Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 369.

• I wish I could help but I have already exhausted my "vast" storehouse of knowledge. Hopefully someone will be able to point you to the solution. Someone is always saying "Clear your browser's cache" but I don't know if that would be applicable in this situation. Maybe restart your server. Got a large hammer?

• I had it backwards: The Settings tab is where you set it up, and Notifications is where you choose which emails to receive. Do you have the "Enable" button green in Settings?

• I’m not looking at it right now so I can’t be exact, but there is a settings tab in Notifications where you can select which kinds of notifications you want to receive.

• New subdirectories not writeable

Agricola - - CIFS/SMB

Do you have "Inherit ACL's" and "Inherit Permissions" selected in your SMB setup?

• Do you have your NFS or SMB shares created from your Shared Folders, and have permissions and ACL's set for your user?

• What to choose OMV4 or OMV5

Agricola - - General

I run videos from Plex apps on a Roku player, an Apple TV, an iPad, a laptop, and my main Mac. Nothing lags. Everything is on Ethernet except the iPad. My media server right now is a Nano Pi M4 with a 4x SATA hat. I can’t say for certain about your system though. Maybe others will chime in.

• Quote from KM0201: “When you create a filesystem, giving it a "label" is one of the options.. Go to FIlesystems, click create, and you'll see the label option. Now look in the webUI under filesystems, and one of the columns is "Label". ” I thought that was required, not optional. I didn't think the filesystems would work without a label. Besides, who wouldn't want an easy to remember label.

Agricola - - General

I don't want to be a nag, and you can do what you want, and I won't mention it again, but a 32gig USB drive plugged into the back of your pc makes a very good and reliable OS drive, and very easy to back up too. If you are concerned about wear on a USB stick, OMV has a wear-leveling plugin that most everyone uses to get long life out of SD cards and USB sticks. Quoting from page 75 of the Getting Started guide in the Guide section of this forum: "Given the low cost of flash media and with socket…

• SMB/CIFS share name

Agricola - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from marsb007: “But it literally says “NAS - SMB/CIFS” ” That's how my servers show up on my Mac.

• Plex has a decent photo storage/display. It also has lots of tech support on the forum. Look in the Guides section for @macom’s [How-To].

Agricola - - General

If it’s your first rodeo with OMV dig up an old pc and install your os on a 32gig thumb drive. I picked up a couple of 2.5Ghz dual cores for free a while back simply by asking “Hey, what are you going to do with that?” two different times. They both work great. Or you can buy any of a number of single board computers and run your os on a 32gig micro sd card. 128gig is way too big. OMV is made to run os and data on separate drives. Go to the Guides section of the forum and read up on how to insta…

• I'm going to put a "resolved" on this thread. Edit: Sorry it was so late in coming. 1. I was initially having trouble setting up Nextcloud on a NanoPi M4 V1 using OMV5. 2. I was using @macoms [How-To] 3. My main trouble was getting docker to create a custom bridge network to connect the four containers together. 4. I was able to successfully run single-container yml files such as Plex or Heimdall, but not Nextcloud. 5. The solution was found in this article. Debian 10 uses a different version of…

• @aldrick Here's an article that gives a work around to replace the new version of iptables in Buster to "legacy". Apparently the "new" iptables in Buster prevent Docker-network from working properly. I hope that helps. I'm assuming you are using OMV 5. If you are on OMV 4 then this is not going to help you.

• Some advice moving rootfs to SSD

Agricola - - General

Shut down your Odroid, pull the ssd card, and do a "dd" or some such. Here's an article for Windows or Mac: thepi.io/how-to-back-up-your-raspberry-pi/

• NAS with OMV and Rasberry Pi 4

Agricola - - General

What @Adoby said . If you buy a SATA hat I think it comes in a two-port and four port model for the pi4. Make sure it is intended for the Raspberry Pi4.

• “exec” can’t hurt.

Agricola - - General

Quote from Samazar: “Hi Agricola, thank you very much for that useful piece of information, I appreciate it. I think I'll start off with a Pi4 and a SATA hat. Have you had any bad experiences with USB3 ? So with SMB shares, the NAS or Folders on the NAS show up on the Mac/iDevices ? ” All of my disks are connected to SATA on my M4. I always have a backup connected to my hc2’s but it is only usb2, so I can’t shed any light on usb3, just that I’ve seen a fair bit on the forum of folks having probl…

Agricola - - General

1. There is a SATA hat available for the pi 4. I don’t have a pi4 but I do have a NanoPi M4 with a SATA hat and it works just fine. I use Macs/iDevices with my network and it works fine with SMB shares. Roku is better than AppleTV (for Plex) with my setup. @Adoby has the scoop on powered enclosures. Follow his advice on enclosures. He’s an Emby guy - I use Plex and love it. I’m sure they are both on a par.

• Onlyoffice is an app activated from within Nextcloud. Once Nextcloud is up and running you install/activate it under your user icon at the top right corner of the Nextcloud web page: /apps/Office & text

• You should start by making a full mirror backup of your hc2 disk with your new big disk connected via usb. One of the Getting Started guides in this post will guide you through a backup using Rsync. Starting on about page 64 of either guide there is a section on backups using Rsync. Once your backup is synced the guide shows you how to repoint your shares from the 6 to the 14TB so you can then swap the disks around and use the 6TB in your next step on the backup server. I always keep a mirrored …