Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

• Change HDD (data) easily

wolf69 - - General

So, i succeeded to clone one drive. I tried another one and got this error, i think it was kind of the same as the first try: imageshack.com/i/pmRwrpBgj What do you think? I’m bit tired with this, i spent 5hours today on cloning without success... Edit:maybe my info on my server, HP MIcroserver gen 8, last amd64 clonezilla live iso injected via ilo.

wolf69 - - General

Hi, So i have tried clonezilla this night, i have choisen device-to-device copy, novice option and fsck option. This morning i was surprised to see my server still on while i asked for a shutdown at completion (i didnt keep any print). I have swapped the cloned hdd with the old one and on omv startup i had errors saying system failure due to my new hdd comporting bad block or « inconsistancy unexpected » I have made a print but it’s in french. imageshack.com/i/poeP52Oij

wolf69 - - General

Thanks for your answer! I have search the forum and two more queries: 1/ i have seen an easier way, that is to simply use rsync for exemple to have all the same files on my new Hdd and then chàge the UUID, is that safe? 2/ to boot into clonezilla from my omv machine i have to use the clonezilla plugin it seems?

wolf69 - - General

Hi, I have an omv setup with 4 HDD, 2x4To and 2x6To. Both HDD is the miror of the other (same size), i used rsync to do that, no RAID. I’m going to upgrade my 4To to 8. What is the easiest way to do do? Is there any way to not unassigned shares etc...and rather for exemple use clonezilla or else to do a perfect copy and then simply swap my disks? But the solution would have been to use a RAID 1 in the first place? But in that case if i were to upgrade the size of the HDD i could have done it one…

• sFTP, share folders, security

wolf69 - - SSH

Thanks gderf for the security insight, i will look at denyhost and public/private keys. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from gderf: “I do not know why the SFTP plugin is not properly chrooting. Maybe try removing the plugin and try again, but as I said I do not use it myself. ” It should unless the user and share are configured wrong.Quote from wolf69: “I have enable sFTP pluggin, give access to one of my user with a specific share folder, however when i connect to the sFTP i'm on the root folder …

• sFTP, share folders, security

wolf69 - - SSH

Hello, I have been trying to access my OMV data from OpenVPN, while the accessibility is easy i'm not having optimal performance. So i wanted to try sFTP, since it's a direct protocol unlike OpenVPN where you still need to use another protocol to transfer data (SMB, FTP...). I have enable sFTP pluggin, give access to one of my user with a specific share folder, however when i connect to the sFTP i'm on the root folder of my system instead of the folder i specified!! How come? Another question wo…

• OPENVPN and stream hd video slow speed

wolf69 - - Plugins

Ok so i have done some extensive test and figured out some things. Here is my config: - server side: i have a Hp proliant Gen 8 installed with OMV and openvpn as a pluggin. Server is connected to my internet box with ethernet 1Gb(i have the right speed via eternet from my PC to my server for example) - client side: iphone/ipad with openvpn app. Some test i have made: - i have tested my real upload speed using gdrive by uploading a file directly from my PC, i had 35Mo/s - i have tested the bandwi…

wolf69 - - Plugins

Hi thanks for helping me. I tried to upload to gdrive a file from the server but using my PC not the server itself. Regarding the streaming from my server outside my network, i used VLC to direct stream and FileExplorer to see the download speed, both app on an iphone/ipad. In you bottleneck list i have rulled out my internet since i have done the gdrive upload test, my router (same test) So it leaves the vpn, which is openvpn. Is it know to have transfer speed issue? Not being able to fully use…

wolf69 - - Plugins

Hi, I have configure a microserver gen8 with OMV 3 and OPENVPN. Everything is working great on a local network and also when i’m not home, i can access my server without issue. The only issue is that when i’m not in my local network, the download/read speed is around 2Mo/s so when i’m watching HD videos it’s always lagging (caching)... My upload speed test reveal that i have 25Mo/s, tested by uploading a file to gdrive. So what could be the bottle neck or the missing configuration to have the sa…

• Quote from gibsont01: “Figured it out. Simply updating Mono and restarting Sonarr worked. ” How did you update Mono? I'm trying Docker, i have successfully install Docker and Sonarr but it seems the search on indexer doesnt work, i have error related to this but it seems more of a missing connection with SabNzb even if the test under "download client" is working. I also tried to import my backup file but it seems i corrupt the Docker image so i had to reinstall it.

• Improve speed, only 50MB/s

wolf69 - - CIFS/SMB

Ext4, omv default i assume

wolf69 - - CIFS/SMB

Would someone have any idea? Thanks

wolf69 - - CIFS/SMB

I also did the test in FTP and i have 80MB. Weird thing is i have 50MB while transfering between the disk inside the server.

wolf69 - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from wolf69: “Would you have any advice? ” Did you read the Solution to Common Problems thread at the top of every forum section? - Solutions to common problems Quote from wolf69: “Could it be due do the CPU? ” No, it will saturate gigabit easily. ” yep did that, no luck with the extra options

wolf69 - - CIFS/SMB

Hi, I have installed OMV on a microserver gen8, the OS is in a SSD and i a have 2x6TB in mirror and 1TB. Write on both HDD don't exceed 60MB from a WINDOWS 7 PC, while the drive tests from the microserver have achieved min 100MB. I also used iperf to test my wired connection, i have almost 1Gb both ways. I tried the max protocol option but didn't improve the speed. Would you have any advice? Could it be due do the CPU? Thank you

• Hi, I recently install OMV on my microserver gen8, i succeeded to install SabNzb but i can't install unrar and par2 multicore, is there any way to install them from OMV plugin? I'm not really familiar to install it in command line, i tried something but it didn't work. I also installed NZBget to test, it's working great but for an unknown reason it makes my HDD do a lot of noise when downloading/writing files in it! Thank you.