Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 697.

• Active Directory / LDAP Revisited

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Thanks for this script. Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

• Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

donh - - General

Quote from tacioandrade: “Here is a shell script that integrates OMV 4 and OMV 5 with AD without errors! The dialog script was made by a friend based on one I had made simpler, he already activates samba, installs all packages and integrates with AD or Samba4. github.com/eduardojonck/shell_…master/Join_OMV_to_AD_1.0 PS: The script is in Brazilian Portuguese as it was made for users of the omvbr group on Telegram, but nowadays with Google Translator for anyone in the world to use. ” Nice looking …

• Debian - Firmware Broadcom bnx2

donh - - General

What does lspci show. Mine shows. 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20) 01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20) 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20) Maybe they are different?

• Debian - Firmware Broadcom bnx2

donh - - General

Does a clean install of debian work? I am using proxmox (based on debian) on an r715 eith those nics. They worked fine without any attention. They have been around long enough the should be supported by debian out of the box.

• OMV 5.0.5 updates errors

donh - - General

Quote from aSa: “Thanks so much, that solved the problem. Should have asked earlier, that would have saved me 3 reinstalls ” Remember this is linux not windows. lol

• OMV as KVM Vm won't shutdown

donh - - General

Did you try using apt install qemu-guest-agent?

• Can you get to the web ui? I would guess the ip changed. It may be finding it by ipv6 too?

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

donh - - Plugins

Remember it is a wildcard cert. It goes to multiple servers. Just happens I made it for the untangle but it is the same format OMV wanted. You need to find the name to the name of the cert that you imported by web ui. Then rename it to that. Sorry for the confusion.

donh - - Plugins

#647 that you liked?

donh - - Plugins

I can't look now but I think I changed the type to match. See above. I need a few different types and do it by the script above.

donh - - Plugins

Once you import it the first time by hand you can find that file and then update that one by copy method. It wont show the correct expire date in the gui. But if you check the cert in a browser it will be the new cert.

• Interesting new open source NAS

donh - - General

They claim it supports OMV. wiki.kobol.io/helios64/intro/ [size=22]Software[url='https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/intro/#software']¶[/url][/size] [b]Software Specifications[/b] Operating System Linux Debian and Ubuntu Kernel Version 5.4 U-Boot Version 2019.11 Software Partners - Armbian: Debian and Ubuntu for ARM board - OpenMediaVault: Linux NAS turn-key solution - Syncloud: Cloud services at your premises - Nextcloud: The File Hosting Solutions

• Proxmox Spin down HDD

donh - - General

You might ask on irc on freenode.net ##proxmox. There are some smart users there. I think it is a proxmox issue.

• Strange outbound connection from OMV server

donh - - General

What is the port number?

• Active Directory / LDAP Revisited

donh - - CIFS/SMB

So you ran the script and are trying to connect to windows ad? if so try this. systemctl stop sssd.service && rm /var/lib/sss/db/* && systemctl start sssd.service Also I see you are trying with an ip address. AD is very dependant on dns.

• There is now a 5.2.0-1 update? Might break it again. LOL

• Join OMV5 a Domain

donh - - General

May setup samba some day when my windows servers go out of support. For now if it aint broke don't fix it.

• Join OMV5 a Domain

donh - - General

What kind of domain? If it's windows this is how I do it. If not you might see something that might help. forum.openmediavault.org/index…-LDAP-Revisited/?pageNo=1

donh - - Plugins

Glad you got it working. If you have time please write a quick summary for others so they don't get confused by my ramblings. loL

donh - - Plugins

That line got cut off somehow, ignore it. It was to create a /pfx cert. If you have the .pem files you just need cat /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.com/privkey.pem /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.com/cert.pem > /etc/letsencrypt/live/example.com/untangleapache.pem.