Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 85.

• Omv 5 is still in beta? I'm a bit confused

Wek - - General

Thank you very much for the answer @votdev. Well, I will be glad to be one more to test it Downloading it right now.

• Omv 5 is still in beta? I'm a bit confused

Wek - - General

Hi Guys, it's been a while since I posted here, being busy at work lately. Today I had some spare time, so I decided to have a sneak peak here and see how things are going, with the chance to see if I need to upgrade any of my servers (they run omv 4). I got stuck though and a bit confused by the omv site, so here is my question: Does Omv 5.0 still to be considered in Beta? or is it ready to use in production? it's a long time since I remember that it was already in beta, omv homepage get me eve…

• Anyway I just went through a run test of it, but I can't understand, I'm a bit confused by the suggestion, here's the result: of the command: Linux 4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 (wai) 06/13/2019 _x86_64_ (4 CPU) avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle 1.94 2.20 1.43 5.64 0.00 88.78 Device: tps kB_read/s kB_wrtn/s kB_read kB_wrtn sda 105.77 1195.04 587.14 1173971 576788 sdc 0.30 11.54 0.49 11337 486 sde 0.35 14.40 1.03 14144 1014 sdb 2.73 38.57 3.04 37889 2989 sdd 34.48 283.68 189.21 278681 1858…

• No I'm not using flashmemory plugin, I just supposed it has been deleted because from the logs through the openmediavault webpage doesn't look anything strange everything seems to be fine, except most of the logs are deleted like syslog etc. because I had to hard reset the machine to get back to it. Also I looked at dmesg errors, nothing strange expect some warning about ACPI errors due to bios not really good implementation of it, but nothing strange it's been there since the beginning, also an…

• So nobody have ever the same issue? I Guess my only option is to format and reinstall everything O.o, is there any way I can save all the config of dockers and services I activated to import\export after installation so to the tedious task to reconfigure everything?!

• Hi everyone, Since a couple of months, I'm having some weird issues with Omv4. As soon as I boot up the machine everything works fine, I can reach the smb shares, ssh into it, login through the webinterface, check transmission everything's good, BUT as soon as the machine stays uptime for some time, it begin to be "unreachable". I put it on quotes, because in fact the machine is online I can ping it, and I can see it through the modem connected, but I cannot login or use any of the services in i…

• no one?!

• Hi everyone I'm having a little trouble accessing bitwarden remotely through the use of duckdns and letsencrypt + reverse proxy, I hope someone can help me I'm still in the learning process. I developed bitwarden through docker as @TechnoDadLife explains in his tutorial youtu.be/_vfNL8872t8 Unfortunately the process let you with a local access through standard port, no https, so I decided to go the route duckdns+letsencrypt+reverse proxy (everything through docker) to access it remotely via http…

• 109 visits and no one has a clue or a suggestion for it? Preeeeeeeeeeeeetty please :D?!?!

• I was trying to add a firewall rule for mariadb on the port 3306 and I noticed the firewall is acting weird not letting me add or modify any rule..giving me the Failed to execute command routine as you can see from the error code down here. I don't think is something strictly related with iptable, but I'm getting this problem only with it at the moment. Any suggestion on how to solve this? Source Code (19 lines)

• @donh sure here it is pretty straight forward. Sometime windows acts weird if you just save user password to a share through the popup window that appears once you select a new share. The thing is windows almost always forget the password or has confusion about how password get saved, especially on windows7 and windows10 (there is a bug never solved). So the right way to set a persistent share (no need to type user\pass everytime on reboot) is thorugh credential manager. To do that just pres win…

• @donh after some tests, it seems that I've fixed the issue at least those pc didn't complain about since yesterday. None of the fix proposed about the error fixed it neither the netbios tcp\ip setting. The thing that I changed that seems to work, was a trick I used on windows 7 too and it is to go through the credential manager of window, delete all the Windows Credentials created automatically, and create a new one from scratch, giving username password and server on the respective fields. In t…

• omv 4?

Wek - - General

@Huberer thanks pal, didn't see the thread, unfortunately for me the trick to apt clean didn't work out I will wait for ryecoaaron and notice about the support email he sent. Until then it seems not to be too much problem so it's ok

• I will try it, but I guess will not work I was looking for the error code and saw tons and tons of same windows error with users apparently microsoft fucked up again with samba share I will see if I can solve it through activating netbios\tcp on the lan as I saw many of them solve it like that.. If you have any other suggestion fire away

• omv 4?

Wek - - General

Today I was doing the routinely apt update and I've got an error message from apt complaning about the repository dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis stretch Release is no longer signed. therefore disabled by default. But I have openmediavault-keyring installed, did it happen to some of you aswell?

• I have some weird issues with omv samba share, and some windows 10 machines of a client, randomly when they try to connect to a samba share of omv, when those machine come up fresh from boot or when they connect with a username and then try to reconnect with another username or again when one user try to connect with same username and passowrd from 2 different pc at the same time. Of course those are all different errors, so I will try my best to enumerate them and if you know how to fix them th…

• HP microserver Gen10

Wek - - My NAS Build

Quote from qwertz1234: “Yeah, I's only a flimsy one, but still better than without it. Before I got my first servers i'd never believed that those thing would filter out anything - but after 2+ years runtime it shows... ” Hell yes! :°D my old hp gen 6 seemed to have created a new animal species when I got it outside the drawer :°D

• HP microserver Gen10

Wek - - My NAS Build

@qwertz123 I feel you pal. I'm basically feeling like have deployed a bomb in the SOHO :°D that for now is running smooth but who knows?! :°D Didn't notice the bug on smart, because I use smart on every hard disk, and they go to sleep fine..does omv tell you anything in syslog why it didn't go to sleep? maybe is not smart (that seems rather odd if you set it the right way) are you using plex by any chance, that would keep your hard disk always on no matter what if you are using it or not. below …

• Totally agree with you @flmaxey about the poor security hopping around especially with those "OEM's hardware for Office" it's insane to overlook something so simple like make it work properly with a secure samba share, I mean how much difficult is it to make it the right way, instead like...just throw there some access and call the day -.- Anyway I already went through the config of the printer back then the user was ricoh but didn't work, I also created a user and password for it on the server …

• omv 4?

Wek - - General

@Skaronator my bad you are right I will edit my answer thanks