Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

• How to get data off my RAID

Cori - - RAID

Quote from DesertPilot: “How do I mount with the command line? ” What do you want to mount? Can you paste the output of your /etc/fstab? Shell-Script (1 line)

• Quote from geaves: “You have to do more than that from my understanding you will have to update monit. ” Ya, I was getting email errors so I found and fixed that one too. Thanks. Quote from geaves: “ That's like adding some glue in the hope that it stays together ” Gotcha. I agree

• How to get data off my RAID

Cori - - RAID

So the Raspi doesn't have enough power to power those external drives. You will need to use a powered USB hub. Raspi has some issues with loading the drivers late on the USB hub so you should wait until after it boots and gets network before you plug in the connector from the powered USB hub. If that works for you then you can edit /etc/rc.local and put the following just before the exit statement: Shell-Script (3 lines)

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from Cori: “You didn't manually move your mount point, before doing all that. Give that a shot? ” Why would I do that, the system works as it is, you change something like the mount point you not only have to change OMV's config to ensure that it continues to function correctly but any scripts that have been created/written for OMV's default settings. The fact that mine worked would suggest that that the delete function in shared folders in the GUI is simply deleting th…

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from Cori: “That friends is a serious flaw in the code and someone should be looking at this. ” Out of curiosity having read this thread I have just tested this on my own system, created a share in the GUI, confirmed the share appears in /srv/dev-disk-by-label etc and under /sharedfolders using WinSCP. Using WinSCP from my W10 workstation copied a folder to the new share on OMV, created a simple text file in that share, confirmed it all showed in the mount point /srv/de…

• Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from Cori: “This time the RAID seems to be auto mounting correctly under /sharedfolders I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. ” Please have a look at this post Mods please help ” Thanks for your info. I did and that issue seems still un-resolved. I had the same issue but i fixed that already. I guess my main concern at this time, which is still un-answered, is how in the world I could delete a shared folder, without the option to delete shared folder+content an…

• Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from Cori: “This time the RAID seems to be auto mounting correctly under /sharedfolders I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. ” Please have a look at this post Mods please help ” Thanks for your info. I did and that issue seems still un-resolved. I had the same issue but i fixed that already. I guess my main concern at this time, which is still un-answered, is how in the world I could delete a shared folder, without the option to delete shared folder+content an…

• Mods please help - OMV on Buffalo LS-WVL

Cori - - General

I had this issue and ran Source Code (1 line)and it fixed my issue. I also had everything correct in the /etc/fstab /etc/monit/*.conf etc. I guess there are otther Files where this is, maybe a database or something that was wrong as well.

• So how about adding a button in OMV "Protect Data" which would essentially do a chattr +a to the /sharedfolders/Share directories. This would make all the files immuntable and still allow ppl to drop files in the share and read them.

• Quote from Adoby: “I'd just start over from scratch. Even if I got things working I would have a nagging suspicion that something I haven't noticed (yet) is wrong. And I would have to start over anyway sometime in the future and loose even more time/work. ” So I wiped all the old Shared Folders and everything. Remade them and now I can access the CIFS shares again. This time the RAID seems to be auto mounting correctly under /sharedfolders I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. I only notice…

• Quote from Adoby: “Good for you having backups! You are way ahead of many! I'm not sure what you did. A shared folder typically contains a lot of data. And if you delete it you loose the data as well. When you delete a shared folder, using the OMV GUI, you are asked if you want to delete the shared folder or delete the shared folder + content. I suspect you messed up. I suggest that you reinstall from scratch. When I started using OMV I reinstalled several times before I had everything figured o…

• I am having a lot of issues with OMV. I was trying to remove a Shared Folder so that I could re-link it to the correct device so I selected delete folder, not the one that says + content. It then proceeded to delete everything, including the content!! All my data is GONE. I actually had another backup so thankfully it:s just lost time. Now I have no more sharedfolder, and it wont let me even link it to a device. I dont know what to do here.

• I found them in /srv/ Once I removed them from there (in addition to the aforementioned locations) and ran 'service monit start' then I could stop getting those errors.

• I have the same issue. I went back and added another disk, and made a RAID 1, but the old disks are still listed. I've tried remove them from the config and fstab and etc. They just keep getting re-written in those files. I'm not sure what is doing it yet.

• Rsync - Pull mode

Cori - - RSync

Quote from booga: “Voilà... it's done ! Pull mode works. Finally, it was so easy. No password, no ssh because it's on a local network. Just had to create a client-side configuration file and specify a module. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Are you trying this from the command line? ” Yes. Just to understand. The GUI confuses me. Anyway... Thank you ryecoaaron.And thank you so much Adoby for your explanation ! ” This is the most convoluted Rsync setup I've ever messed with. Why not just give the admin a…

• Quote from dazzil: “Hi, I am sorry to ask this (very likely) newbie question: Following TechniDadLife Tutorial for Nextcloud (youtube.com/watch?v=PKsq7k2pwsI) I am not able to complete the nextcloud installation. Once I open the nextcloud installation page and enter all data, I get the following error message: Source Code (1 line)MariaDB is running and both are, judging from my not knowledge, in the same network when I check it in Docker. When I check the MariDB Container Log I see "Warning: Wor…