Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

• Silent NAS Case

xventura23 - - My NAS Build

Quote from Shinobi: “I put those under my Node 304 and they reduced the hdd vibration noise a lot! smile.amazon.de/dp/B07KPG1CWY/…_r_cp_apa_i_Nq8rEb790S6J1 Otherwise i sport a semi passive cpu cooler and psu and they never ramp up... ” I can confirm that put anti vibration pads or feets under the case reduced the hdd vibration noise a lot. Now I'm happy and stay with my existing set up. Maybe in the future i will change to the Node 304. (was from beginning my favorite) Thanks to all for the grea…

• Silent NAS Case

Quote from MelbVFR: “In win ms04? Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk ” The MS04 is also a good alternative. But also for this one, in germany is difficult to find a seller... Quote from KM0201: “I've always found the biggest issue with noise, was the PSU. Even the cheapest case, as long as the PSU is of reasonable quality, they've been relatively quiet. Larger fans, moving slow/medium speed... less noise. ” I've no problems with the psu (is from bequiet) or with the fans. The only thing that dist…

• Silent NAS Case

The U-NAS NSC-400 looks good but in Germany I can't find a seller. @thedarkness Is the height of the Fractal Design Node 304 21cm with or w/o feet?

• Silent NAS Case

Thanks. I had already looked at the Fractal Design Node 304. Unfortunately it is 25cm wide, but alternatively I could put it on its side and put rubber feet below. Are the feet removable so that the height can be reduced to 20cm? With 21cm width I found also the Coolermaster Silencio S400. What do you think about this? (Actually I prefer 20cm maximum width to have 1cm space in between.)

• Silent NAS Case

Hello everybody I am looking for a silent case for my NAS. It should have at least space for 4 x 3.5" hard disks and be no wider than 20-21cm. Currently I have a SilverStone SST-PS12B and I am not satisfied with the noise level. The hard drives are just too loud.(7200rpm IronWolf) My current favorite is the Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Edition. Do you know a better alternative? Thanks!

• Okay i bought a Netgear GS308E and will test this tomorrow. I have done a test with my laptop connected via lan to the FritzBox and via iperf the result for a 1000M file are 600 MBits/sec. Upload via SMB is between 50-100 Mb/s. Can I exclude with the results there is something wrong with the NIC? like the drivers? I have already read that r8168 had problems with the driver of r8169. But not vice versa. I cannot understand why i get a so bad result via laptop wifi - i have a Killer 1550 Wifi Card…

• I checked the speed with iperf and i get the same result. So I think there is a problem with the network configuration? or maybe the ethernet driver on the J5005-ITX Board? I have an r8169 modul but the firmware from r8168. Others are not available at packages.debian.org/buster/firmware-realtek Can this be the reason? I am grateful for any advice. PS: I run OMV 5.2.4-1 on top of Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 5.4.0-0.bpo.2-amd64.

• Hi guys I have the same issues that my transfer speed with smb are only between 10 mb/s and 20. Now I want to find the reason. I went trough the initial points from Adoby and here is the result: Slow router/switch. --> Fritzbox 7590 No switch. --> No switch Slow USB interface. WiFi is used. --> Yes NTFS is used on the NAS. --> No, ext4 Slow and feeble Windows client. --> Dell XPS 15 9570, I think no Bad cables. --> cable is a Cat 6e and tried with different cables Network extensions using power …