Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

• So the server stayed up for 11 days, but shut down today at 7am. This is the log from the time of shut down: [/sub][/sup]Nov 8 07:09:01 plex systemd[1]: Starting Clean php session files... Nov 8 07:09:01 plex CRON[3689]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php/sessionclean ] && if [ ! -d /run/systemd/system ]; then /usr/lib/php/sessionclean; fi) Nov 8 07:09:02 plex systemd[1]: Started Clean php session files. Nov 8 07:15:01 plex CRON[3963]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkrrdgraph >/dev/null 2>&1) Nov 8 07:1…

• I removed munin which didn't break anything, but the cron jobs and init jobs kept trying to run. I have commented those out, and so far so good. Will update in a few days if I avoid unexpected shutdowns and restarts. In the meantime, I appreciate the help!

• Quote from Adoby: “Check the munin config. Is munin configured to shut down the server at certain times or on certain conditions? Perhaps after an update? ” Thanks for the response. Is munin something I perhaps stupidly installed? Or is it something that comes with OMV? Is it something I can remove?

• So the computer restarted itself this morning at 11am. CRON jobs were running at the time. I was not streaming media from the server at the time I've attached the logs, and included the highlighted part below Oct 26 10:45:01 plex CRON[28554]: (root) CMD (if [ -x /etc/munin/plugins/apt_all ]; then /etc/munin/plugins/apt_all update 7200 12 >/dev/null; elif [ -x /etc/munin/plugins/apt ]; then /etc/munin/plugins/apt update 7200 12 >/dev/null; fi) Oct 26 10:45:01 plex CRON[28555]: (root) CMD (/usr/sb…

• OMV Shutting Down/Restarting Randomly

winemaster - - General

If it's a power interruption is there any way to tell aside from swapping the power supply?

• Thanks. I've attached the logs below. I'm not too familiar with what's weird and what's not, frankly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• So my OMV system seems to shut itself down and/or restart quite often. At first it seemed to be after doing an apt-get update/upgrade but now it seems completely random. Now sometimes it will stay on for 10 or 12 days, and sometimes it will restart every 12 hours. Now it appears to be shutting down completely more often than restarting, at which point I have to physically restart the system. I did a new build of OMV 4.x about 8 months ago, and the restarts probably started happening 2-3 months a…

• Quote from subzero79: “You need to restart engined /etc/init.d/openmediavault-engined restart then omv-mkconf monit then /etc/init.d/monit restart ” When I try to do this, I get "-bash: /etc/init.d/openmediavault-engined: No such file or directory" Am I doing something incorrectly?

• Just a heads up, this appears to have been a DNS issue, not specifically a Plex issue. Not sure why it coincided with the latest release. I manually entered the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and it fixed the problem immediately. Also, I have read a lot about permissions issues with the Plex config folder: forums.plex.tv/t/extremely-fru…-about-permissions/288287

• Thanks!

• So it appears the newest version(s) of Plex Media Server have some metadata issues. The Plex forums have been less than helpful except to say that a lot of other people are experiencing similar issues. So I want to reinstall my PMS Docker with a previous version, but frankly I have no idea how to do that, nor do I know if it can be done from the OMV web interface using the docker plugin. Right now when I pull the linuxserver/plex docker in the web interface, it automatically adds the "latest" ta…

• Watchtower updated my Plex container to 1.15.5.994 8 hours ago, so you should be receiving the update shortly.

• Quote from GryFry: “Bonjour, Idem pour moi, surtout depuis que j'ai stoppé mon abonnement à Plex, pourtant Radarr et Sonarr tout est ok et envoie l'info à Plex. ” According to Google translate: Hello, Ditto for me, especially since I stopped my subscription to Plex, yet Radarr and Sonarr everything is ok and sends the info to Plex.

• Has anyone else been having trouble with Plex metadata not downloading since the last update (v. 1.15.4.993)? I have movies now not matching altogether, and when they do match, the metadata will not pull down. Sometimes posters come in, sometimes they don't. All was working well before the latest update. Is there something else I should be checking? I've check all permissions for the Plex media directories and files, and they are all owned by the plex user, so that shouldn't be an issue.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “What does this have to do with OMV? Even if you are using the OMV Docker plugin, it doesn't use credentials. ” Is there a possibility of OMV users (especially those using Watchtower) unwittingly downloading an untrusted package?

• Awesome. Thank you. Resolved.

• I recently set up a new media server on OMV 4.x, and decided to use dockers for my various applications, which has been tremendous. However, I am running into an issue with my VPN causing problems for Plex remote server access. I installed the /linuxserver/plex docker which works great, followed with the /linuxserver/transmission docker with similarly great results. Then I stumbled across TechnoDadLife's video on the /haugene/transmission-openvpn docker. With torrenting getting hotter and hotter…

• I recently set up a new media server on OMV 4.x, and decided to use dockers for my various applications, which has been tremendous. However, I am running into an issue with my VPN causing problems for Plex remote server access. I installed the /linuxserver/plex docker which works great, followed with the /linuxserver/transmission docker with similarly great results. Then I stumbled across TechnoDadLife's video on the /haugene/transmission-openvpn docker. With torrenting getting hotter and hotter…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “It only removes the library after copying it to the new location. That said, I have been telling people for months to not use the plugin. use docker instead. ” This worked like a dream, thank you. Docker is love. Docker is life. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Which union filesystem were you using? OMV 2.x had three available. And you don't really move the union filesystem. You are just creating a new pool on top of existing filesystems. When you created the pool, it was most lik…

• So I am beginning my journey to upgrade from OMV 2.x to OMV 4.x. I'm a bit of a noob, but I had help from a friend The system is used solely for media, Plex and Torrenting. I have an OS drive, 5 content drives arranged in a union filesystem, and a SnapRAID drive for parity. I decided to try a fresh install over the weekend. It went well getting everything set up, until I connected the content drives. I made a new Union Filesystem from the same drives, and then tried to connect them to Plex. Well…