Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• MACVLAN Issues

geaves - - Docker

There is an interesting video here this installs pi-hole without macvlan.

• RAID5 disappears when removing 1 HD

geaves - - RAID

Have replied on github.

• Quote from nick2k3: “what is the proper way to bind-mount configurations in docker? ” /srv/dev-disk-by-label-<name>/<share name> that's the absolute path.

• MACVLAN Issues

geaves - - Docker

Quote from ozboss: “Sorry I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. ” that @limac seems to have found an issue in relation to the arp cache, also the other link the user had to wait a few hours for this to resolve itself. The fact that this can be replicated on amd64 and on the Pi suggests that it may have nothing to do with the kernel, the fact that the new Pi kernel resolves it, is a bonus. My test machine is currently shutdown but one option I have thought of testing is to install th…

• MACVLAN Issues

geaves - - Docker

Quote from ozboss: “So now I'm running OMV5 with kernel 5.4.0 (amd64) and I experience the same behaviour.. ” I think that is related to @limac findings in his post 4, also this post would confirm that there could be an issue in relation to the arp cache.

• Linear RAID array is no longer working

geaves - - RAID

Quote from trrrtle: “Well, I decided to just recreate the array and hope for the best. ” Well done, I know that can be done but usually it creates more issues than it resolves, but if you've only got around 4Tb of data perhaps a different setup might be worth considering.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from trrrtle: “mdadm: /dev/md0 assembled from 1 drive - not enough to start the array. ” Ok the array will not start, if you can't start it then there is nothing to do. Quote from trrrtle: “md127 : inactive vda[0](S) ” The raid reference can change, but usually after a reboot or change of hardware, you could try the same again replacing md0 with md127 but I think you are on a losing wicket.

geaves - - RAID

TBH I've never used this option and it's something I would stay clear of without a backup. A linear raid is a grouping of drives to create one single large virtual drive, linear raid provides no redundancy but it decreases reliability, if one member drive fails the whole array cannot be used. If this was mirror using the output information from disk 2 it's recoverable because the data is mirrored, in linear data is sequential. You could try this as the raid /dev/md0 is showing inactive; mdadm --…

geaves - - RAID

Quote from trrrtle: “Anything I can do to fix this? ” Got a backup?

• Quote from procount: “I read that too somewhere, but isn't that only relevant to the amd64 environment? ” I think so but you've already tried one way and it didn't work and you appear to understand this more than I do, but if this was me experimentation would be the answer, you never know something might just fall into place

• Quote from procount: “But when I try to install the zfs plugin it wants to build zfs-dkms and stomp all over my previous zfs installation. ” Even to someone like me who doesn't use ZFS that would make sense, the obvious path would be set up the 64 bit kernel on the Pi, then install OMV, then the ZFS plugin, but I'm sure I have read on the forum the advice is to use the Proxmox kernel for zfs use, could be wrong though.

• Quote from BozzArc: “I am using SBC (raspberry pi 4). ” Ah!! then your answer is here

• Installing OMV5 on Raspberry Pi4 with ZFS

geaves - - Plugins

Quote from procount: “Has anyone had any experience with this? ” No, but this might be of help and could be worth your while testing prior to an OMV install

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

geaves - - RAID

Quote from HannesJo: “Yeah but you said the rest of it and thats my point. No one looses any data because of RAID0 but because they did not have a backup. ” TBH I am going to agree with @cabrio_leo the point being made was the consequences/downfall of using Raid 0 if one drive fails then you will lose all data across both drives unlike Raid 1 and Raid 5 which will allow one drive failure and the Raid would still be recoverable. The point you should be making is, "if you must use a Raid setup the…

• Quote from Fusion: “I'll look into rsync and rsnapshot thanks! I'm excited to learning more about NAS and using OMV. ” because a Linear Raid would be like bending over, kissing your data goodbye whilst jumping out of a plane without a parachute although clearing your browser cache is a good start to that process.

• Quote from Fusion: “I'm getting this error when I want to set up any level of Raid in OMV. ” Why? as your first sentence says you have little or no experience of setting up a NAS or server. Those are 2 BIG drives, setting up any sort of raid with that size drive would not be a good idea, a better use would be to use one for data and use the other for rsync or rsnapshot.

• Sharedfolders

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from votdev: “I'm really tired of this feature. It makes more troubles than it helps. ” Apologies, I pulled this from another thread, but I have to agree, I can understand it's use but if it's more trouble than it's worth why not remove the feature? Just because it's easier to see a folder content using /sharefolders rather than /srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxx seems a small price to pay for what is a feature.

• I spent a couple of days trying this on a Pi, when you select network just selecting the piholenet is sufficient you do not have to add an IPv4 address as you have used /32 within the macvlanconfig, that alone says it's a single IP address, also Enable manual container attachment was an option I did not enable. The workaround in some other threads is to ping your workstation/laptop from within the pihole container, you log file appears to complete, it doesn't hang and it doesn't go in a loop, an…

• Retrieving data after OS disk failure

geaves - - General

Quote from KM0201: “Rinse/Repeat for all your shares. ” s'funny I've heard that one before

• Retrieving data after OS disk failure

geaves - - General

Quote from slogorn: “the former ones don't appear on my computer when I log in using the new user credentials.. ” They won't you have to re create them, so an an example if you had a movie folder on your raid create a movie folder in OMV under shared folders, but be careful, e.g. Movies is not the same as movies.