'd just assumed that since UUID was referenced by OMV's config.xml file, that must be the way it's managed.

• Thanks! This is all helpful feedback. Rebuilding the shares would be a minor, very manageable, hassle. The biggest issue is the NextcloudPi container that's on the drive. I've had to recreate it at least 7 or 8 times, and am tired of dealing with it. (It's a long story, with lots of random issues getting it up and running.) I'm worried that if I boot up without all the shares in place, it could break that container, and have me redoing it yet again.

• Good point! Would an even simpler approach of just doing a basic rsync of everything from the old data drive to the new one, then manually assigning the old UUID to the new drive achieve the drop-in replacement I'm looking for?

• Apologies if this is a question that's been addressed before. It's likely a common one, but I didn't find anything that quite covered the base I'm looking for here. My OMV setup is pretty simple: 1x 240GB SSD with two partitions (one for the OS, one for virtual machines and Docker config data) 1x 4TB HDD for data (it does have Docker config data for one container--NextCloud) 1x 4TB HDD for periodic backups of the data drive The data drive is running low on space, so I'm upgrading to a bigger one…

• I recently set up NextCloud and Let's Encrypt following @TechnoDadLife 's videos here and here. (Many thanks for the awesome tutorials!) Things are working great when I'm inside my network. But my OMV server runs all traffic through an OpenVPN client connection (the client is the OMV server, not the router), which is causing the DDNS service to not be able to resolve. (If I stop the OpenVPN service, everything works great. When I restart OpenVPN, it breaks.) My guess is that I need to set up a s…

• Error when adding shares

Peekay - - General

Edit: I wanted to add a note that after chasing my tail on this for a while, and encountering/creating various other problems, I ended up just starting over with a clean install. I'm running into an error that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Whenever I try to add a shared folder, I get the following error: Source Code (1 line)In case it's helpful, I'm in the process of migrating from a Raspberry Pi-based installation to an amd64-based install. I'm moving my data drives from the Pi to the ne…

• Thanks for the help, @ryecoaaron, that seems to have done the trick! No more errors when popping into the Docker service. I really appreciate your help! I'm relatively new to Linux, and am really curious what that process did. From what i could gather, it looks like the touch command tells the OS to update the file's "last updated" metadata to that moment. Then the apt-get -f install seems to look for broken dependencies and tries to fix them. Interestingly, the output of that command showed tha…

• Yep, it's an RPi.

• This issue has me completely stumped, and I'm hoping the folks here can help out. In case the background is helpful, I initially just went through what I thought was the normal process: 1. Turn on Docker CE in OMV-Extras 2. Install the Docker Plugin But that generated the error that kicked off this thread. After that, I've uninstalled the plugin, turned off Docker CE in OMV-Extras, I've run apt clean, updated, upgraded, ensured what I think to be the main Docker components are uninstalled by run…