Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

• thanks! I did exactly that and now it's working.

• the thing is it used to work. the dropdown menu "sleep" (which issues pm-suspend) works perfectly with WOL. (WOL flag g is set as well) I've also found that autoshutdown issues "systemctl suspend" which doesn't work at all and just shuts down the machine. I manually edited the config (/etc/autoshutdown.conf) to issue pm-suspend, which works now as it always did. yay! problem is, as soon as I change something in the WebGUI it reverts the autoshutdown.conf to systemctl suspend. Is there a way to e…

• I'm super desperate. I'm not a linux expert and I'm having issues with this for months now. I've found out that the autoshutdown plugin sends "systemctl suspend" when suspending but I can't wake the computer via Wake on Lan afterwards, which is bad since I need this NAS for work. What should I do, where do I start?!

• NAS wakes on itself, why?

ja-ki - - General

I've set up OMV to stay awake for two particular IPs in my network. As soon as these turn off, the NAS shuts down 15 min later. For some reason it wakes up by itself without any of these computers being on. journalctl and the systemlog didn't yield any insight why... can you please help me troubleshoot this?

• Thanks for the tip! I thought the documentation was way too hard to understand for me as a linux noob, BUT I've found an exampe of a sleep.conf that seems to work (NAS goes to sleep when I press the standby button from the WEB GUI) Source Code (7 lines)

• What should I do then? I tried fiddling with the button itself, trying to get it to send "pm-suspend" or "systemctl suspend" but I'm too inexperienced in coding anything

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ja-ki: “so how do I get it working then? ” No idea. I don't put my servers to sleep. Quote from ja-ki: “Also pm-suspend works, but that's not what's getting triggered from the dropdown menu ” Need to figure out why systemctl suspend isn't working. @votdev ” systemctl suspend IS working! As well as pm-suspend. The computer shuts down, but keeps the LAN interface on, Wake on Lan works flawlessly this way. It's only the WEB GUI button "standby" that's not working

• so how do I get it working then? It used to work with OMV 4. Also pm-suspend works, but that's not what's getting triggered from the dropdown menu

• Wake on Lan not supported with 5.2 Kernel?

ja-ki - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ja-ki: “When I enter pm-is-supported --suspend, nothing happens. I assume I should get any kind of output? ” Sorry for not mentioning more... echo $? after the command will show the answer. If 0, then your system supports suspend. If anything else, it doesn't support suspend. Quote from ja-ki: “Still when I select "standby" from the dropdown menu in the upper right it shuts the system right off. What's wrong here? ” It looks like the code will try a suspend-hyb…

• When I enter pm-is-supported --suspend, nothing happens. I assume I should get any kind of output? systemctl suspend though suspends the system successfully and Waking it from Lan works too. Still when I select "standby" from the dropdown menu in the upper right it shuts the system right off. What's wrong here? Thanks for chiming in

• Okay, reinstalled OMV 5 and updated to the 5.3 proxmox kernel. When I select standby from the top right OMV menu in the web gui it shuts the computer down. Tried pm-suspend from the command line but I get "command not found". I'm hesitant to install something from the CLI since I don't want to break OMV again. Is it save to install?

• Upgrade to Kernel 5.3?

ja-ki - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from ness1602: “Quote from ja-ki: “Quote from ness1602: “On the other hand,you can always download latest ubuntu kernel: kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v5.3.1/ ” nope, that doesn't work. Says it needs ubuntu ” Did you try it before saying nope? ” yes. I even wen't into the script and removed the check for the distribution. It ran fine but eventually bricked my OMV installation. Had to reinstall everything edit: When I said it needs Ubuntu I meant the script after executing checks f…

• Upgrade to Kernel 5.3?

ja-ki - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from ness1602: “On the other hand,you can always download latest ubuntu kernel: kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v5.3.1/ ” nope, that doesn't work. Says it needs ubuntu

• Can't install OMV extras

ja-ki - - Plugins

tried that, but didn't help. I got it working anyway. I just ran omv-firtaid and purged the local sources from the CLI. That worked fortunately. Now to update the kernel!

• Can't install OMV extras

ja-ki - - Plugins

After no one was able to help me with my previous problems I decided to install OMV again. Unfortunately I installed the omv extras repo for version 5 of OMV (which I had previously installed) but noticed I have to install version 4 which is not possible anymore. I checked the sources lists etc and did apt-get clean etc. but can't get of the wrong repository for OMV extras and install the right one.

• I needed to update the kernel for a WIFI card that's coming this week and I wanted to be prepared. Wake on Lan doesn't work anymore though, before I was able to wake up my NAS from my router but now it doesn't work. Using OMV 5 it says WOL is activated on the current ethernet interface. Any ideas what I have to set up to get it working again?

• Hi, I've just completed my build: i5 3570k 16gb DDR3 Ram 6x4TB HDD Raid6 (+2x3TB soon, probably Raid1) (SFP+ Network card soon) I've immediately turned my focus to OMV since I dabbled with it briefly on my raspberry pi 3 a few years ago and liked it very much. My linux time ended back in 2005 so I asked a friend of mine to help me with it a little and we've encountered an interesting problem (99% sure we made the mistake): The RAID6 is supposed to serve as a storage space for work (I edit videos…