Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• Rename partition label

BrianRS - - General

Quote from macom: “If you want to change the file system label the cleanest procedure should be: 1. remove all shares on that file system from the services 2. remove the shares on that file system (only the share, not the content!!!) 3. un-mount the file system 4. change the file system label via CLI 5. mount the file system with the new name 6. create the shared folders 7. add the shared folders to the services All steps except #4 to be performed in the GUI of OMV. You should really not change …

• Rename partition label

BrianRS - - General

Well, I ran into some issue whilst I tried to rename mine. I run OMV4 as a VM on a ESXi host, with 2 Disks RDM from ESX as they are in fact 2 RAID arrays, one is a RAID1 3TB whilst the other is a RAID10 3TB (6x1TB) About a month ago I renamed the device (/dev/sdb1) from "Array1SMB" to what it is now functional "Array1_RAID1" whilst it was still not referenced yet by anything. I done that by CLI editing /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and /etc/fstab then rebooted OMV. forum.openmediavault.org/inde…

• RAID on VM

BrianRS - - RAID

Well hello everyone, It looks like this is the right place to pose my questions, therefore let me begin first with the server config. I have a HP ProLiant Gen8 with ESXi5.5 (genuine licence) installed on a 4GB SD HC card (booting/working fine) Sadly still the Intel G1610T processor (will eventually upgrade to Xeon E3-1265L v2), but managed to upgrade to 16GB ECC RAM though. Also I have an OCZ 120GB SSD installed on the SATA5 port (ODD with the silly floppy to SATA power adapter) with all my VMs …